What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem

Pages: (10): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] Last »
"The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem
Author: Message:
RexHunter99

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem
Heya, I registered here to report my problem which is absolutely driving me insane and is making my life miserable :(

I have a girl friend who lives in the states and I HAVE to use MSN (or WLM or whatever) to talk with her.  She appears offline 90% of the time because of some harassing people who use MSN to cause her grief.  And recently (I've noticed this happens to people when there's a new update or testing version of MSN/WLM) I can't talk to her even if she's online!  It's absolutely crap.
I send a message to her and I know she's online, but I get an error about the message not being able to get through.

Has there been a fix to this?  I can't update to the latest version because I have to use the Guest account to even get on this computer so I'm literally stuck in shit with that...
01-29-2009 11:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
What she can (must) do to prevent some people harassing her is blocking those people. Also, make sure she has set the option "Only people on my Allow list can see my status and send me messages" in her Messenger-options, in the Privacy categorie.

Also, she can log in using the status "Appear Offline". In that way, nobody can contact her, but she can initiate a chat with her contacts (eg: you).

As for your own problem: Do you use Messenger Plus!? If so, try to uninstall it and see if the problem persists. You probably need administrating powers to uninstall it though.

If you don't use Messenger Plus!, or the problem hasn't gone away when uninstalling it, the first thing todo is to report the problem to Microsoft: https://support.live.com/default.aspx?productkey=wlmessenger
However, I just noticed that some smart guy has redirected those "select your WLM version"-links to the help pages instead of the support pages. DOH! So until that is fixed, no support.
However, you can send a feedback form. In that way MS knows that yet another person has troubles with delivering messages. It is time they look into this, deeply, as this kind of thing happens way too often in my personal opinion.

So, unfortunatly the error "can't deliver the message" can be caused by a lot of things. Try to read this thread, many solutions are already given for various situations. I suggest to try them all.

If all else fails, the thing you can try is to use the web messenger: http://webmessenger.msn.com/. Do you get the same errors there?

This post was edited on 01-30-2009 at 12:00 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-29-2009 11:54 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RexHunter99

Thanks for replying.

I'm quite capable with computers and software so I've all ready tried a multitude of things >.> none of my attempts succeeded sadly.  I'll see if she can do what you said though and if I can uninstall MSN+ later.

Thanks.
02-03-2009 08:40 PM
exzyner

Hi everyone.

I have been getting the "The following message could not be delivered to the recipient" error. Basically, whoever i message WILL not receive my message, but on the contrary, i can receive messages from others. Adding on, if someone messages me, i can send back messages, but if he/she were to close the chat conversation, i will then no longer be able to send he/she messages until he/she messages me again. This problem has been bugging me for about 4 days already.

I mean, is there a fix for this or something as this is seriously annoying. Help is appreciated. Thanks!
03-28-2009 02:02 PM
kaykhanittha

Hello,

Is there a definitive solution?

Thanks a lot !

07-01-2009 08:07 PM
jt-owns

HI,
someone has already probably posted this but i have had the same problem, don't connect through wifi, connect through a ethernet/network cable...
Hope this helps...
12-23-2010 09:57 AM
Sycophantism

I was looking around for a solution to this very same problem-- as I'm sure many before me have. I have an alternate e-mail address that I use for work and tried signing on there to talk to someone that my messages just wouldn't send to; the exact same issue persisted on the alternate e-mail account. It was driving me nuts, but when I signed back on to my main account, my messages sent successfully to the same person I've been trying to contact. Not sure if this will help, since it could just be a one-time thing, a fluke, but I'm going to try it next time and see if it works again. I'll edit this with whatever results I find next time.
08-23-2011 04:31 AM
whiz

– / – / Flag
This thread is 5 years old, I don't know if this is caused by the same problem as what was originally posted...

Still, I haven't seen this problem in a long time, except for when I expect the message to appear (such as sending to addresses that don't exist, etc.).  What version of Messenger (and Plus! if you use that too) have you got?
08-27-2011 04:06 PM
MultiMatsuki

Solution:
Open "Internet Explorer"
yes that famous browser :P
den browse whatever you want in there for like 1 min or so.
Then go back to your MSN and you'll see that the "message not delivered" thing would have disappeared and everything will be back to normal :)
Worked for me, just give it a try ;)
12-14-2012 09:45 PM
Pages: (10): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: