What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Anybody wants to take over my projects?

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Anybody wants to take over my projects?
Author: Message:
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Anybody wants to take over my projects?
Maybe give the soruce advaluble to everyone so they can learn. I would love the sorce code to some of your projects :)
11-10-2005 04:06 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
What would you do with block all?.. What is your intention with it?... What would the future for that plugin look like?.. Give me some ideas, something you would like it to have.. Be able to do... This way I can better evaluate what persons should have the source... ...
block multiple people at once would be good. Block all but when it unblocks all to remember who was blocked before block all, to keep them blocked.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
11-10-2005 04:58 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Anybody wants to take over my projects?
quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
Maybe give the soruce advaluble to everyone so they can learn. I would love the sorce code to some of your projects :)
Well.. Hmm.. Thought about that... But as I stated to M_E in one of the earlier posts I decided to not do this...
If I did this, 100's of "n00bs" would spam the forum with questions regarding my code.. And I wouldn't have time to deal with that, and you wouldn't want the forum spammed up like that.. Other "n00bs" might just change the creator name and rerelease it, just to show off to friends... Or maybe make a small change, and we would suddenly have 100's different versions of the same plugin.. This would be a mess and a disaster... I am very much for the idea of Open Source, but in this community I think it is better to keep it closed, and hand it over to only 1 person, this way I can keep in touch with that one person and he can ask me questions about the code and rerelease it in his own name with changes...
This is just not the place to release open source projects...
I know that you are a serious member, but I don't know how well you program or what your "level" is... I can hand over 1 of the projects if you are really interessed, and is serious about continuing it... I would help you through it, and tell about the already existing code... This would also be a great help for you.. But most important is that you have at least a decent skill, and is serious about making something out if it... :)

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
block multiple people at once would be good. Block all but when it unblocks all to remember who was blocked before block all, to keep them blocked.
Hmm.. What do you mean by "block multiple people at once"?....
The next suggestion is really what I wanted it to feature.. It was an idea already intended and suggested in the thread.. But yes.. That is an excellent idea... Do you have any idea of how you would do that?... I don't need code examples, I would just like to know a litle more about your thoughts on this... :)
11-10-2005 07:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
well I forget exactly what I meant by the first one..I was tired when I wrote it..lol

As for the second idea, everytime you block a contact, it would put the contacts email address in a text file. When you block all contacts it wouldn't put the names in the text file. When you unblock all contacts the plugin would read the text file and then according to the email addresses stated there, would keep them blocked.

Of course, when you manually unblock a contact that you blocked without the plugin, it would remove his/her email address from the text file.

Thats my idea.
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
11-11-2005 03:39 PM
DJKAL

33 / Male / –
i would  LOVE!!!! to take over a project, any1 i dont care!:) but nothing toooo hard! plllsss let me! :)

{Edit was just typing corrections:P}

This post was edited on 11-15-2005 at 05:32 PM by DJKAL.
"You don't sleep, you defragment!"
11-11-2005 09:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
(CyBeRDuDe) - I have to give you a big thanks from the whole community. You're whats called a team player hehe. I hope whoever gets your projects just makes them even bigger. Loved the counter.

I have time; Its just that I currently dont know any languages (expect Pascal but It would be difficult to translate it from VB, plus it would be a memory hog)
11-14-2005 10:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
(CyBeRDuDe) - I have to give you a big thanks from the whole community. You're whats called a team player hehe. I hope whoever gets your projects just makes them even bigger. Loved the counter.

I msut agree, big thanks for all the community. Once you release the source [even if I don't get any, in fact I would like to be removed because right now, my time is being limited alot more than the first time I posted that] these projects will all be revived and the plus worl will be back in even more power than before!
Messenger Stuff Forums
11-16-2005 01:12 AM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Anybody wants to take over my projects?
quote:

I have time; Its just that I currently dont know any languages (expect Pascal but It would be difficult to translate it from VB, plus it would be a memory hog)
Thanks.. :)... Well, if you decided to try out VB, you are welcome to contact me for one of the sources....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay guys, this doesn't seem to go as well as first thought...
Until now i've only found 1! serious dude that wants to continue one of my projects, his username is Death001, he has been on the forum for a while, but hasn't posted much, he seems very serious, though he admit that he might not be the best coder but at least he has a bit of experience, he seems to be very trustworthy.... The plugin he signed up is Media Controller on Ad Space... So, if no one else signs up for this one during the next 5 days I'll give him the source...
There haven't been many serious requests on Counter In Nickname, so what is going on right now, is that I keep it my self, maybe code on if I get some time, but else J-Thread will be able to take it from January, he would now but haven't got any time until January...
Everybody is still able to sign up for Counter In Nickname, as it is still available to you, but if nothing happens then J-Thread will get the code in January... :)
This is sort of the only serious things that has happend until now... So, people!, you are free to sign up for any of them yet, but be serious!!!!!
11-16-2005 07:51 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Death001

the end of the world is coming

33 / Male / –
RE: RE: Anybody wants to take over my projects?
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
quote:

Thanks.. :)... Well, if you decided to try out VB, you are welcome to contact me for one of the sources....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay guys, this doesn't seem to go as well as first thought...
Until now i've only found 1! serious dude that wants to continue one of my projects, his username is Death001, he has been on the forum for a while, but hasn't posted much, he seems very serious, though he admit that he might not be the best coder but at least he has a bit of experience, he seems to be very trustworthy.... The plugin he signed up is Media Controller on Ad Space... So, if no one else signs up for this one during the next 5 days I'll give him the source...
There haven't been many serious requests on Counter In Nickname, so what is going on right now, is that I keep it my self, maybe code on if I get some time, but else J-Thread will be able to take it from January, he would now but haven't got any time until January...
Everybody is still able to sign up for Counter In Nickname, as it is still available to you, but if nothing happens then J-Thread will get the code in January... :)
This is sort of the only serious things that has happend until now... So, people!, you are free to sign up for any of them yet, but be serious!!!!!

:) sounds like a good plan to me

11-17-2005 06:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: