What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Changing Boss Protection Icon????

Changing Boss Protection Icon????
Author: Message:
Fuzzles

30 / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  Changing Boss Protection Icon????
Hi

I was wondering how you change the icon for the boss protection?

I have tryed but failed could someone please give me the file location or tell me how?

Thanx(y)
05-25-2006 06:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Changing Boss Protection Icon????
1. In your Messenger main window (contact list), select the "Plus!" menu, and then select "Preferences...". A new window, called "Messenger Plus! - Preferences" will appear.

2. On the left side of the preferences window, click on "Privacy Protection". You will now see the Boss Protection settings.

There will be a small icon where it says "Messenger icon while hidden (click to change)". Click on the picture.

[Image: bop-1preferences.png]

Another box will appear, so click the browse button. Messenger plus can extract icons from DLL resources, or you can just use an icon (.ico) file. The easiest way is to use an .ico file which you can download from soms sites. eg. CrystalXP.
Just double click on the icon file, then OK and it will change the image.

Here are some other icons, made by Tochjo

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
I made some icons a while ago, representing a signed out Windows Messenger, a signed out MSN Messenger, and a transparent box (when in boss protection, it shows the taskbar colour like nothing is there - although you'll see a gap, of course).

Boss Protection Icons

The problem at the moment with the Boss Protection icon, is that when you want to change the icon extracted from the dll, you can only change the number after the comma, but you don't get a preview of the icon. This is probably what was confusing you. An easier way has been suggested, Boss protect icon selector, but i don't know when this will be happening.

This post was edited on 05-25-2006 at 09:40 AM by Zephyr.
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
05-25-2006 09:22 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: