What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Adware in messenger Plus.

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
Adware in messenger Plus.
Author: Message:
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Adware in messenger Plus.
This is very strange. Being beta testers for Messenger Plus! we have to install the sponsor software aswell, and something like this happening is very strange indeed. I'm still honestly not convinced that it is Messenger Plus! that installed the adware on your system in the first place.

Like you said, you're "good" at computers, so then why did you install the sponsor in the first place? When it clearly explains what it is in the EULA.

(Sorry if I came across as rude in that last bit btw, I was just trying to prove a point).

Also:

I'm surprised nobody has offered this advice.

Download the latest version of Messenger Plus! from http://msgplus.net/download.php and run the installer. Make sure that you do install the sponsor software when doing this. Once installed, reboot your computer and go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and un-install the sponsor.

This post was edited on 05-17-2006 at 12:30 AM by user27089.
05-17-2006 12:27 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Fraser

O.P. RE: Adware in messenger Plus.
I allready did re-install.

As for installing the sponsor, I didn't realise, I thought I was doing a good thing giving support. Was tired and didn't read it properly.
05-17-2006 12:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor

Download the latest version of Messenger Plus! from http://msgplus.net/download.php and run the installer. Make sure that you do install the sponsor software when doing this. Once installed, reboot your computer and go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and un-install the sponsor.

He said he removed it properly...
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
05-17-2006 12:56 AM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Nagini
quote:
Originally posted by traxor

He said he removed it properly...
Apparently not ;) haha.... Well... I say let him be because he hasn't really listened to much of what we had to say... just complained about the sponsor... which he could've done in multiple threads...http://shoutbox.menthix.net/basicsearch.php?do=se...=&lookin=msg&sort=

This post was edited on 05-17-2006 at 02:07 AM by qgroessl.
05-17-2006 02:06 AM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
Hmm... I think he uninstalled it wrong, and that he also has many other spyware-adware problems :P
05-17-2006 02:23 AM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Nagini
Hmm... I think he uninstalled it wrong, and that he also has many other spyware-adware problems :P
Agreed.... my 10 year old cousin says he's good with computers.... Yet I think he's downloaded a few virus's and needed somebody else to reformat his computer for him.... at least twice ;) haha... Some people aren't as good as they think they are... I'll admit... I'm not too good with them... but I'm definately smarter than a lot of people.
05-17-2006 02:26 AM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by UTI
Some people aren't as good as they think they are... I'll admit... I'm not too good with them... but I'm definately smarter than a lot of people.

Same :)
05-17-2006 03:07 AM
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
If you have the newest version of Messenger Plus!, these popups should not be caused by the bundled adware. The sponser bundled with version 3.63.xx onwards has popups which should never require "clicking a cancel button 5 times" like you stated.

Your adware is most likely caused by something else, especially, as you stated considering that you have apparently removed all instances of the sponser already.
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

05-17-2006 10:23 AM
joemailey

38 / Male / –
Its Offical.

He said he has had these problems for about a year.

quote:
I got pop-ups for a year after they started almost a month after I installed messenger Plus. Of course I didn't associate it with the installation.

Good with computers nope not a chance, anyone who is good with computers does not have these problems ever.

I'm 20 worked with PC's since i've been 15  trained in M$ stuff. Would say i'm experienced and more than good enough with Windows XP at least.

And i have not had spyware or virus's for at least 2-3yrs(expect for blaster worm but everyone got that )

His spyware is not caused by Msgplus! because i for fact know patchou is not that stupid to include rubbish like that which will ruin a users computer.

If he was so good he would be wiping out files in C:\Windows folder and in C:\system & System32, also in temp internet files, Going through his program files removing rubbish that is no longer needed. (Usually in problems like this files buried in these folders that need to be removed)

Having hiding files turned on so he can see hiden folders(some programs hide them selves.

So if this has been going on for a year there would be program .exe running in background are something running that you dont need which will stop these if you where to end it and search you would fine it. There's always something on a case like this which will point to what is and where its coming from. And it isn't Plus sponsors.

Also Try safe mode then scan aggain it flags up lot more stuff usually.

This post was edited on 05-17-2006 at 02:46 PM by joemailey.
05-17-2006 02:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
While trying to help is good, I'm afraid I didn't read anything truly helpful until trax posted. Why it took that long to suggest the full removal instructions I'll never understand.

I think I'll PM the guy, try to explain everything fully, and offer some friendly advice.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
05-17-2006 04:42 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: