What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Removing ad's?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Removing ad's?
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Removing ad's?
I strongly suggest not to mess with that...

Updates are there for a reason: your security! If you don't update Messengers (Windows and/or MSN) you bound to have security leaks and holes and whatever.

Unless you want to get infected with a virus or being hacked, etc...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-06-2006 07:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
nightblade06

have you thought of editing msn messeger with a resource hacker. i did ad it worked fine i got rid of the advertisments at the bottom and also tabs here i took a screenie:
[Image: clist.bmp]

If you want to use this then copy your old msnmsgr.exe, usually found in the directory c:\program files\msn messenger, to a folder called backup or just rename it. Once you have done that download this file:

Msn Messenger without ads

Now move this to the folder  c:\program files\msn messenger. Run msn messenger and enjoy your msn messenger without ads.

This post was edited on 02-08-2006 at 03:53 PM by nightblade06.
02-08-2006 03:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
nightblade06, don't attach executables like that without saying for which exact version they are. What you attached is for one specific messenger v ersion. Moreover, using the executable from you will render any other patches or skins useless and even will cripple Messenger if used on the wrong build version.

Instead, the solution to modify messenger like that (by patching messenger), without depending on a specific version!, was already given in the 2nd and 3rd post of this thread by groessl35 and Animal.

So, I advise realrobley not to use that attachment of yours and instead use the patch programs suggest by groessl35 and Animal...

This post was edited on 02-08-2006 at 05:46 PM by CookieRevised.
02-08-2006 05:44 PM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Cookie just to let you know the latest build of msn 7.5 is 7.5.0324 not 7.5.0322, it's now official as well saw it yesterday on mess.be

This post was edited on 02-09-2006 at 10:56 AM by markee.
[Image: markee.png]
02-09-2006 09:22 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
[OFF TOPIC]

quote:
Originally posted by markee
Cookie just to let you know the latest build of msn 7.5 is 7.5.0324 not 7.5.0322, it's now official as well saw it yesterday on mess.be
thanks, but yep I know...

Though, it is impossible to update every post on this forum which states a 'latest' version.

If you want a specific post being updated, PM the one who made the post; don't make such messages in threads (otherwise you could make such a message in hundreds of other threads also, which will be considered spam. And it isn't of much use anyways as people can easly see the time/date the post was made. Also updates will always be there.)

Moreover, the point of that post from me in this thread which stated the 'latest' versions is to show that there are more than one latest versions not just 1. The point was not so to exactly state the exact build of all the latest versions, for that the user needs to search them for himself as they will always be updates anyways.

;)

[/OFF TOPIC]

This post was edited on 02-09-2006 at 10:46 AM by CookieRevised.
02-09-2006 10:39 AM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: