What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » The oridinal 35 could be located [...] msidcrl.dll [need help]

The oridinal 35 could be located [...] msidcrl.dll [need help]
Author: Message:
bud_007

How about that

39 / Male / –
O.P. The oridinal 35 could be located [...] msidcrl.dll [need help]
Hey guys,

Ok so I did the search and althought I did find some threads talking about the error, this one might be a bit different.

Ok so my friend installed WLM 8.0. The WLM screwed up (contact list disapeared without touching filter contacts) anyways the bottom line she wanted the 7.5 back. She tried to uninstall the 8.0 and install the 7.5 but when she installed the 7.5, the 8.0 opens instead. She emailed the technical support and he kindly replied those step by step by "leaving this beta" link, etc. So she did and everything went okay.

Then when she tried to install the 7.5 there's this message: The oridinal 35 could not be located in the dynamic link library msidcrl.dll

I asked to go to c:\programm files\MSN Messenger and see if the msidcrl.dll is there. And it was there. So I thought ok delete it and put in the recycling bin and then try to re-install the 7.5. So she hit the "repair" button and the same message appears again.

So right now I'm not sure what to do. I was thinking about the registry thing (regedit) but if she delete some msn stuff does it also delete all the settings (backgrounds, display pics, emoticons etc) that she add? If yes is there any othe solution and if no, well what she has to delete exactly?

Thanks.
01-25-2006 02:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
RE: The oridinal 35 could be located [...] msidcrl.dll [need help]
quote:
Originally posted by bud_007
I was thinking about the registry thing (regedit) but if she delete some msn stuff does it also delete all the settings (backgrounds, display pics, emoticons etc) that she add?

No (those would be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too big to fit in the registry.)

quote:
If yes is there any othe solution and if no, well what she has to delete exactly?

nothing that an uninstall won't get rid of. removing it manually will probably break it anyway.

quote:
eplied those step by step by "leaving this beta" link, etc. So she did and everything went okay.

I doubt you needed to leave the beta just to uninstall it.

This post was edited on 01-25-2006 at 02:43 AM by ShawnZ.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
01-25-2006 02:42 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
When you're installing 7.5, are you selecting 'Repair'? If so, don't.

What I suggest is to reinstall WLM, then uninstall it fully and properly. Then try 7.5 again, without selecting 'Repair'.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
01-25-2006 02:06 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
bud_007

How about that

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: The oridinal 35 could be located [...] msidcrl.dll [need help]
Well, she managed to install the 7.5. All she had to do is to delete the entire msn messenger folder. 8-|

Thanks!
01-30-2006 04:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
quote:
Well, she managed to install the 7.5. All she had to do is to delete the entire msn messenger folder. 8-|

Thanks!
Deleting a folder in which a program is located just to get rid of it isn't advised as it will still leave stuff in the registry and/or other places. It's also possible some others programs use a file located in that folder so this other program might not work as it should afterwards.

quote:
I was thinking about the registry thing (regedit) but if she delete some msn stuff does it also delete all the settings (backgrounds, display pics, emoticons etc) that she add? If yes is there any othe solution and if no, well what she has to delete exactly?

If you're saying "the registry thing" and don't even know what to delete or even what it holds (or what not), then you better stay away from it as a mistake in the registry can cause Windows to not work properly anymore. So that in the end you might have to reinstall Windows because of the registry.
01-30-2006 04:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: