What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Theme query

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Theme query
Author: Message:
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Theme query
I applied that theme and my pc froze. TWICE !!!!

I am back to my original theme and even after a reboot, even a simple right click takes about 5 seconds :-/
What do you recommend i do .... Clear out my ram (With rambooster or something ?)
Help quick :P

So this is a note to anyone who may have win xp on a p3 1 ghz processor with 256mb sd ram BEWARE !!
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
12-27-2005 01:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
stoshrocket

formerly methos

33 / Male / Flag
:lol: i dont think your computer is even meant to be skinned :lol:
ive got a moderate computer, P4, 512mb RAM, maybe run a system clean-up and do a d-frag maybe? just a suggestion.... :huh:
formerly methos
12-27-2005 01:28 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Theme query
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Clear out my ram (With rambooster or something ?)
RAM optimisers do nothing good for your system. What most do is start taking up enourmous amounts of RAM, forcing the OS to push everything else out of physical RAM and into swap/page file. The self proclaimed "optimiser" then frees up all the memory it was using, and you are left with all your applications in swapfile instead of physical RAM. This is why if an "optimiser" shows you a memory usage graph, the graph almost hits the top, and the comes back down.

RAM is the fastest (excepting CPU caches) memory your computer has. That's it; the fastest. In miniscule amounts of time, data in RAM is used by the CPU. The much slower swapfile is just a reserve to be used when more RAM is required than the total available.

Ideally, you want your RAM to be close to full, for the best performance, because it's the fastest there is. If you run out of RAM, the OS will shift the least accessed bits of code out of physical RAM into swap.

An "optimser" tips all this upside does, moving nearly all of the used memory off fast physical RAM, onto much slower swap. The freed up memory which it tells you will be the amount of physical RAM that is now wasted, because if the "optimiser" hadn't expanded itself taking up lost of RAM, your productive appilcations would be on physical RAM, which is where they perform best, due to the greatly increased speed of accessing physical RAM compared to swapfile on hard disk.

Ummm ... so about your computer crashing ... use the VS edition if you can find it (and let us know where to get it), or use the beattiful "Windows XP, Blue (default)" VS instead :p.
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
12-27-2005 01:58 PM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Methos2
:lol: i dont think your computer is even meant to be skinned :lol:
ive got a moderate computer, P4, 512mb RAM, maybe run a system clean-up and do a d-frag maybe? just a suggestion.... :huh:
wb5 works quite nicely on my pc and on mike's pc which has more processes running than mine and has a slower processor.
kthxdie.
:P

quote:
Originally posted by rav0

Ummm ... so about your computer crashing ... use the VS edition if you can find it (and let us know where to get it), or use the beattiful "Windows XP, Blue (default)" VS instead Smilie.
Im back to my xmpc :P It didnt crash btw, it just froze. And was slow to react :P
Now everything works perfectly except all explorer related actions are too slow.

All ram consumption is normal. The only thing is that whenever i perform an explorer related funtion the "processess" run by explorer jump from 0-49-72-49-32-7(actual display instant)-0
I thought it might be some cache memory problem or something ?

EDIT: I know about the ram usage system and in acutallity it slows your pc but the thing is, where is all the cache info for explorer stored. The ram or the system cache memory.
If its the earlier, thats why i wanted to clear it so it'd be slow for sometime but eventually itd be back to its normal position :P
If its the latter then tell me how to clear it :P I have like 1008 mb of page file memory dedicated but it uses anywhere between 92(latent) - 108 - 132 (both normal) - 208 (higher limit)

This post was edited on 12-27-2005 at 02:07 PM by John Anderton.
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
12-27-2005 01:59 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend