What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Messenger Plus! 3.62

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 » Last »
Messenger Plus! 3.62
Author: Message:
Lt.Col.DraGon

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.62
Good Job Patchou. Keep up the good work (y)

As for Fernando.. PM me in spanish of what your issue is.. I speak fluent spanish...
12-21-2005 10:10 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.62
quote:
Originally posted by fernandosk8
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
It is extremely clear in the setup what the sponsor will do.
really??, where one says that the patrocinador is malware,
It is adware, not malware. Adware isn't nessecairly malware. The term "malware" is used by people to call things they don't like and as such is a very, and I mean very, subjective term, as were adware, spyware, virus, trojan, etc are not; they have fixed and clear definitions...
quote:
that will seize of your pagina of beginning
EULA, read it...
quote:
that will secretly send information to C2 Media
Nothing will be send "secretly" at all.
quote:
that it adds to a bar search and a bar of tools that show announcements
EULA, read it...
quote:
that they have access to the URLs that we visited and show to different pages which we solicitd
Your browsing behaviour is NOT monitored, only your use of that added search bar is monitored (of course).
quote:
that it adds icons and undesirable favorites
EULA, read it...
quote:
and many of their archives are recognized by main antivirus (Nod32, BitDefender, Kespersky, Norton, AVG, Antivir, Avira, DrWeb, Fortines, McAfee, Panda, TheHacker, VBA32, etc…) like trojan horse (Swizzor), adware or spyware (Lop, AdSpy).
The sponsor is ONLY reconized by SOME minor anti-spyware tools. Reasons behind it is that those tools do NOT make a difference between all the DIFFERENT sponsor packages that exist!!! The sponsor package included in Plus! is a VERY minimized and especially stripped down version of the least intrusive sponsor package of C2Media. Even C2Media (aka lop) has different levels of "sponsors". You can even research this yourself (instead of proclaiming heresay)...
quote:
Originally posted by fernandosk8but many users end up installing it without wishing it (is well by ignorance or not to read)
The blame is NOT upon Plus! for those people not bothering to read something before they install something. Sorry to say this, but it is their own fault if they install something WITHOUT reading something. Yes, accidents do happen, but there is a massive major difference between an 'accidental install' (which can indeed be annoying, but that is why you can very easly uninstall the sponsor) and an install because somebody simply didn't bother to read something or somebody was simply to lazy to read something. And this isn't even 'tricking' people into something, as it is very clearly shown what the two options are, and above all NOTHING is selected by default.

The story would be different if there wasn't any warning at all (this is what the definition of spyware is). But since it is very clearly said what is being installed and what it will do(!), this can NOT be classified as spyware at all! And the user DOES HAVE the possebility to opt out before anything is installed... ALWAYS! Of course, he needs to read what is being installed.

In real life you don't sign a contract either before reading what the contract is about!!!! This is exactly the same for any software; it always has been, and it always will (And the sponsor/EULA, in case of Plus!, doesn't even have a 'fine print' at all, as a real life contract could have.)

You don't like the sponsor, good, fine, that's your perfectly good right!! So don't install it (and if you choose to not install it, NOTHING will be installed EVER); NOTHING is forced upon you in ANY way; You can still use Plus! fully without any trace of the sponsor.

quote:
if were extremely clearn the setup what the sponsor will do,  it would explain everything what I say, and of that way the users would know that they face
Again, READ the EULA, that is what it is there for; End User License AGREEMENT. If you tick (TWICE!) the option to install the sponsor, you are supposed to have read and AGREED to the AGREEMENT; "I ACCEPT the terms of the SPONSOR'S AGREEMENT".

And as the screenshot shown in my previous post shows, it is VERY clear and it is VERY clear that you will ALWAYS have the choice to choose it or not. In fact, it is much more clear than many other 'sponsors' you wil find in other programs (yes, even the searchbar and browser 'hijacker' of MSN Messenger itself; which is selected by default and lacks the explaination of what it is and what it will do)....

Conclusion : You have every right in the world to not like the sponsor and people do respect that (in fact some hard-core supporters of Plus! don't like the sponsor either; eg: I don't install the sponsor iether, simply because I do not like even adware. Though I understand the need of it, and as such, I do support Plus! in other ways; but nothing has ever been forced upon me and nothing has ever tricked me into installing something I didn't want (because I read stuff before installing something)). The sponsor is optional, you do not have to install it and the choice is very clear. But above all and whatever your stand-point, don't proclaim and/or spread heresay and generalizations, even if you don't like a thing; stick to the facts instead.

This post was edited on 12-22-2005 at 12:38 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-22-2005 12:17 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
adam.yao

36 / Male / –
If the newest msgplus support wlm 8.0, that is very wonderful.

Tabbed conversation windows and mail Pop are 2 great features!
A Great Plus on Messenger!
12-22-2005 03:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by adam.yao

This version will NOT support WLM on its own. You must wait for Plus Live! (coming 2006) to be released if you want Plus! for WLM
12-22-2005 03:57 AM
adam.yao

36 / Male / –
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.62
quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
quote:
Originally posted by adam.yao

This version will NOT support WLM on its own. You must wait for Plus Live! (coming 2006) to be released if you want Plus! for WLM

(Y)

2006 is on the front of eyes. Waiting is unavoidable and a  little worrying.:)
A Great Plus on Messenger!
12-22-2005 04:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
fernandosk8

THE BEST ONE

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
It is adware, not malware...

The patrocinador is not simple adware or advertising robot, it is not only in charge to make us visualize publicity. It has functions of spyware constantly sending information to C2 Media, has functions of hijacker kidnapping our page of inico and search, adds a bar search and a bar of tools that show announcements, has access to the URLs that we visited and show to different pages which we solicitd, adds to icons and undesirable favorites.

It's a MALWARE (malicious software)

and what happens with people which read the EULA and they do not know what is adware?

if were clear in says what will do the sponsor, one would say that nonsingle will be publicity (adware), but, also that will act as of spyware (sending information to C2 Media), hijacker (kidnapping our page of inico and search), etc.

but, it's ok, do not continue with this ok??...the people who believe, believe... the people who do not believe, does not believe...

i don't want have a bad temper with you and i don't want that you have a bad temper with me, ok??

Patchou had problems with "microsof antispyware" and I have understood that Patchou had problems with Microsoft AntiSpyware a few months ago in which they detected that Messenger Pus! was malware and Patchou had to solve this problem. I don't know more information but, that is what i know...I think patchou is going to solve that problem, right??

...saludos:D

This post was edited on 12-23-2005 at 03:28 AM by fernandosk8.
12-23-2005 03:12 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Patchou had problems with "microsof antispyware" and I have understood that Patchou had problems with Microsoft AntiSpyware a few months ago in which they detected that Messenger Pus! was malware and Patchou had to solve this problem.
No, it was a problem with Microsoft AntiSpyware, not with Messenger Plus!.

Microsoft AntiSpyware was the one who needed to solve the problem because it was Microsoft AntiSpyware which was categorizing Messenger Plus! itself wrongly.

quote:
I don't know more information
ok, but if you don't know more information then don't state untrue things. Stick to facts, not to what you believe or assume...

quote:
but, it's ok, do not continue with this ok??...the people who believe, believe... the people who do not believe, does not believe...
ok, but the thing here is: you believe and assume...

And "believing" or "assuming" is not "knowing".

-------------------

EDIT (I don't want to make another post about it, but...):
quote:
The programs spy or spyware are applications that compile information on a person or organization without their knowledge.
Aye... thus read the EULA which clearly states what the sponsor will do and which you also must agree upon when you install the sponsor. Spyware is not going to give you any notice of what is going to happen, it also doesn't ask for your permission to be installed or not.

This post was edited on 12-23-2005 at 07:45 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-23-2005 03:35 AM
fernandosk8

THE BEST ONE

35 / Male / –
Tongue  RE: Messenger Plus! 3.62
The programs spy or spyware are applications that compile information on a person or organization without their knowledge. The function commonest than has these programs is the one to compile information on the user and to distribute it to advertising companies or other interested organizations.

i don't know if the sponsor do it...because when I knew it, I was not wanted to risk to install it... my opinion is based on another person (a man) whom investigated and he arrived at that conclución.

source: http://www.forospyware.com

i think that is better not to follow with the subject...i'm sorry, I just "dí a conocer"* what I believe

*i don't know how to write "dí a conocer" in english :$

somebody that speaks to Spanish, please translate that :$:$:$:$

This post was edited on 12-23-2005 at 04:00 AM by fernandosk8.
12-23-2005 03:58 AM
Lt.Col.DraGon

34 / Male / Flag
quote:

i think that is better not to follow with the subject...i'm sorry, I just "dí a conocer"* what I believe

*i don't know how to write "dí a conocer" in english :$

somebody that speaks to Spanish, please translate that :$:$:$:$

Well.. i can't post in spanish but i can say that it is "I just presented what i knew" .

Well. Microsoft AntiSpyware fixed this by patchou's petition.. but last week.. microsoft antispyware detected msgplus again as a spyware... again.... and it was detected after the scan and i already have the latest version of antispyware.. anyone else has this?
12-23-2005 07:33 AM
fernandosk8

THE BEST ONE

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Lt.Col.DraGon
Well.. i can't post in spanish but i can say that it is "I just presented what i knew" .

ok, thanks  :D

quote:
Originally posted by Lt.Col.DraGon
Well. Microsoft AntiSpyware fixed this by patchou's petition.. but last week.. microsoft antispyware detected msgplus again as a spyware... again.... and it was detected after the scan and i already have the latest version of antispyware.. anyone else has this?

ok, i know that is an error that microsoft antispyware detect msgplus as a spyware, because the malware is the sponsor....

I would like ask something:

why Patchou had that add a sponsor in the software?
(considering that is malware detected by several antivirus)
12-23-2005 02:39 PM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: