What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Hal.dll Corrupt...can no longer start Windows!

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Hal.dll Corrupt...can no longer start Windows!
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Hal.dll Corrupt...can no longer start Windows!
You don't need a XP disc at all... Niether do you need to remove your HDD (though it is the most convenient and quickest way; otherwise you need to find a bootup disc which you can use to boot up and to reconize the installed HDD)...

What is stated on that page is that you simply need to copy the original hall.dll  from the subdirectory i386 to your system32 directory and to edit your boot.ini file to remove the corrupt line.

This post was edited on 01-30-2006 at 06:34 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-30-2006 06:33 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
O.P. RE: Hal.dll Corrupt...can no longer start Windows!
Cookie it states here:

quote:
Originally posted by http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_haldll_missing.htm

Option 2:

Boot from your CD and follow the directions below to start Recovery Console.

Insert the Setup compact disc (CD)...ect

Let me re-phrase my problem, I have the Hal.dll is corrupted message before XP can load. I can't go into Safe-Mode or any other config. I don't know what to do, I have no XP disc and no other way to get back into Windows. My Packard Bell Recovery gives me Run-Time Errors when I start it. Cookie your help is appreciated. Again I would only take my HD out as a last resort.

This post was edited on 01-30-2006 at 07:02 PM by _Humphreys.
AC3
01-30-2006 06:42 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Hal.dll Corrupt...can no longer start Windows!
quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
Cookie it states here:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_haldll_missing.htm

Read the entire page...

It is a page build up with replies from people, going towards more and more specific and to the point and good solution.

Furthermore, what you quoted is indeed the solution (or at least one way to get it solved, as what is described in that section (which is corrected later on) will do exactly what I stated before)

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
You don't need a XP disc at all... Niether do you need to remove your HDD (though it is the most convenient and quickest way; otherwise you need to find a bootup disc which you can use to boot up and to reconize the installed HDD)...

What is stated on that page is that you simply need to copy the original hall.dll from the subdirectory i386 (from system32) to your system32 directory and to edit your boot.ini file to remove the corrupt line.
If you aren't able to access the disk then obviously booting up from a recover CD or boot cd or whatever is a way of getting in; just as sticking that HDD into another PC as slave (or in the same PC, but as slave) will do the same. The point is as described: replace the corrupted hall.dll in system32 with the good one found in i386, and also fix c:\boot.ini with a texteditor.

This post was edited on 01-30-2006 at 07:28 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-30-2006 07:21 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: