What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Podcasts With Music?

Podcasts With Music?
Author: Message:
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. Podcasts With Music?
im adding loads of rss feeds to my psp .... ive added podcasts from capital fm and the one that came with my media manager... but the ones ive found dont actually play music, its like the 'flirty at nine thirty' etc from capital... i was just wondering if anyone knew a podcast that played chart music... or stuff that has been recently released...

i was thinking of making my own podcast and just uploading the song i like from my computer to it but i thought there might be some legal issues about that... can anyone clarify this? thanks

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
12-28-2005 12:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ghadban88

35 / Male / –
RE: Podcasts With Music?
wats a podcast?
12-28-2005 12:56 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Podcasts With Music?
quote:
Originally posted by Ghadban88
wats a podcast?

http://www.podcast.com/

you'll find it on there no doubt...

quote:
Originally posted by that site...
What is a Podcast?
According to Wikipedia:
"A method of publishing files to the Internet, allowing users to subscribe to a feed and receive new files automatically."

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
12-28-2005 01:16 PM
Destruction

dsoft-network.net

– / Male / –
I am not really keen on listening to podcasts on my ipod as of yet. I haven't really had it too long and have not listened to one yet.

Any recommendations as to the must have podcast to listen to? because I am a little lost at finding an interesting one at the moment.

12-31-2005 12:20 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
kittymew

Bitten By A snowball in hell!

– / Female / –
http://www.ascap.com/weblicense/
says
"We designed the ASCAP Experimental License Agreement for Internet Sites & Services - Release 5.0 for sites and services that perform ASCAP music in a non-interactive manner. Currently, "non-interactive" means that users cannot select individual songs or collections of song unless the performance is not more than sixty (60) seconds in duration.

We designed the ASCAP Experimental License Agreement for Interactive Sites & Services - Release 2.0 for sites and services that permit their users to select individual songs or collections of songs, such as an album.

Examples of music uses that qualify for Non-Interactive 5.0 include:
Webcasts
Performances that are embedded in a site or service, such as a "Flash" intro
"Samples" (i.e., song excerpts that are not more than 60 seconds in duration)"

http://www.siliconvalleywatcher.com/mt/archives/2...hy_your_podcas.php
says

"The podcasters who only use music that they have permission to use, as granted by the composers and performers, are not doing anything illegal. If you podcast music from places like Soundclick.com or garageband.com, where the performers and composers explicitly grant permission to copy and perform, using the Creative Commons licenses, you have nothing to worry about. It's only the people who think that because they bought a CD, that they have the right to podcast, who are in trouble. You have the right to listen to the CD with yourself and a few friends, nothing more. If you stay away from RIAA music, you will be o.k. But just to make sure, get a letter from the composers and performers just to make sure"

hopefully that helps a little bit
12-31-2005 03:27 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: