What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » tell me if they can do that.

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
tell me if they can do that.
Author: Message:
ipab
Veteran Member

Design Evolved

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: tell me if they can do that.
quote:
Originally posted by nvez
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
quote:
Originally posted by guanako
but they ask even before i sing, i would think it be right if they do it after i sing so they can compared them but i just hand out my card and they're like "can i see your ID too.''  im like  ¬¬
They just take some precautions obviously. If I were you, I would not mind because you obviously have nothing to hide.

---
For those who ask, yes I do have a debit card, and yes it is at my name and yes I can do whatever I want with it.

Not to start any flames but I have not yet heared of a bank that allows you use the money as you want, anything you do with the money should be asked to your parents, then it can be used (for 18 and younger.)

Only on a credit card. If its debit then in Canada, as soon as you are over the age of 16, you are allowed to sign up for an account without a parent co-signer.
56656E692C 20566964692C 2056696369
01-12-2006 02:38 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
RE: tell me if they can do that.
for debit you don't even have to sign, because it requires a pin number
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6642 days, 21 hours, 14 minutes, 10 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
01-12-2006 02:41 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
In england you can get a debit card when your 11 (with some banks, halifax give you a Visa Electron card at 11)
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
01-12-2006 05:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by saralk
In england you can get a debit card when your 11 (with some banks, halifax give you a Visa Electron card at 11)

same here
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
01-12-2006 09:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by nvez
Not to start any flames but I have not yet heared of a bank that allows you use the money as you want, anything you do with the money should be asked to your parents, then it can be used (for 18 and younger.)
Yes this is perfectly possible. You don't mean to flame, but it's what you do in every thread I post in.

-----

My parents signed for my debit card (well my dad did) and now I can buy whatever I want. I cannot buy things if my account is empty, like any other account. This isn't like a credit card, just a debit card. So before lying and posting things that are unrelated to you, think for 3 seconds. Just wanted to state something I know you should know : Caisse Populaire Desjardins.

-----

If it was just a necklace, then I don't see why he didn't ask the person in front of you, and not you. Do like Nitemare said, and ask for his id.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
01-12-2006 10:10 PM
kotjze

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
sing

Stop saying "sing" x.x

It's "sign".
[Image: 2wehvrb.jpg]
<Discrate> lol geeks are fags who sit at home on the computer without a gf and no friends except other geeks they meet on the net
------------------------------
<+Nitro> I've found that the best way to clean your keyboard without taking everything apart is by sucking it
01-12-2006 10:29 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: tell me if they can do that.
quote:
Originally posted by Kotjze
quote:
sing

Stop saying "sing" x.x

It's "sign".
wow, chill dude i think we all get wat i mean :P
[Image: guanako20.png]
01-13-2006 12:18 AM
Adeptus

quote:
is the people at the store or the place where you are paying allowed or are they supposed to ask for ID (identification card) to make sure that it  is your card you are paying with. because i pay at places some ask for it some dont and i dont know on wat goverment site it could tell me about this.

With few exceptions, a private business is allowed to require whatever they want as a condition of doing business with you.  Why would you expect (or want) the government to be involved in that?  As you say, some places have asked you for the ID and some have not. If this bothers you enough, vote with your feet and your money: shop at those stores that don't.

It is definitely reasonable for them to do that, though. 

As you probably know, you are not liable for fraudulent charges on your card if it is lost, stolen, or otherwise compromised.  All you have to do is sign an affidavit saying the charges were not made by you, and they promptly come off your account.  Sounds great, doesn't it?

Well -- that's a wonderful safety net for you and I, but not for the business that accepts credit cards.  You didn't expect the bank would eat the fraudulent charges, did you? :P  Of course not.  They will be reversed on the vendor who accepted the card.  The store will be ultimately out the money if they allow an unauthorized credit card transaction.

Quite honestly, I don't understand why all stores don't require IDs with credit cards, all the time.  It would make perfectly good sense for them to want to protect themselves and they've done that before (paying with a personal check has always involved presenting an ID).

This post was edited on 01-13-2006 at 06:53 AM by Adeptus.
01-13-2006 06:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: tell me if they can do that.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kotjze
quote:
sing

Stop saying "sing" x.x

It's "sign".
wow, chill dude i think we all get wat i mean :P

I didn't actually, I was like "wtf" :P

Anyway, the way I understand it is that the store HAS to check if it's your card by comparing the signature with one on for example your drivers license or ID card. With the modern machines where you enter your PIN (which I have only seen abroad) that isn't needed. Now, most stores don't check your ID, it never actually happend to me. But be thankful, they can't do any harm by just looking at your ID card (but you should not let them go to any "back room" with your credit card).
[Image: signature.php]
01-13-2006 07:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: tell me if they can do that.
yeah, that was my point why do some places do it, and sometimes you go once they check, come back the next week or even the next day, and they dont :P it all depends on the person working i think, and also if you look 'dodgy' like someone said. i know they do it for a reason, but lets be fair if one gets asked for it,  we all should, that sounds right i think.
[Image: guanako20.png]
01-13-2006 02:18 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: