What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem

Pages: (10): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
"The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem
Author: Message:
Tova

O.P. "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem
Hi everyone.

I have an annoying problem. It happens for one or two weeks now. When I log-in, some people are sending me a message but it appears this to them : "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients". When I open up the conversation window double-clicking on the user, at this moment, they can send me messages. When I close the conversation window, they're unable for a second time to send me messages.

My question is : WHY !? Is there a fix ?
I'm well connected to the net, so background programs, WINXP SP2, configured router, very fast connection, MSN 7.5 without any patch or MSG! Plus

Please... help....... I'm tired of this...
03-20-2006 03:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
chuck_str

35 / Male / –
RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem
this same problem occers with me some times the only way i know of solveing this problem is to log off and log back onto msn it stops this problem but is not a total soltcion to it
03-20-2006 12:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Tova

O.P. RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem
I found my problem. Stupid "MSN Sniffer", it changes the HOSTS file. What I did is pretty simple : log-out, tools, options, connection : "Start..."

Hehe.
03-22-2006 02:45 AM
jewelzsweet

I have been getting that for almost a month now. It got really bad so I simply re-dl'd 7.5.0324 and that seemed to fix it for about a week and a half. Now it's back and really bad. Taking like 5 minutes before I can send a message in response. It happens really randomly too.

I tried your option Tova, I hope it works for me.
03-23-2006 06:06 AM
Unwritten Law

Im Back!!

31 / Male / –
if u like jewelzsweet  i will invite you to WLM for no cost cause i have invites so i will give one away to you :D whats your msn email???
[Image: Dilonsav.png]
Viberate Force:Day Of Defeat Source Clan Were looking for Australian and Nz players only!!
03-23-2006 09:17 AM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
This problem seems to be a popular one. I ask that anyone who experiences this problem, please reply to this thread. If there is enough demand, I'll bring it to the attention of the MSN Messenger team. Hopefully we can get a fix out for it soon after.
03-25-2006 07:28 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Terry_X

– / Male / –
when i was on 7.5 i had to re-download msn for it to work for like a month then re-download again to make it work for another month. But when i got WLM its seems ok for some reason.
03-25-2006 08:02 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Have this problem too sometimes, and that's not only at moments when I'm heavily using my internet connection. It happened to me at times when I wasn't downloading/uploading anything and my connection is very stable. I know at least a few of my contacts have they same problem.

These errors were more common in the past (the days of 3.6 and 4.x), but I haven't seen them for a long time since then. I guess these errors started again when WLM testing begun.

This post was edited on 03-25-2006 at 09:25 AM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
03-25-2006 09:24 AM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
I ask that you point anyone with this problem to reply to this thread - or post their reply for them. Please be prompt about this, don't take a few months to post a reply and expect me to be able to help you then. Also, the more detail you provide, the greater the chances are for me to poperly explain the issue to them. Yes, I've experienced this myself, but it hasn't been that much of an issue for a while now.
03-25-2006 04:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Fanta

<fun stuff goes here>

44 / Female / Flag
I never really saw of this as a problem, just as a temporary annoyance. I've got this problem at times, but it's not on a regular basis and I can't seem to find any logical sourse. It just seems to be happening every so often, mostly in conversations with contacts who already suffer connection problems.

For me, it happens more often in one on one conversations then in group convo's, and more often then not the contact I'm talking with suffers from connection problems. That's why I never saw it as a huge problem, I always just thought that it was because my contact had problems again. Usually it's like 2 or 3, sometimes a few more messages in a row that can't seem to be delivered, starting a new conversation seems to be of help and I've restarted WLM once now because of this.

WLM seems to have a lot more trouble with connection errors anyway, perhaps that's something that has to do with this?
[Image: fantaclub7fz.gif]

03-25-2006 04:43 PM
Pages: (10): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: