What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Messenger Plus! Live News

Pages: (11): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 11 » Last »
1 votes - 4 average   Messenger Plus! Live News
Author: Message:
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! Live News
WLM is alot less buggy now, and doesn't crash all the time on my PC now, so I can get down to some proper Beta Testing at last instead of just sending crash logs over and over again which weren't related to plus at all
05-05-2006 08:48 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
huigh4444

31 / Male / –
why doesn't patchou just activate www.msgpluslive.net so everything about Messenger Plus! Live on it?
05-06-2006 09:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
the new site will come online when plus live is released to the public. (it doesn't make much sense to have it online if you still can't download plus live)
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
05-06-2006 10:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
engooo

Just Me

40 / Male / –
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live News
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I'll answer it:

As Patchou will not release a public beta for this version, he has done it in the past, but it has been very rare. He will only release the final product once Windows Live Messenger has been released as a final and not a beta. This is simply because Patchou wants his software to be final, with very few bugs, and bugs that can be easily and quickly fixed, it will take some time to do this (Messenger Plus! Live was only released to beta testers in late February, and since then more and more features have been added, meaning more extensive testing is required).

Sorry if I've drifted off track slightly there, but basically: Patchou won't release Messenger Plus! Live until both Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live aren't buggy.

i know that's final :P

But it dosn't make any since at all :D

1st all the world now using betaz i mean there r many beta programs around and they r ok ,, with littel bugs >>> yes but they r ok to be used ,,

2nd i don't thnik microsoft has a definite day to the WML .. we heard it'll be in March then in April then in May and finally maybe in the next year ,, so why patcho still  plaster  in MS dates 8o|

3rd now i think after MS at last open the way to use WML i think it's imp. to just open the door to let people enjoy with MPL!4

4th i think also with more people using MPL!4 and reporting for bugs make the final realse came much early ,, and that will be nice

guy it's just thoughts and i'm very very sorry for my bad english
05-07-2006 12:00 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by engooo
we heard it'll be in March then in April then in May and finally maybe in the next year ,, so why patcho still  plaster  in MS dates
Patchou isn't ready with Plus! Live yet. Some features are missing and some annoying bugs... It's still a race against the clock.

quote:
1st all the world now using betaz i mean there r many beta programs around and they r ok ,, with littel bugs >>> yes but they r ok to be used
I agree, there are good betas (and bad ones too :p), but it's always up to the creator to decide when he releases software. Patchou decided not to release any Plus! Live beta to public because he wants a stable product for his users and because he doesn't want problems with MS when people start reporting Plus! bugs to MS... Because that will happen when you release it to all the 10million users and MS won't be happy about it. And it's better to keep MS as a friend because Plus! depends on it entirely, if MS gets annoyed with Plus! they could probably find a way to shut it down or at least make it very hard for Plus! to continue.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
05-07-2006 12:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
engooo

Just Me

40 / Male / –
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live News
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
we heard it'll be in March then in April then in May and finally maybe in the next year ,, so why patcho still  plaster  in MS dates
Patchou isn't ready with Plus! Live yet. Some features are missing and some annoying bugs... It's still a race against the clock.

quote:
1st all the world now using betaz i mean there r many beta programs around and they r ok ,, with littel bugs >>> yes but they r ok to be used
I agree, there are good betas (and bad ones too :p), but it's always up to the creator to decide when he releases software. Patchou decided not to release any Plus! Live beta to public because he wants a stable product for his users and because he doesn't want problems with MS when people start reporting Plus! bugs to MS... Because that will happen when you release it to all the 10million users and MS won't be happy about it. And it's better to keep MS as a friend because Plus! depends on it entirely, if MS gets annoyed with Plus! they could probably find a way to shut it down or at least make it very hard for Plus! to continue.

ok dear i'm totally agree with u ,, MPL!4  is not ready yet

but i'm interest with that point ( MPL!4 will not realse till WML 8.0 Realse ) *-)

why ?!! :S it should be realse when it's ready ,, ^o)

quote:
Don't be sorry for your bad English. Your motivation is what you'd be sorry for....

bro i think i don't make any motivation , it just thoughts :P
05-07-2006 12:54 AM
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
why ?!! (Smilie) it should be realse when it's ready ,, (Smilie)

because WLM is still in BETA, there are still goingt o be more BETA releases of it more likely, and I doubt patchou wants to have to re-release Plus! every time there is a new WLM BETA released to make it compatible again :undecided

If he releases it once the final WLM has been released, then the amount of time between WLM releases it most likely going to be larger, and Patch won't have to release a new, compatible, version of plus so often

This post was edited on 05-07-2006 at 01:15 AM by lordy.
05-07-2006 01:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Patchou isn't ready with Plus! Live yet. Some features are missing and some annoying bug
he could always release 4.00 an fix/add those other buggs an features in 4.10
05-07-2006 01:54 AM
msnlee

– / Male / –
Dear Sir
I go back to check your new version every week.When the new Plus can be finished
---*Have a Smily day!*---
05-07-2006 03:52 AM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
No one knows when the new Plus! Live is going to be ready for public release if that is what you are asking, keep an eye on this threadfor information.

This post was edited on 05-07-2006 at 04:52 AM by Eddie.
...there used to be a signature here :)
05-07-2006 04:51 AM
Pages: (11): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 11 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: