What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Windows Vista Build 5365 Released

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 » Last »
Windows Vista Build 5365 Released
Author: Message:
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Vista Build 5365 Released
quote:
Originally posted by Exca
Well let it be :) i got it anyways...

My feedback about vista:
ist very slow. XP works so much faster. Maybe i have to add more memory, but even with classic design, slow. Compare it like adsl vs cable. Also there are still bugs. Driversupport is okay. He only doesn't find my audiocard's driver. Nice visual effects. But it still needs work. Navigation shows most flaws. The navigation doesn't work fine. Also folders with video's and pictures take long time before the thumbnails are loaded and created, while in xp it takes a couple of seconds...

But i bet it will be fine in the final release.

I doubt it will run any better on your PC now than it will with the final release. The requirements for this new OS are outrageous, if you want to take advantage of the new visual effects.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
04-27-2006 12:16 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
Yeah well, with the new features Vista has you'd expect it to run slower then XP and i don't really think thats a bad thing tbh. If you want to keep up to date with the latest software and features you are going to have to update your computer to take full advantage of this.
Segosa is newb.
04-27-2006 12:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
Vista is over-rated.. Remember thier origional specs, they were saying we needed hardware that isnt even on the market yet.. I For one cant afford a whole new PC just to run Vista and have it look a bit better than XP..
04-27-2006 01:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
O.P. RE: Windows Vista Build 5365 Released
quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
Yeah well, with the new features Vista has you'd expect it to run slower then XP and i don't really think thats a bad thing tbh. If you want to keep up to date with the latest software and features you are going to have to update your computer to take full advantage of this.
not everyone can afford to buy a new PC an or hardware for that matter so they turn to other stuff such as Apple mac an or linux

This post was edited on 04-27-2006 at 01:19 AM by Hank.
04-27-2006 01:19 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Animal
quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
not everyone can afford to buy a new PC an or hardware for that matter so they turn to other stuff such as Apple mac an or linux

We arn't going to be forced to update to Vista, so if you upgrade then you should know that the special effects, features, and all that good stuff, are going to require you to get your computer updated so it can run the OS smoothly.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
04-27-2006 03:54 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
O.P. RE: Windows Vista Build 5365 Released
quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX

We arn't going to be forced to update to Vista, so if you upgrade then you should know that the special effects, features, and all that good stuff, are going to require you to get your computer updated so it can run the OS smoothly.
true sean but who can afford to buy a 512MB video card just to get all those effects?.. sure can but im not going to when i can get those effects within linux. but some of the features should run ok under a 256MB Vid card, i dont see many people in the fedora forum using a top of the range Cpu ..or Vid card

another interesting read  about Windows Vista Firewall is Here ( click on link toread )

This post was edited on 04-27-2006 at 05:13 AM by Hank.
04-27-2006 04:18 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Animal
true sean but who can afford to buy a 512MB video card just to get all those effects?.. sure can but im not going to when i can get those effects within linux. but some of the features should run ok under a 256MB Vid card, i dont see many people in the fedora forum using a top of the range Cpu ..or Vid card

The people that can't afford to upgrade their hardware probably won't mind not seeing those special effects and they hardly can complain about not seeing them if they don't upgrade their hardware anyways :P. You can't expect microsoft to create new features that work on hardware years old perfectly.

quote:
Originally posted by Scone
I For one cant afford a whole new PC just to run Vista and have it look a bit better than XP..

Argh, does no one pay attention? Vista is not just XP with a facelift =/
Segosa is newb.
04-27-2006 11:11 AM
joemailey

38 / Male / –
quote:
Argh, does no one pay attention? Vista is not just XP with a facelift =/

so far it is because they removed half of the main features lol and also had to redesign the whole back end again but basically it does what XP does but looks different.

So far any way come tied with anti virus firewall spyware as well but then again its all free under XP and way :-)
04-27-2006 11:15 AM
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
it also comes with built in media center (vista ultimate), so thats another feature that vista has and not xp (except xp media center edition)
04-27-2006 11:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
joemailey

38 / Male / –
RE: RE: Windows Vista Build 5365 Released
quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
it also comes with built in media center (vista ultimate), so thats another feature that vista has and not xp (except xp media center edition)

Which will probably get removed because M$ are bundle'n there O/S with stuff and not given anyone esle a chance lol.

04-27-2006 11:40 AM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: