What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » MSN Space Problems -any ideas?

MSN Space Problems -any ideas?
Author: Message:
Gin

~*~ Gin ~*~

37 / Female / –
O.P. MSN Space Problems -any ideas?
Hi all, was wondering if anybody could help me;

I like to take my camera along when I go out with friends and always upload the pics that I take to my msn space shortly afterwards so that they can all look at them. I've never had any problem doing this. But the last few days when I try to upload some that I took at the weekend, I can't do it; I can create a new album, but I can't add any photos to it because the "add photos" and "delete selected photos" buttons don't work. (By this I mean they aren't clickable links or whatever the technical name is!) They don't work if I try to edit an existing album, either.

I don't think I can have exceeded my upload limit because I'd imagine you'd get an error message if that was the case. So I'm not quite sure what's going on here...

Thanks for reading, any help appreciated. :)
[Image: b15.gif]
06-01-2006 10:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: MSN Space Problems -any ideas?
quote:
Originally posted by Gin
I don't think I can have exceeded my upload limit because I'd imagine you'd get an error message if that was the case. So I'm not quite sure what's going on here...
About how many total picture do you have on there?
06-01-2006 12:13 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
t1a0s

33 / Male / Flag
I've been having this problem the past few days aswell, maybe they're doing some sort of upgrade? Should work again soon though, it's happened to me before.

Member since 7112 days, 2 hours, 41 minutes, 21 seconds ago.
06-01-2006 01:02 PM
Gin

~*~ Gin ~*~

37 / Female / –
O.P. RE: MSN Space Problems -any ideas?
Thanks for the replies.

UTI I have about 1000 pics on there (they aren't huge, i usually stick to a resolution of 1m rather than 3 or 4!)

t1a0s... if others are experiencing the same problem then it's probably something do to with msn rather than my account specifically right? Especially if you've come across this before.

Anyway thanks for the help. :)

This post was edited on 06-01-2006 at 04:17 PM by Gin.
06-01-2006 04:17 PM
xJ +

A$$ple/Buttple xD

117 / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Gin
Thanks for the replies.

UTI I have about 1000 pics on there (they aren't huge, i usually stick to a resolution of 1m rather than 3 or 4!)

t1a0s... if others are experiencing the same problem then it's probably something do to with msn rather than my account specifically right? Especially if you've come across this before.

I e-mail for support from MSN before. And here's the reply from them.

quote:
Here are the possible reasons why you encounter issues:

-  the temporary Internet files or cache on the computer may be full
-  the security settings may be set to "High"

Have you tried clearing your browser's cache? The Temporary Internet Files folder contains recorded items you have seen or downloaded from the web. Storing these files in your cache can make browsing the web faster, but all those files take up space, which can cause performance problems. I suggest that you regularly clear the cache, as it will help improve your browser's performance.

To clear the temporary Internet files or cache and the browser history in Internet Explorer:

a. Click "Tools".
   b. Click "Internet Options".
   c. Click the "General" tab.
   d. Click "Delete Files" under "Temporary Internet Files". Select "Delete all offline content," and then click "OK".
   e. Click "Settings".
   f.  Select "Every visit to the page" option button under "Check for newer versions of stored pages", and then click "OK".
   g. Click "Clear History" on the "General" tab under History, and click "Yes".
   h. Click "OK".

I also advise you to check your Internet Explorer security settings.

a. Using Internet Explorer, click "Tools".
   b. Click "Internet Options".
   c. Click the "Advanced" tab and then scroll down to the "Security" section.
   d. Clear the "Warn about invalid certificates" check box.
   e. Click "OK".
   f. Under the "Security" tab, click "Default Level."
   g. Verify that the slider is set to "Medium". If it is not, click to select the slider and then move the pointer to "Medium".
   h. Click "OK".

Also, please check your computer if you downloaded a third party software (SpyWare, AdKiller, Gator, HotBar, etc.) as it may be conflicting with MSN Spaces. Microsoft does not support third party software and we recommend that you contact your network administrator or firewall manufacturer for set up instructions on how to enable all ActiveX controls for downloading and installing.
[/qoute]

here's another reply.

quote:
MSN Spaces is optimized for Windows XP operating system and works best in Internet Explorer 6.0 browser. MSN Spaces also relies on the new security features incorporated in the latest Internet Explorer. Without the new security features, you will not be able to perform some functions on MSN Spaces like creating albums, viewing and uploading photos.

Since Internet Explorer 7.0 is still on Beta stage, some features of MSN Spaces are not yet fully functioning on it. For the optimal customer experience with Spaces, it is suggested that you use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or later.

Those are the two replies from them.

This post was edited on 06-02-2006 at 06:07 AM by xJ +.
06-02-2006 06:04 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Gin

~*~ Gin ~*~

37 / Female / –
O.P. RE: MSN Space Problems -any ideas?
Ooooh, well reading their 2nd reply I think that may be the problem -I have downloaded the latest IE, I think it's the 7.0 which they said is still in beta, and although I generally use Firefox MSN does automatically open IE for my MSN space.

Thanks for that. :)
06-02-2006 12:50 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: