What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Messenger Plus! 3.62

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
Messenger Plus! 3.62
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.62
quote:
Originally posted by fernandosk8
why Patchou had that add a sponsor in the software?
It is there to keep Messenger Plus! free. Patchou works on Messenger Plus! almost 24/7; it is his fulltime job (in fact, he works more hours on Plus! than you would work in your company).

It isn't programmed by magical little gnomes who never need to eat, sleep or whatever, but by a human being who needs an income also. Not to mention the other costs which are involved like the sound server, the webpage hosting, etc. etc. etc.

This post was edited on 12-23-2005 at 04:26 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-23-2005 04:24 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
It isn't programmed by by magical little gnomes who never need to eat, sleep or whatever,
:lol:

quote:
quote:
why Patchou had that add a sponsor in the software?
It is there to keep Messenger Plus! free. Patchou works on Messenger Plus! 24/7 so to speak; it is his fulltime job!

It isn't programmed by by magical little gnomes who never need to eat, sleep or whatever, but by a human being who needs an income also. Not to mention the other costs which are involved like the sound server, the webpage hosting, etc. etc. etc.
tbh this is getting old. I think we should make a sticky with all FAQ's. And imo you are most qualified to make it (tho i guess we could pitch in) And it would need to be locked anyways with a pm cookie for more link or something 8-) (wait elites arent allowed to post in closed threads :sad: ... meh you'll figure it out :P)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
12-23-2005 04:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
tbh this is getting old
I couldn't agree more. With all these little trolls popping up every once in a while, from very dodgy sites... :dodgy:

quote:
I think we should make a sticky with all FAQ's.
Someone could polish out Absorbation's FAQ... :tongue:

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

12-23-2005 04:46 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.62
quote:
Originally posted by Leo
quote:
tbh this is getting old
I couldn't agree more. With all these little trolls popping up every once in a while, from very dodgy sites... :dodgy:
They are not all trolls.

Many people, unfortunatly, don't know such things and rightfully wonder about them (and believe everything they read without any question, instead of researching stuff themselfs or actually get their info from the source).

They become trolls if they keep on insisting and spreading biased untrue stuff without doing any proper investigation themselfs.

If they dismiss the information given by the people who actually program it, or actually know how it is made or have the knowledge how programs work under the hood or whatever, and instead use reports from other people (who again got their info from other people, who are biased and get their info from yet another site, etc etc) to base their "info" on, then yes, they are trolls...

This post was edited on 12-23-2005 at 04:56 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-23-2005 04:50 PM
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
They are not all trolls. Many people unfortunatly don't know such things and rightfully wonder about them (and believe everything they read without any question, instead of researching stuff themselfs or actually get their info from the source).
I meant specifically users like this one, that has been posting on the Spanish forums before, about this matter, and comes from a very dodgy forum which has a biased report against MP! (with wrong and misleading English->Spanish translations, btw). It's just users who only want to fight and argue with everyone, despite being proven wrong (trolls :p).

I know there are users that truly want help and are willing to be helped, and thus I've never been one to treat them wrong.

This post was edited on 12-23-2005 at 04:57 PM by L. Coyote.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

12-23-2005 04:55 PM
fernandosk8

THE BEST ONE

35 / Male / –
quote:
It is there to keep Messenger Plus! free. Patchou works on Messenger Plus! almost 24/7; it is his fulltime job (in fact, he works more hours on Plus! than you would work in your company).

It isn't programmed by magical little gnomes who never need to eat, sleep or whatever, but by a human being who needs an income also. Not to mention the other costs which are involved like the sound server, the webpage hosting, etc. etc. etc.

ok, agrees...but, why he had that transform the sponsor in a malware?? is it the only way to make money??

12-23-2005 05:25 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
ok, agrees...but, why he had that transform the sponsor in a malware?? is it the only way to make money??
Would you prefer paying for Messenger Plus! or do you want spyware like other programmers sneakily put into their socalled freeware?

It's adware and there's nothing sneaky inside it..it's optional (and nobody can overlook or accidently install the sponsor, providing they read, nothing is checked by default unlike in other programs)..what more can you ask for?

So unless you prefer the above mentioned, this is the only way.

There is NO malware or spyware in Plus!

Malware definition:
"Malware" is short for 'malicious software' and is usually used as a catch-all term to refer to any software which causes damage to a single computer, server, or computer network.

“Malicious software”; a generic term covering a range of software programs and types of programs designed to attack, degrade or prevent the intended use of an ICT or network. Types of malware can include viruses, worms, Trojans, malicious active content and denial of service attacks. In the case of invasion of privacy for the purposes of fraud or the theft of identity, software that passively observes the use of a computer is also malware (“spyware”).

Spyware definition:
Any software that covertly gathers user information through the user's Internet connection without his or her knowledge, usually for advertising purposes. Spyware applications are typically bundled as a hidden component of freeware or shareware programs that can be downloaded from the Internet. Once installed, the spyware monitors user activity on the Internet and transmits that information in the background to someone else. ...

Adware definition:
Typically, adware components install alongside a shareware or freeware application. These advertisements create revenue for the software developer and are provided with initial consent from the user. Adware displays Web-based advertisements through pop-up windows or through an advertising banner that appears within a program's interface.

This post was edited on 12-23-2005 at 06:18 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
12-23-2005 05:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
Pay patchou a 100000000 dollars for him to make a special version without the sponsor.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
12-23-2005 06:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Max

34 / Male / –
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.62
quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
Pay patchou a 100000000 dollars for him to make a special version without the sponsor.

If I ever win the lottery, I am donating 1 million to the Messenger Plus! fund. ;)
12-23-2005 07:00 PM
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Patches
If I ever win the lottery, I am donating 1 million to the Messenger Plus! fund. ;)

dont, he will retire.
12-23-2005 07:07 PM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: