What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » How you came to be on the forum...

Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 » Last »
How you came to be on the forum...
Author: Message:
pollolibredegrasa

formerly fatfreechicken

35 / Male / Flag
RE: How you came to be on the forum...
I also had Plus! since version 2, but never knew about the forums until about September last year and at first I just read the threads etc.

Then I registered when I lost all the sounds in my library to ask about how to re-install them (thread here) and after the topic came back up Cookie got in contact with me through PM & email with regards to the Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer, and I kinda decided to stay :P
;p

[Image: chickennana.gif] Vaccy is my thin twin! [Image: chickennana.gif]
12-08-2005 06:00 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Negro_Joe

Go!Go!Go!

34 / Male / –
Traxor...:D

oh and james...<3

[Image: sinavatar4ie.jpg]

12-08-2005 06:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I started with Messenger Plus! a while ago, well 3.25, then i saw these forums after udating to 7.0 public beta and finding a plus beta in a thead on these forums. Later I remembered the thread to download this beta again and this time i stuck around :)
12-08-2005 06:59 PM
SikStyles

DeathCult

34 / Male / Flag
I had a question, I got the answer very quickly, and then i decided to stay. Nothing much to it, im pretty sure how most of the people got here who have not yet replied to this thread, they just had a question and they were suggested to come on this forum and ask.
You're still breathing? Why?
Get off the cross, the wood is needed.
[Image: userbar.jpg]

12-08-2005 08:18 PM
hmaster

33 / Male / Flag
I think somebody linked to here from the mess.be forums for an answer to something. I signed up after I downloaded Plus! and then I only checked certain topics or answered rarely. Only recently Ive become a more "regular" member.

This post was edited on 12-08-2005 at 09:21 PM by hmaster.
[Image: sig.png]
12-08-2005 09:20 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Elessar

33 / Male / –
Well I was refered to this forum by TD, whom many of you would know as a frequent poster hear at the forum. He repeately encouraged me to post on the forums, even after I had joined and posted only twice and then left the forum unnoticed for a while.
Since then TD has been updating me with information regarding the forums and frequently requesting that I post.
It is thanks to his encouragement that I am on this forum.
12-09-2005 07:30 AM
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
I used to use one of the really old versions like 1.42 i registered on the old xorbit forums as "darktempler83" and posted there a few times then kinda forgot about it all.
a while later i went back to see if there was an update and found a new forum and people discussing plus 2 so i joined up as "darktempler83" again though i didnt post much ... then i just forgot about it again. then i forgot my password and joined as -dt- then started becoming more active.....
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
12-09-2005 07:45 AM
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
Interesting stories, guys :happy:

* Weyzza forecasts this thread is going to be sticky.
What..? This is a part of forums history from every member.

I have been using Plus! since January 2003 not long after my friend sent me dodgy characters.
I thought I was hacked or something, but it turned out to be a sound command.
The next thing I know, he bombarded me with hundreds of /skiss'es.
I recommended Plus! for another guy, and he bombarded me with thousands of /skiss'es :dodgy:
It looks like the built-in sounds are not as hot as in the past :p

Then, one day, I was bored at school. I checked Plus!'s website and read Patchou was looking for suggestions for the next release at that time.

So... there came my first post.
Fortunately I didn't post my first post in T&T :p

Yep, that's my first post: a suggestion for Plus! which coincidentally became reality since many people wanted it too.

I've been here for more than 2 years and just hit Posting Freak milestone couple months ago, because I'm not a spammer :p
Ban count: nil.
Registered 7636 days, 8 hours, 59 minutes, 37 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

12-09-2005 09:29 AM
~INVASION~
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
ive been using plus! for a while now, had it back on my windows 95 with msn messenger like 4 or 5. heard from a bunch of ppl to get this new program, it can change the color of my name! I was like wow so i got it, played around with it and loved it!, that was version 2. I had no idea how to use the colour in my name :P.

The reason i joined was because of a skin i used, i was really into skinning and moding msn, the skin gave me a tab with the plus! logo so i was like, sweet! seen it and it was just a bunch of posts of random topics, i had no idea wat a forum even was. so i joined up under the name HALFWAY CROOKS, http://shoutbox.menthix.net/member.php?action=profile&uid=30714 i forgot the password to it and forgot about the forums. Came back 2 months later probably because i was modding msn.
From these forums ive learned tons! sooo much. I owe this forum for introducing me to a side of the internet i had no idea even existed, my first post is actually gone, vanished from the boards. When i first registered i noticed a few ppl who stood out, rebelsean being the biggest, i was confused when he got banned because he seemed like an awesome guy, but spamming didnt pay off and i quickly realised that. I have never been baned because ive seen what others do and dont do what they do. Some other ppl that stood out was booghost, slimshady, bach_m(i almost got my first invite to gmail from him), traxor and cookie. O and WDZ(obviousely) During my time here ive been a plus! beta tester spng beta tester and have made soooo much friends. Traxor being the first (man he was a crazy kid when i first met him):P

yep thats my history here. I doubt anybody read it, but if you did thx for taking the time because i took the time to read yours :)
{WindowsLive Butterfly ~ 2006 - 2009}
12-09-2005 10:57 AM
Mippo
Elite Member

MJBZ!

33 / Male / –
I came here to report some dodgy mistake in the Dutch translation, and I still know exactly what it was. :P

They translated "Page" (to send a message to a pager) to the wrong meaning, they made it say page (of a book, etc)... So I came here and reported that in the Translation forums. I remember that in my first days of this forum, I only hung around the Translation forums! Later I volunteered to actually join in the Dutch translation team, but that went horribly wrong (not my fault, btw :chrongue:). Then I decided to go look in all the other forums, and saw that there was a lot of stuff going on. That's where the spam begun. :banana:
12-10-2005 08:15 AM
Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: