What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » SOLVED: (frustration no more) total frustration

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
SOLVED: (frustration no more) total frustration
Author: Message:
Timothy003
Banned

40 / – / –
RE: total frustration
quote:
Originally posted by [MR
]
quote:
Originally posted by Nvidia customer support
Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care.

We're sorry, but we are not able to address installation, usage and troubleshooting questions via this forum. NVIDIA does not sell any hardware products directly to consumers, and therefore cannot provide direct technical support.

Please refer to our partner support list for support (www.nvidia.com/page/partner_support.html). In addition, answers to many of the most frequently asked questions can be found in our knowledge base by clicking on (nvidia.custhelp.com).

Regards,
NVIDIA Customer Care.

that was a waste of time.
Maybe not, because at least we know some links.
01-17-2006 10:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: total frustration
finally i finished installing windows xp.  Once it had finsihed installing I shut down my computer and then inserted my PCI Nividia geforce mx 4000 card.  i started windows xp all went fine until windows installed its own drivers for the video card.  the screen flickered as normal and then the computers screen just went black with that white 'dos' underscore blinking in the top left hand corner.  is there any way that i can get this graphics card to work with this MoBo and windows xp?  i dont care if i cant do dual monitering anymore.  would this work:  i uninstall the video card integrated with the motherboard and then insert the PCI graphics card?  i need this other graphics cards for my games.  the card built in the motherboard has only 16 mb of video memory and the PCI card has 64 mb of video memory.  please help me, anything that will work is greatly appreiciated.
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
01-18-2006 02:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
D:Frag

Forum d:Fragment0r

– / Male / –
Take out the video card, start Windows with the integrated video, download and install the latest drivers for your card. Turn off your pc, install the card then turn it on and see what happens :)

[Image: style5,d-dp-Frag.png]
Respect to the man in the ice cream van!
01-18-2006 02:22 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by D:Frag
Take out the video card, start Windows with the integrated video, download and install the latest drivers for your card. Turn off your pc, install the card then turn it on and see what happens :)
so your saying that i should take out my pci card (which i have already done) then install the latest drivers for the video card that is built in my motherboard and then tunr the computer off and then install my pci graphics card and see what happens? 
01-18-2006 02:26 AM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by [MR
]so your saying that i should take out my pci card (which i have already done) then install the latest drivers for the video card that is built in my motherboard and then tunr the computer off and then install my pci graphics card and see what happens?   

no, i think he is saying
remove the card
turn on pc
download lastest drivers
off pc
install card with the drivers u downloaded! (generic win drivers are crap)
Voila!
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
01-18-2006 02:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
quote:
Originally posted by [MR
]so your saying that i should take out my pci card (which i have already done) then install the latest drivers for the video card that is built in my motherboard and then tunr the computer off and then install my pci graphics card and see what happens?   

no, i think he is saying
remove the card
turn on pc
download lastest drivers
off pc
Voila!
oh i understand know :D so when windows tries to reinstall the graphics card it will use the new ones i got instead of the microsoft ones.
01-18-2006 02:40 AM
D:Frag

Forum d:Fragment0r

– / Male / –
RE: RE: total frustration
quote:
Originally posted by [MR]
quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
quote:
Originally posted by [MR

no, i think he is saying
remove the card
turn on pc
download lastest drivers
off pc
Voila!
oh i understand know :D so when windows tries to reinstall the graphics card it will use the new ones i got instead of the microsoft ones.

Aha, latest drivers for your PCI card :)

[Image: style5,d-dp-Frag.png]
Respect to the man in the ice cream van!
01-18-2006 02:52 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
Frustration is no more :D  Here is what i did:  with the computer turned on with windows on, i inserted the pci graphics card.  i installed the latest drivers from nvidia and they worked.  next i restarted the computer and neither moniter would turn on so i restarted in safe mode and disabled the video card that is built in the mother board.  so now my graphics card works with xo finally, just have to do with out dual monitering, unless someday i get a tv or moniter that has an s video slot in it then the dual monitering can begin again.  but for now everything is good and running well, and i can really tell the my wireless internet quality has gone up a trillion percent :D  thanks for the help everyone!
01-18-2006 03:40 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: total frustration
quote:
Frustration is no more :D  Here is what i did:  with the computer turned on with windows on, i inserted the pci graphics card.
Ermm... did I read this right? If so:

NEVER remove or insert ANY cards while your PC is turned on. I'm very surprised this even worked, let alone, that you didn't blow up the whole mobo and/or graphics card :/

quote:
i installed the latest drivers from nvidia and they worked.  next i restarted the computer and neither moniter would turn on so i restarted in safe mode and disabled the video card that is built in the mother board.
Before you installed anything you need to know exactly how your mobo must be set up (jumpers/bios) when you're going to use an external graphics card. With many mobo's you must explicitly disable the integrated graphics card if you wanna install an external graphics card. So read the manual of the motherboard.

PS: also something which you didn't seem to do (according to your posts): when you have installed something (eg: an OS) always verify that it is installed correctly before going to the next step of installing extra hardware. You said: "I installed XP, turned computer off, and installed graphics card". Before inserting the graphics card, or whatever the next step would be, always reboot your computer and start up Windows (a couple of times) to check if it runs properly. When it does, then connect to the internet and download and install any latest bugfixes and patches (this is very important). After that, again a couple of reboots to verify and only then, go to next step of adding extra hardwares.

;)

This post was edited on 01-18-2006 at 05:35 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-18-2006 07:03 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: