What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Pages: (6): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Author: Message:
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
quote:
Originally posted by Rubber Stamp
is this Radcliff's last HP moviie??

He said in an interview that he plans on doing all the films.

And OotP has been announced and the trio + malfoy are still the same people. David Yates is the director, and I think he is a very good director, he made an awesome TV drama called Sex Traffic which was beautifully directed

quote:
Originally posted by azn angel
the first movie [sucked] too..

the first and second movies, I admit did suck, the directors played it safe and didn't use their imagination at all, which, although it made it true to the book, it didn't really make it imaginative.

The third movie i thaught was very good, apart from the weak ending, the director took a gamble and used his imagination creatively which made for a very good film. The fade outs to the scene changed were genious.

The fourth movie has a new director, a british one. Apparantly he captures the essense of british schools perfectly. From what i have seen, although a lot of it doesn't look like what i imagined it to be, will still be good. With a book everyone's imagintion produces different things, with a film we are all watching the director's interpretation, and so in that case, I think it is good to have a director that takes risks.

quote:
Originally posted by lordy16
i think the order of the pheoix was the best book

I thaugt GoF was the best book, PoA was very good to, but OotP let me down, there were way to many sub-plots, like the thing wiht that stupid giant gwarp, that pissed me off. Also, JKR can't write love novels, and she rushed in a lot of stuff to set-up the romance for book 6. And I didn't like the fact that things were explained for people who hadn't read the previous 4 books, HBP didn't do that and it made the story flow a lot better.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
11-12-2005 11:28 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Tasha

31 / Female / Flag
RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Damnit, i'll have to buy it on DVD after christmas. And I haven't even seen the third movie. T_T I'm really looking forward to all of it, from the trailers it looks great.

I reckon the Prisoner of Azkaban was by far the best book. I really liked OotP as well. I didn't actually like GoF that much, some parts really annoyed me. HBP was really good, except for certain parts. CoS was a bit annoying in parts too. But I reckon the first and third books were the best.
www.mycutelobster.co.uk
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry,
but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
11-12-2005 12:34 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Negro_Joe

Go!Go!Go!

34 / Male / –
There not getting rid of daniel radcliffe, all the actors are the right ages...

This is my favourite book, and the film looks really good...:P

I want to see it as soon as possible...:)

[Image: sinavatar4ie.jpg]

11-12-2005 01:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor

I can't see why they would get rid of Daniel Radcliffe half way through, he's the most recognised actor, and if they change it, it would completely change everything...

It only takes 1 year to do each film anyway, so they age about right, they aren't getting too old... They're 16 aren't they...

I think i read in the newspaper Daniel didnt want to do anymore soon cos he wants to move on to different things, but its really strange he would leave midway through the movies cos if you change 'harry' then you might end up hating the movies. tbh they should have put 'to complete all harry potter movies' in his contract lol. Ill try to dig out the article to see if i was right cos saralk says different :P

Personally i'd hate being him in other movies cos people are only gonna recognise him as the guy who played Harry Potter...

This post was edited on 11-12-2005 at 01:17 PM by mwe99.
11-12-2005 01:15 PM
emit
Disabled Account

I'll probably see it on the 17th November.

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
And OotP has been announced and the trio + malfoy are still the same people. David Yates is the director, and I think he is a very good director, he made an awesome TV drama called Sex Traffic which was beautifully directed

Was that the one about smuggling prostitutes from Eastern Europe on Channel 4?

This post was edited on 11-12-2005 at 02:01 PM by emit.
11-12-2005 01:58 PM
Negro_Joe

Go!Go!Go!

34 / Male / –
[
quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
I think i read in the newspaper Daniel didnt want to do anymore soon cos he wants to move on to different things, but its really strange he would leave midway through the movies cos if you change 'harry' then you might end up hating the movies. tbh they should have put 'to complete all harry potter movies' in his contract lol.

he probably didnt want to be typecast as harry potter, i can understand that, but i dont like the idea of him leaving..:(

[Image: sinavatar4ie.jpg]

11-12-2005 02:29 PM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
quote:
Originally posted by Time
I'll probably see it on the 17th November.

quote:
Originally posted by saralk

Was that the one about smuggling prostitutes from Eastern Europe on Channel 4?

yes
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
11-12-2005 03:00 PM
emit
Disabled Account

That show was awesomely well made, if not ever so slightly controversial and... well, shocking.
11-12-2005 03:56 PM
Facta

...come se sia l'ultima volta....

34 / – / –
Just booked 9 tickets :o
11-12-2005 04:54 PM
lizard.boy
Veteran Member

33 / Male / Flag
i wouldnt really like it if they replaced the actors. its just not the same. you'll start having people who like the new actors better but its just not the same, and since this is a big series youd get debaits and rumors over whos the new ___ just like they did with james bond.
personally i think it sucked that they had to get a new dumbledor, he just isnt the same as the first one.
11-12-2005 05:03 PM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: