What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Motherboard help pleeeaseee

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Motherboard help pleeeaseee
Author: Message:
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: Motherboard help pleeeaseee
who makes the power suply?  email them an ask or if they have a description on the page of the wires
03-27-2006 04:00 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by YourNeibour
So I need to go and find an actual chart with what is grounding is what is not or is the rule of thumb, the site with wrting inside.

for the power button it doesn't matter. For the led it either will lit (if you got it right) or not (if you got it wrong).

As Adeptus has said:

For the power button and power led it doesn't matter really.

This is because the button simply makes or breaks a contact. So it doesn't matter if the positive side is switched or negative side. For the led it will either lit or not.

Nothing will be damaged if you got it wrong though (for the power button and/or power led).

This post was edited on 03-27-2006 at 04:34 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-27-2006 04:25 AM
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
everything should be labelled on your board, just have a look near the connection. on mine it says PWR_LED, SPKR, HDD_LED etc...

My bad i didnt read correctly, in that case its pretty much what cookie said.. Trial and error.. or another good way is to find the same make of motherboard and have a look how thiers is.

This post was edited on 03-27-2006 at 05:01 AM by Pyroteq.
03-27-2006 04:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
YourNeibour

48 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Motherboard help pleeeaseee
But if I am going to test the MOBO and just the MOBO I don't really need to install the HD or Videocard just plug the MOBO into the powersupply and let it rip if it works the Fan should spin right?

03-27-2006 01:27 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Motherboard help pleeeaseee
quote:
Originally posted by YourNeibour
But if I am going to test the MOBO and just the MOBO I don't really need to install the HD or Videocard just plug the MOBO into the powersupply and let it rip if it works the Fan should spin right?
yes and no.... the fan will spin (if connected right of course) but that doesn't nessecairly main the mobo works perfect as the fan might simply gets its power indirectly (thru the mobo) from the psu; Though the mobo might control the speed of the fan, the direct power of the fan isn't controlled by the mobo. (Even on a mobo with some broken chips the fan might be spinning as it draws power from the psu thru the mobo).

But you indeed will know if there is power going thru the mobo or not (to the fan; as that on its turn doesn't mean everything which needs some power gets some power).

To know for sure that the mobo works (in general) hook up a monitor to the mobo and watch the post-messages.

This post was edited on 03-27-2006 at 01:49 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-27-2006 01:48 PM
YourNeibour

48 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Motherboard help pleeeaseee
ok, sorry for all the quesion, first time assembling a PC and a bit paranoid, don't wanna hook everything up and realize that the mobo isn't working or something fried.

This post was edited on 03-27-2006 at 02:27 PM by YourNeibour.
03-27-2006 01:55 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: