What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Playable on DVD Player

Playable on DVD Player
Author: Message:
Dan0208

36 / Male / –
O.P. Playable on DVD Player
Hey,

Well I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this. I have a number of music videos on my computer and also a fair few tv episodes. I want to be able to write them to dvd (separate dvds of course) so they will be playable in my dvd player.
Does anyone know what programs i would need to achieve this? The video files are in mpeg format.
I have tried the simple nero suite for this but find its takes huge amounts of time to re-encode (ie 12-15hrs) and then sometimes freezes when its almost done or i play it on my dvd player and the audio is out with the video (meaning the mouth moves but they are saying something else out of time).

Is there another program for doing this. I do not need to have dvd menus or anything really just to be able to put as many episodes or music videos that i can fit on the dvd and be able to watch it on the dvd player.

If anyone could describe a way of doing this with whatever programs to achieve this result that would be great.

Thanks for your help
[Image: wetpix%20sig.png]
10-30-2005 04:46 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
DragonX

40 / Male / –
RE: Playable on DVD Player
I use WinAVI to convert them to DVD format (.vob) and then i just burn them directly to disc with Nero Burning Rom (be sure to keep the video_st & audio_st structure ;)) or NeroVision if i want a fancy lil menu.
[Image: dsd-mi_616175.png]
10-30-2005 05:19 AM
Dan0208

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Playable on DVD Player
Cool thanks I will check it out. Does it generally take a long time to convert? and is it complicated?
Ill come back for help if i need it but i should be able to get it working and if not ill look on google for guides first.
Thanks once again
10-30-2005 06:28 AM
DragonX

40 / Male / –
RE: Playable on DVD Player
Nah it's super easy - and plus it converts anything to anythig too. Time varies with files size of course, but if i remember right, a 1:30h long movie takes somethin like 20 mins, i think
[Image: dsd-mi_616175.png]
10-30-2005 06:33 AM
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Playable on DVD Player
quote:
Originally posted by DragonX
be sure to keep the video_st & audio_st structure ;)
TS not st ;).

I'd expect 2 hours of encoding time for an hour of video at best quality. At a low quality setting you might get 1 hour of video encoded in half an hour, but it all depends on your computer (mainly CPU power, free RAM, disk quality, and disk fragmentation).
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
10-30-2005 07:52 AM
Dan0208

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Playable on DVD Player
Thanks for the info. ill report back when i see how this goes.
Oh and because they are multiple files (ie episodes) how do i convert them and put them all onto the same dvd. You mentioned they will become dvd format (vob files) can i add multiple vob files.
To my understanding i thought you couldnt?
otherwise how else would i achieve what i want by putting multiple episodes on the same disk??
10-30-2005 08:36 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: