What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Looking for a person fluent in both French and English for some volunteer translating

Looking for a person fluent in both French and English for some volunteer translating
Author: Message:
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. Looking for a person fluent in both French and English for some volunteer translating
I don't think I should explain very much on this public forum, but please PM, e-mail or MSN me if you're interested. They're all on my profile.

On another site that I help run, I am having trouble with a moderator who is removing too many comments that should not be. The problem is, most of them are French, and I am not very fluent. A online translator would not be helpful, as all of the accented characters have been replaced with funny symbols, a problem with the database that holds them.

Just a fore-warning, the user in question has about 2000 comments averaging 1-2 sentances each that need to be looked over, but time is not a major factor.
The number can be broken over a number of people, if more than one person can help.

Any help would be appreciated.

This post was edited on 12-01-2005 at 07:11 PM by MeEtc.
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
12-01-2005 07:11 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
RE: Looking for a person fluent in both French and English for some volunteer translating
quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
I don't think I should explain very much on this public forum, but please PM, e-mail or MSN me if you're interested. They're all on my profile.

On another site that I help run, I am having trouble with a moderator who is removing too many comments that should not be. The problem is, most of them are French, and I am not very fluent. A online translator would not be helpful, as all of the accented characters have been replaced with funny symbols, a problem with the database that holds them.

Just a fore-warning, the user in question has about 2000 comments averaging 1-2 sentances each that need to be looked over, but time is not a major factor.
The number can be broken over a number of people, if more than one person can help.

Any help would be appreciated.

I might be able to help. I'm not fluent, but I should be able to make out the rough meaning of most of them.
[Image: 7.png]
12-02-2005 01:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Dragular

New account, Old Member.

– / Male / –
RE: Looking for a person fluent in both French and English for some volunteer transla
My first language is english, but i've always went to french school. I learned to spell english on my own. :) I'm your man. I'm extreamly fluent in both. (No accent at all in either. Not that it matters.) Yet if this becomes excessively boring...

This post was edited on 12-02-2005 at 01:33 AM by Dragular.
[Image: dralex.png]
12-02-2005 01:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: