What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Official Msgplus Chat Channel?

Pages: (9): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
Official Msgplus Chat Channel?
Author: Message:
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Official Msgplus Chat Channel?
quote:
Originally posted by Leo
(y) Very well put, Sunshine.
quote:
Just send anyone who wants to chat in #msgplus to #banana (state that it "isn't official" or something that makes most people happy)

We could do that but it would still not change the fact that they see the same people inthere who may respond differently in a chan that's chat based instead of support based.. so they will still complain about it, official chan or not. Only difference this makes is that we now actively have to point them there as they don't know support chan aint for chat..nobody will come into the chat chan out of emselves anymore. In other words put the strain on the ops in #msgplus.

In #msgplus we stay nice (atleast try to) even when someone seeking help is rude...in a chat chan that's a completely different story. If people come inthere with an attitude like i'm all this and that..lookie at my pic i'm hot so i can say whatever the hell i want kinda attitude then yah expect some flaming/fighting/arguments. Some people even misinterpret a joke as beeing serious resulting in arguments. We in general aren't rude inthere but like everywhere else on irc or whatever chatprogram you can't expect to be accepted right away if you come in with an attitude first time you join.

Also leaving forums because of something that happened on irc is petty in my eyes...the two are not the same! Bringing it all onhere is even worse, deal with it onthere talk to the chanowner..prevent all those others joining in flaming over something they know nothing about. Putting shit like that onhere in my eyes is an attempt to destroy a perfectly good community, it causes arguments wich aint needed and certainly are not wanted onhere.

This post was edited on 11-02-2005 at 03:28 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
11-02-2005 03:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
Whatever ends up happening, reduce the number of opers there. there is something like 15 at any point in time, I would like to see that number drop to about 5-7 if poosible. It may stop the supposed power abuse

my 2 cents
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
11-02-2005 03:42 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
YottabyteWizard

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
Whatever ends up happening, reduce the number of opers there. there is something like 15 at any point in time, I would like to see that number drop to about 5-7 if poosible. It may stop the supposed power abuse

indeed
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
expect some flaming/fighting/arguments
That's why i don't join neither banana, and sometimes go to msghelp or keep at forums and MSN all day long.
11-02-2005 04:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
I think it is important for there to be a chat channel. If there isn't then #msgplus will become full of spam imo.

However, the problem is that there were way to many ops in #banana, for people who are not familiar with IRC and IRC culture, an op would seem like a member of the staff almost, and if members of staff are telling people to stfu and laughing at them then it gives a very bad impression of Messenger Plus!

I think if you do make a new messenger plus chat channel, it should have less Ops, and if people become Ops, then they have to follow strict guidelines about how to behave and talk while they are Ops, if they just want to chat, then they should temporarily surrender their Ops status.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
11-02-2005 05:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
emit
Disabled Account

You're trying to turn IRC into a bureaucracy with rules and regulations. That removes the whole essence of IRC.
11-02-2005 05:36 PM
Exca

Not illiteral, just ignoring you

36 / Male / –
But still a chat channel would dispower this forum, unless it's only a 'chit chat channel' mainly under members; and questions to be asked here on the forums...
But that is my opinion!

[Image: djexcaround.gif]
11-02-2005 05:36 PM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Exca
But still a chat channel would dispower this forum, unless it's only a 'chit chat channel' mainly under members; and questions to be asked here on the forums...
Hasnt it been like that ???
Main forums .... questions can be asked on #msgplus and random chit chat on #banana

Anyways .... agreed with sunshine and tis true there cant be a 200 person convo on msn .... you cant have a decent 5 + person convo ..... its tough ... you need IRC in that respect i guess .... but what i dont get is why is there a need for it to be an "official" channel. What difference does it make if it isnt ?
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
11-02-2005 05:51 PM
segosa
Community's Choice

quote:
Originally posted by YottabyteWIzard
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
expect some flaming/fighting/arguments
That's why i don't join neither banana, and sometimes go to msghelp or keep at forums and MSN all day long.

What, you're afraid of arguments? That's ridiculous.

quote:
Originally posted by saralk

I think if you do make a new messenger plus chat channel, it should have less Ops, and if people become Ops, then they have to follow strict guidelines about how to behave and talk while they are Ops, if they just want to chat, then they should temporarily surrender their Ops status.

As Time said, you're trying to turn IRC into something it is not. IRC is about free speech. If you act like a lamer, you will be treated like one. If you can't look after yourself and stand your ground, you're going to have problems.
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
11-02-2005 05:52 PM
Facta

...come se sia l'ultima volta....

34 / – / –
I vote for cookie and if you want more help myself:P (As ops)

This post was edited on 11-02-2005 at 07:39 PM by Facta.
11-02-2005 07:35 PM
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
Wow, a guy with 22 posts that joined in october wants to be Op..

Anyway, i dont go to irc that much, but i'm my vision no more irc chatting could make ths forum better
11-02-2005 07:47 PM
Pages: (9): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: