What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Anybody wants to take over my projects?

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Anybody wants to take over my projects?
Author: Message:
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. Shocked  Anybody wants to take over my projects?
Well... I've been thinking about this for a long time! But now I decided to do it...
Many people in here know me for my somewhat good plugins, but I haven't been programming any plugins for the past 5 months (or so) except for one (which was never released).
I am now offering some code for people that want to make some plugins for Messenger, note that all these are made in VB 6(Visual Basic 6)...
I will only send each code to one coder! So only one coder has the code and not 20 different coders have the same code... Therefore I’m creating this thread so people can "sign up". I want you to write a message here containing what plugin you would be interested in, and then sending a PM Message to me, telling me what future you would like to give the plugin, and any ideas you can think off, if you have released any other plugins you are very welcome to include links to those plugins in that PM.
I need serious coders that want to continue these plugins, I don't want people that only want the source code because it's available, I want the people that want to continue these plugins, finish them, give them a better GUI, customization, features etc....
I will select those that get the source code, and I base that on what you can post in your PM to me, if you sound serious enough, if people are taking you serious (this meaning that lots of negative reps will definitely not be a positive thing here :P), and other various stuff.
All I want in return is that you take good care of my projects and of course give me credit for your next release!
Now, some of you will think “Why the f**k is he giving out his source?”, well simple; I simply don’t have time to keep these projects running, they were well known when they were released, but they faded away because I couldn’t keep them alive, now it’s your chance to bring them back to life! This way I also favour some of the plugin development newbie’s here a chance of learning some things, and releasing a plugin.
I’ve decided to go for all my source codes for my current plugins, here is a little about each project, some ideas I have about their future, and a link to the original thread. I will also bump each thread of my projects, so people will notice them.

Change Systray Icon Text Plugin
This was a plugin that was intended to change the Systray text to something other than MSN Messenger, this was intended for use with the boss protection, but I stopped this project again, the same day as I wrote the post in the link, it needs some kind of incorporation with the Boss Protection, or maybe it could have it’s own boss protection mode, at least the changing of the icon isn’t hard using this code, and to hide the different windows shouldn’t be much of a problem for a medium coder.
This is only a few lines of code, and I’ll try seeing what happens with people and this one, if nothing big is going on, then I’ll release the source code for public.

Block All Contacts Plugin
This code isn’t that big either, I think it’s best to release the source to the public if nobody wants to add more features to this one.
Well, basically it lets you block and unblock with one “/” command or by pressing the configure button in MsgPlus! Plugins options screen.
This is intended to be used together with StuffPlug’s “Talk to Blocked Contacts” feature, with this plugin and StuffPlug, you can log in appearing offline, and then activate the “Block All Contacts” plugin. Now you can set your status to online and talk to all your friends while nobody can see you online, since you blocked them. This is some sort of a “Fake Invisible Mode”, though it isn’t anyway, but some people like to see it that way.

Media Controller On Ad Space
I think this one had a great potential, though Juzzi, continued this project with his own code.
Juzzi’s version have greater chance of customization etc. but this plugin can get that as well. Though I’m using another method here than Juzzi does, it still works just as smoothly.
Basically this is a replacement for the Advertisement bar on your Messenger, this plugin adds a Winamp Controller instead of the Ad, well only in theory, it basically just adds this controller On-Top of the ad.
I don’t know if anybody wants to continue this project since Juzzi’s version is out, though his haven’t really been updated much lately.. :P (Note to Juzzi! Get your ass working with that one!! :))
This plugin has many future features, such as Note-Taker, “Fake-Convo” that will let users enter MsgPlus Plugins commands, More Media Players support, statistics on some stuff (CPU, Online contacts, number of open conversation) anything is possible, RSS Reader/Feeder, everything!

Tabs N’ Msgr!
This plugin doesn’t have a forum thread yet, since it has never been released. I have talked about it a few times. This plugin is what was former known as my “Tabbed MSN”.
This plugin was really ready for a Beta release, but I wanted to stretch it.
I finished (And it almost works perfects, a few flaws here and there) all the part of “Tabbing Multi Contact lists”. I also started on the Tab Convo part, I was working really hard on this plugin just before summer time, then summer came up, and I lost much of my spare time. So I couldn’t really spend much time on this. Patchou then began announcing Tabbed Convo in MsgPlus!, and I knew it was over for this plugin, since I had no chance of finishing it because I didn’t have time to code on it. Well, time passed by and Patchou never released Tabbed Convo, I started thinking about reawaken this plugin, but just as I thought I was going to start again, Patchou release Tabbed Convo, and since then, this plugin has just been lying there.
Some nice code in it, and it would have had great potentiality. But it isn’t much worth anymore, Patchou announced a really good Tabbed Convo implementation, and rumours (are they confirmed?) are said that Messenger now supports up to 600 contacts, so this plugin doesn’t really have much to say anymore, besides those few people that run multiple Messengers aka. Polygamy Messengers. (NB. This plugin does not have Polygamy patch in it!)

Counter In Nickname
This is my plugin that adds a counter in your nickname. This counter can count forward(Count down) to a specific date and/or time. It also has the option to days since a specific event (Count Up), it features a nice interface, and it works very nice. It can show, Years, Days, Hours, Minutes and Seconds to the event. This plugin was released more than a half a year ago, and now Tobiaz is making a plugin that does the same. This source code is intended for Tobiaz if he wants it, and continues on this project instead of creating something from scratch that already has been built. If he doesn’t want to take it, anyone else is up for it?
This plugin had really good feedback, and is somewhat finished as it is.
Though I’ve got some nice ideas I would like to see get implemented. When a count down has reached 0, it should be able to start the next Count Down/Up event, or set the nickname to a static nickname. Also adding support for PSM would be a great idea.
The only bug right now, is that it is supposed to be per user settings, and it is, though the problem is that the settings/data is loaded when the plugin is loaded, but if a user logs off, and another user logs in, he gets the same settings, fixing this bug shouldn’t be much of problem :P.

And last but not least Shortcut Plugin
This plugin enables users to create windows based shortcuts (.lnk), that does some actions to your messenger, such as changing status, changing your nickname, and lots more. It can also “watch” a text based file, and execute actions on this. It also features a Remote Socket control connection, that enables the users to control their Messenger from another location, all you need is to connect to your home IP and enter username and password and you are able to control your messenger as if you were there (Though, you cannot read messages send by other contacts, but you can send messages to them).
This plugin has a big source code, with lots of code.
The future for this plugin could be: more actions, better GUI (because the current one stinks!), maybe a bit more customization, etc.
I really hope a really serious developer would take their time getting more out of this plugin!
BUT, as of now, I am still not sure whether to give out the source code of this one, or not. I might decide that I keep this one for my self, and then some time when I have more time on my hands continue this project my self. But if you think you should be the one to continue this one, go for it! :)

I think this was it for now :P….
Please notice that the source code for these plugins never was intended to be released, so therefore the source is not documented at all. I might just spent a few minutes adding some comments and description of the code before sending them. Some of the source codes are partly bad written, because they were never intended to be released, and some of them are only testing and trashing experiments that went a step further.
I hope I didn’t’ forget anything… :)
Have a nice day everybody and I hope I’ll get a few good responds on this one!

Best Regards
(CyBeRDuDe)
11-09-2005 08:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Anybody wants to take over my projects?
I do I do!

I would like the tabbed msn one please. I seriously would like to continue on that one. The other ones Im not so interested in

edit: the media on add space also is quite interesting;)

I have not made plugins yet because I never had any ideas but if I get the source I will start work on it right away.

This post was edited on 11-09-2005 at 08:42 PM by Lou.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
11-09-2005 08:39 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
I do I do!
no offence, but according to recent posts by you, you do not sound like a skilled coder, and certainely not good for someone to take over these projects... ¬¬
11-09-2005 08:42 PM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
quote:
I do I do!
no offence, but according to recent posts by you, you do not sound like a skilled coder, and certainely not good for someone to take over these projects... ¬¬
tbh I would be able to continue this project. I have some experience in vb even though I have not proved it yet:P

and I intend to stop posting spam regularly...proof, I edited my post:)
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
11-09-2005 08:43 PM
J-Thread

– / Male / –
First off all, I think it's a good decission to let anybody else continue the plugins. I know how it is to have too less time. In fact, 60% of the code I program is "almost done", but then I stop because I've got another new project. So I've got a lot of unfinished code too...

I don't have that much time either, but I'm a little bit interested in the "Counter in Nickname" code. As you might know I'm currently developing NickChange Plugin (see my signature) and the 2 plugins may stick together to 1 new / other plugin. I've done a lot of VB6 so I do know it, and I'm even thinking of reprogramming NickChange in VB6. It isn't that difficult to do, and at least I can get that working in msn! I'm talking about this here and not by PM because I want it discuss in public. I know Tobiaz is making such a plugin too, but to be honest, I didn't really like his concept (I must admit I've never installed your plugin...). I think there are better ways to implement it...

But well as I said before, I haven't got that much time either so it's difficult to choose what to do..
11-09-2005 08:48 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
quote:
quote:
I do I do!
tbh I would be able to continue this project. I have some experience in vb even though I have not proved it yet:P

and I intend to stop posting spam regularly...proof, I edited my post:)
what does spam have to do with this? i was talking about the posts you made about visual basic, question threads, etc etc. (example thread)

anyway, it's up to (Cyberdude), and if he wants my advice, don't waste the one source code on a vb novice

(once again, to prove my statement... skilled vb coders will understand what i mean)
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs over msn
[21:53:25] £0Ù_µÅߧ™ says:
lol Ive mad web browsers, and a few other things

This post was edited on 11-09-2005 at 08:54 PM by Millenium_edition.
11-09-2005 08:48 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Anybody wants to take over my projects?
quote:
quote:
I do I do!
I might not be as skilled as some other are, but I know I can do a litle... And I did never say I need skilled coders!!!! I said I need serious coders, meaning they want the source for some reason other than just to have it!... This is chance for all the people out there to get hold on some source and to continue where I let go, or create their from own from scratch based on what I have created...
The best example is Tobiaz Holiday counter, now I haven't tried that one yet, but you gotta admit that Counter in Nickname is probably the best of my releases yet, even if it isn't such a hard thing to do. But now Tobiaz is creating the exact same things, and running into the exact same problems I had, why should he spent time on creating something that is already there, when he might continue where others let go?... If he wants to create it from scratch, then that's okay, but if he wants to continue from where I left, then he is welcome... Nothing more, nothing less....
If anybody is against this, then please go ahead post that.. And I'll remove the thread again...
This was just for the sake of being a community member, there are loads of people constantly asking how they can create a plugin etc.. And some people have some good ideas, also for the current plugins, but I just don't have time to spent on these plugins anymore... Therefore I'm trying to get something out of the moment.. I might as well just delete all the sources from my computer and forget about all of them...?

quote:
anyway, it's up to (Cyberdude), and if he wants my advice, don't waste the one source code on a vb novice

(once again, to prove my statement... skilled vb coders will understand what i mean)

Well.. See this is why I did this.. For the novices, for the plugin developers out there.. For everybody... If somebody doesn't like it, fair.. if some does, fair... That's it..

Yes, web browsers using Microsoft Internet Controls is one of the first things you learn...

This post was edited on 11-09-2005 at 09:04 PM by (CyBeRDuDe).
11-09-2005 08:57 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
I might not be as skilled as some other are, but I know I can do a litle... And I did never say I need skilled coders!!!! I said I need serious coders, meaning they want the source for some reason other than just to have it!... This is chance for all the people out there to get hold on some source and to continue where I let go, or create their from own from scratch based on what I have created...
The best example is Tobiaz Holiday counter, now I haven't tried that one yet, but you gotta admit that Counter in Nickname is probably the best of my releases yet, even if it isn't such a hard thing to do. But now Tobiaz is creating the exact same things, and running into the exact same problems I had, why should he spent time on creating something that is already there, when he might continue where others let go?... If he wants to create it from scratch, then that's okay, but if he wants to continue from where I left, then he is welcome... Nothing more, nothing less....
If anybody is against this, then please go ahead post that.. And I'll remove the thread again...
This was just for the sake of being a community member, there are loads of people constantly asking how they can create a plugin etc.. And some people have some good ideas, also for the current plugins, but I just don't have time to spent on these plugins anymore... Therefore I'm trying to get something out of the moment.. I might as well just delete all the sources from my computer and forget about all of them...?
awww. yet another waste. might as well make your things fully open sourced then.
11-09-2005 09:01 PM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
awww. yet another waste. might as well make your things fully open sourced then.
you fail.

[/offtopic]
I am maybe not a very expierienced vb coder but if I get this source I will learn alot. This is an opportunity for me and I wish that I can get a chance at it. An equal chance to everyone else. No matter who they are.
Messenger Stuff Forums
11-09-2005 09:03 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Anybody wants to take over my projects?
quote:
That was also my original thought!
But, then in 2 days we would see 10 of the same plugins released because some non-serious n00b releases the same plugin with different names etc. Then I would get dissed because the forum would be spammed with 1000 questions on what this and this does in the code, and why they can't run the code on their machine or anything!... This is why I decide to keep it closer to me, and have better contact with the others, this way I can talk to them if there is something they don't understand, I can give some tips, they can ask me why the source doesn't run on the machine etc... I'll have private contact with them...
I can also make it open source, but after a maksimum of 2 days would I see lots of angry posts from community users that is annoyed by all the questions of my lousy undocumented code!... We wouldn't want that neither do we?...

quote:
Originally posted by J-Thread

I don't have that much time either, but I'm a little bit interested in the "Counter in Nickname" code. As you might know I'm currently developing NickChange Plugin (see my signature) and the 2 plugins may stick together to 1 new / other plugin. I've done a lot of VB6 so I do know it, and I'm even thinking of reprogramming NickChange in VB6. It isn't that difficult to do, and at least I can get that working in msn! I'm talking about this here and not by PM because I want it discuss in public. I know Tobiaz is making such a plugin too, but to be honest, I didn't really like his concept (I must admit I've never installed your plugin...). I think there are better ways to implement it...

But well as I said before, I haven't got that much time either so it's difficult to choose what to do..
:).. I'll keep that i mind.. Forgot you were doing one as well...

This post was edited on 11-09-2005 at 09:14 PM by (CyBeRDuDe).
11-09-2005 09:10 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: