What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Goth? Read here.

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
Goth? Read here.
Author: Message:
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: Goth? Read here.
quote:
Originally posted by SonicT15
BTW i still listen to heavy metal and hard rock on the occasion

Eh... listening to hard rock and that doesn't make you goth at all :p... I love hard rock... But really if I'd have to classify myself it would be a jock....

I dunno... we don't really have many goth people around here (small town).... The ones we have aren't all that goth anyways... they'll dress in black, have weird haircuts... all that... But then they're hyper as hell and don't shut up. None of them are really mopey at all like the typical stereotype....

I really have no problem with them... They are what they wanna be... That's fine with me... haha...
04-07-2006 12:40 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I hate the way people label themselves to be honest  Why can't people just be people?

Exactly! I also agree.
[Image: top.gif]
04-07-2006 12:44 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
shadowfaerie

la la la lick the lolly la la la

35 / Female / –
i actually hate the word goth.. it irritates me so.. just cos i like darker things.. and pretty black things.. o well... i believe that studies are stuck in the stereotypes.. i bet you they were chavs!...  o well..  also paler skined people look healthier if they wear darker colours.. i personally look ill if i wear alot of white.
                                                     devia ut a crudus
rose..
04-08-2006 04:37 PM
Negro_Joe

Go!Go!Go!

34 / Male / –
I think the main problem is the word "Goth", meh seems dark, satanic. that name automaticaly brings to mind over-exagerated stereotypical goths, made famous by the media...:O

[Image: sinavatar4ie.jpg]

04-08-2006 11:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
It think there is nothing wrong with them, we are all different.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
04-09-2006 02:17 AM
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: RE: Goth? Read here.
quote:
Originally posted by Scone
Im not goth either but i have been called it, i do listen to similar music and i have goth friends... All goths i know are really nice by the way.
And also.. true 'goth' music is electronica and trance not heavy metal as most people presume.

"Goth" is a stereotype of depression and stuff but thier really on the whole, the opposite.

"The values of the goth subculture are very high-brow," she said. "They tend to enjoy old poetry, books and the arts.
Most of them do..

"It is a peaceful subculture - drugs and anti-social behaviour do not play a big part.
True.

"Many parents worry because they think their children may be depressed or suicidal when they start wearing black but this is not usually the case.
Thats emo.

"They tend to have a sarcastic sense of humour and be able to express their feelings.
True

"Another worry is the fetish fashion of some goths, especially with the females. But my research shows that the girls are not overtly sexual.
True, kinda.

"In fact, they are usually believers of love and romance, not one night stands."
I think thats true aswell..

"Most goths don't think of Marilyn Manson as being part of the subculture," she said.
SO True.

"Goths are not satanists. They are usually intelligent youngsters who have rejected the idea that teenagers must fulfil certain criteria.

Satanists are very different from what the sterotype is.. That they worship the devil and are anti-god.. sacrafice animals etc... But thats Anti-Chris. Satanists belive that the devil is the true god, and god is actually a fake..

Guys wearing makeup is more emo than goth.

after reading the whole thing again and this, i realised i mite be goth except that as Scone said they enjoy trance and i do too :) (but i despide makeup and wearing all black)

(most of the things said are true about me, so this article/thread has been a real eye-opener...)
04-09-2006 02:23 AM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
I actully know several goths.
quote:
12 year old goths? what the hell is happening to the world?
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
04-09-2006 02:27 AM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
lol its must be there parents..... who else could of inspired them to be a goth?:P
04-09-2006 02:37 AM
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
Teeny goths are the worst, its usually just a phase..
04-09-2006 03:39 AM
Purity
Veteran Member

AngelFuck

34 / Female / –
The way I see, you pretty much have to label some one, to explain about what group of people you're talking about, to explain who you're talkign about.

I don't like labels, I think it's retarded placing yourself into a group.  Like, I'm myself, whatever style I may appear to be, so be it.  People can call me whatever they want I don't care.  Trends bother me.  I don't like doing stuff because it's popular, I honestly prefer to be different.

Also bothers me the fact people hate the whole emo or goth trends, or actually and trend.  Why do people just hate someone once they call themselves emo or something?  Me knowing someone is emo isn't gonna make me think any different about someone, I'm saying this about the whole emo thing, because it's the trend that's being bashed the most, by people who are judgemental and such.  People need to learn how to know someone, before they can hate them.

This whole slitting wrists thing is kinda  tedious to approach.  There are the people that will do it, for attention, to be noticed, or to fit in, whatever.  Then there is the ones that do it because they may enjoy the pain, it may actually make them feel better, because of subtle depression, or whatever.  We don't know what they are going through, weather it's family issues, or issues with friends, the ones that don't do that stuff, are just sorta blinded, and yet most of us will say "It's so stupid" To me, it really is stupid.  I've gotten really depressed in my life, the past 4 months have been so depressing.  I don't cut myself or anything.  It's pointless cutting yourself or suicide, it's selfish.  Anyways, the main point I was trying to get at there was people shouldn't think that ALL emo's are wrist cutting depressed fools.  I've probably only met one or two people that do it, and are trendy.  The rest are just plain style, the clothes the music, the jewlery.

People will label others, it's normal, it's just the way it is.  It will always be that way.  May sound like I'm contradicting a little bit, hopefully you understand where I'm coming from.

I have the same to say about goths, Their not all satanic weirdo's.  Majority is just trendyness.
[Image: puritysig8.jpg/]
www.purity.toastednet.org
04-09-2006 07:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: