What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Status sticks on 'Away' after inactivity

Status sticks on 'Away' after inactivity
Author: Message:
harry888

O.P. Status sticks on 'Away' after inactivity
We are using Windows Live Messenger 2009 under Windows Server 2003. We use the option: Tools > Options > Personal > Status > "Show me as 'Away' when  I'm inactive for X minutes", which works OK, but sometimes when returning from inactivity, we cannot set the status back to 'Available' except by temporarily disabling the above option. How can we fix this?
09-17-2009 04:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
gaara20

RE: Status sticks on 'Away' after inactivity
Well i think there is no such "inactive" status on messenger 2009, only Away, but im not sure.

I remember in msn 8, when you set the "x minutes inactive" you would appear inactive to others and once you returned to windows it would go away.
Im guessing in 2009, the inactive appears as Away, so you must set you stauts to online again.
09-18-2009 06:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Status sticks on 'Away' after inactivity
It should happen automatically, it is most likely a compatibility issue between Server 2003 and WLM 2009.

Are you able to run in a compatibility mode and see if the problem exists?
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5186 days, 15 hours, 53 minutes, 33 seconds ago
09-18-2009 10:09 PM
harry888

O.P. RE: Status sticks on 'Away' after inactivity
We have tried running Messenger 2009 under Windows Server 2003 in Windows XP compatability mode, but the problem still occurs. The program correctly sets the status to 'Away' after X minutes, but when we return to the program, the status will not return to 'Available' either automatically or manually - if we click on 'Available' it immediately returns to 'Away', but if we temporarily disable the auto-Away option (turn it off and back on again), then the status will return to 'Available'.
09-24-2009 10:20 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: