What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » MP3 Suggestions

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
MP3 Suggestions
Author: Message:
YourNeibour

48 / Male / Flag
O.P. MP3 Suggestions
Hey,

I need to buy and new MP3 player I thinking of getting the IPOD Nano 1 GB white one.  What do you guys think is the IPOD that good or is something else a better choice.  I don't mind the battery life being 15 hours because I only listen about 2 hours a day or less.   I'm going today so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
05-24-2006 04:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: MP3 Suggestions
Well i say yes!

I have an Ipod Nano 4GB and i love it... and i listen to it whenever im not at my computer!

but get a case for it as they seemed to get scratched very easily

This post was edited on 05-24-2006 at 04:58 PM by vaccination.
[Image: jumbled.png]
05-24-2006 04:58 PM
YourNeibour

48 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: MP3 Suggestions
Interesting.  So then why is everyone buy ipod if they are not that good?
05-24-2006 05:21 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

Everyone is buying ipods because they're fashionable, that's about it.

They make you use itunes aswell which is really annoying, so basically it messes up with your media library etc. Which is amazingly annoying.

I'd go for a cheap 1gb mp3 player, one that you just stick into your computer with a usb and drag the files you want on there onto it.
05-24-2006 05:25 PM
wj
Former Admin

I aim to misbehave.

39 / – / Flag
I've never had a problem with the three differnt iPod's I've owned. I even bought one for my Dad for his birthday as well as one to run the hold music at my work.

They are great little mp3 players, The only bad things I've heard are anti-apple sentament and alike.

The most common complaints:
They Scratch eaisly
Every MP3 Player I've ever owned has scrathed eaisly. Buy a little mylar protector for the screen, Adds an extra $10 but you eliminate the problem.

The battery doesnt last very long
Most MP3 Players with rechargable batteries dont last all that long. Given the iPod lasts someone less then other, Still, 10+ hours is more then enough for the longest plane ride. If that doesnt suffice, Just pickup an external power adapter or battery pack.

Your stuck with iTunes
It works. I cant say that about the mp3 players I've owned and there software or wmp. But if your really adamently aginst iTunes, You can always use winamp with a iPod plugin or if your using Linux, Banshee has native iPod support.

You can only buy music from ITMS
The iTunes Music Store is the largest online music store (for downloads that is) and has the best (if not close to it) pricing out there. Besides, the other services still restirct you to approved mp3 players which are ussually as expensive as an iPod. It's the whole Gillette Razors business model. Give away the razor, Sell the blades.

iTunes screws up your music library
Not if you tell it to leave your music alone. As long as your entire library isnt in WMA format, iTunes wont touch it. Besides, Even if it does, It's keeps everything nice a clean as well as properly organized.

I still recomend the iPod, Being the most stable and robust (Mine runs Linux :-P) mp3 player I've ever toyed with, I really wouldnt go back to the other companies. They have 80% of the mp3 player market share for a reason, and it's not because the iPod is fashonable. It's because it works.

This post was edited on 05-24-2006 at 05:34 PM by wj.
"A towel is about the most massively useful
thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have."
05-24-2006 05:29 PM
t1a0s

33 / Male / Flag
I agree, defniately go for an ipod, but if you're getting the nano buy a cover for it. I bought one just after they came out and I havent had any problems with it at all, gread piece of hardware.

Member since 7116 days, 23 hours, 12 minutes, 10 seconds ago.
05-24-2006 05:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
YourNeibour

48 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: MP3 Suggestions
do I HAVE to use Itunes if I buy an IPOD? I have mabye 500mb of songs that I wanna transfer over that I didn't buy from ITUNES just stuff I ripped from my CD Collection.
05-24-2006 05:51 PM
t1a0s

33 / Male / Flag
You dont have to use iTunes to listen to music on your computer, you just need to use it to put music onto your iPod, or you can also use Winamp with an iPod plugin. iTunes is a good music player and I've been very happily using it for a year now.

It's brilliant for an iPod as it was made to be used with an iPod, and they integrate seamlessly. It's the best thing to use if you update you iPod regularly.

This post was edited on 05-24-2006 at 05:58 PM by t1a0s.

Member since 7116 days, 23 hours, 12 minutes, 10 seconds ago.
05-24-2006 05:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
wj
Former Admin

I aim to misbehave.

39 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by YourNeibour
do I HAVE to use Itunes if I buy an IPOD? I have mabye 500mb of songs that I wanna transfer over that I didn't buy from ITUNES just stuff I ripped from my CD Collection.

They will most likely transfer over just fine. Just let iTunes find all your music and it should add it all to it's library automatically.
"A towel is about the most massively useful
thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have."
05-24-2006 05:57 PM
sufcste

Bring on the Premiership!

35 / Male / –
Apparent from the fact that the screen is prone to scratches, there is nothing wrong with iPods, except the price. An iPod nano is upwards of £100 for a few Gb, whereas you can get 20-30 Gb MP3 players for £120-220. I got a Philips HDD 120 from Ebay for £100, and it's ace! 20 Gb, inbuilt microphone, and the ability to record directly into it.
Meat Loaf 6400 days, 3 hours, 42 minutes, 10 seconds ago and in 6175 days, 3 hours, 42 minutes, 10 seconds ago!!! :D
05-24-2006 06:03 PM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: