What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [release] Music now playing

Pages: (70): « First « 23 24 25 26 [ 27 ] 28 29 30 31 » Last »
2 votes - 5 average   [release] Music now playing
Author: Message:
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
RE: [release] Music now playing
Ever since I have installed this script, WinAmp started crashing occasionally while I am listening to a stream. I cannot say for sure that now Playing is doing anything to WinAmp, but it has only occured while MSN is running, and only since NP was installed.

Using latest MSN/Plus
(stuffplug too, but the problems began before then)

This is the error I get:
[Image: bnftfk3h-WAerror.gif]
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
03-09-2007 12:46 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [release] Music now playing
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
well you can forget the whole downloadfile crapo it dont work, it would appear patchou hasnt built it correctly all that stupid thing does is crash your messenger into oblivian so its worthless as a feature.

now i know that may sound a bit harsh on patchou however when you consider how long it took him to develope this latest version of plus you would atleast expect that all included features would work properly, i always thought that patchou used beta testers to look for these kinda problems which in that case means one of two things must have happened.

1) patchou chosen a group of poor quality testers who failed to detect this bug

2) the testers did find it butpatchou didnt get time to fix it in time for the release but kept it in hoping nobody would notice it.

the reason i am being so hard faced about this is because patchou made a big deal on the site about how scripts had to be fully functional and tested before he would add them to his script database yet it seems that a not fully functional version of plus has been released to a poor and unsuspecting public which to me is rather hipocritical of him.
... I tested the downloadFile feature alot, it works fine for me, i just think you're an idiot and has some crappy firewall enabled

quote:
Originally posted by novolo

all of the album images stay in the "change your display picture" window....     every time a new album image is set  it stays in the images window....        in the previous version you got fewer album images but they didn't filled up that window...
er, I havent changed the method that adds the album art to messenger, afaik it always added it to the display picture window :(

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
Ever since I have installed this script, WinAmp started crashing occasionally while I am listening to a stream. I cannot say for sure that now Playing is doing anything to WinAmp, but it has only occured while MSN is running, and only since NP was installed.

Using latest MSN/Plus
(stuffplug too, but the problems began before then)

This is the error I get:
[Image: bnftfk3h-WAerror.gif]
scary, Ive added you to messenger. Could you post the stream (or send it via messenger)

* -dt- would like to find out what causes this problem
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
03-09-2007 03:10 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
the exact problem i get is i get a notification that now playing script needs updating to version 1.3.0 i get a window that lists the changes etc and has 2 buttons one marked "download" the other marked "disable updates" when i click the download button it freezes the program and causes messenger to crash according to this window these updates are downloaded by the downloadfile feature of messenger plus 4.20 so one would assume that is where the problem lies.

i am using the latest version of the mcafee internet security suite just incase that has any bearing on the issue i am using plus 4.20 and wlm 8.1 final on a windows xp pro with sp2 machine, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
03-09-2007 06:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [release] Music now playing
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
the exact problem i get is i get a notification that now playing script needs updating to version 1.3.0 i get a window that lists the changes etc and has 2 buttons one marked "download" the other marked "disable updates" when i click the download button it freezes the program and causes messenger to crash according to this window these updates are downloaded by the downloadfile feature of messenger plus 4.20 so one would assume that is where the problem lies.

i am using the latest version of the mcafee internet security suite just incase that has any bearing on the issue i am using plus 4.20 and wlm 8.1 final on a windows xp pro with sp2 machine, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
:-/ are you sure you are using 4.20, the alternative download method only happens on versions before that (alternative method freezes it)
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
03-09-2007 07:10 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
i am absolutely certain that i am using 4.20 as on march 1st i downloaded the copy on the downloads page which claims to be version 4.20 after reading patchous release announcement and i got the 9 built in scripts that one the scripting contest which are only supposed to exist in 4.20 so i am therefore assuiming i have the latest version, i haven't had chance to play about with 4.20's settings yet so if i upgraded from a previous version would it use its old settings if so where do i find the downloadfile feature enable tickbox?

if it wouldnt be a settings issue then could patchou please fix the problem and release a patch?
03-09-2007 12:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Mizery_Made

36 / Male / Flag
Love what you've done with the current update, love that you got the Album Cover's working with the Folder Image. :) Now, if only there was a way to solve the issue of a million 'Folder' images in your DP Selection window, Lol.

Keep up the terrific job, I would say that this is my favorite script by far.

This post was edited on 03-10-2007 at 11:44 AM by Mizery_Made.
Tech N9ne/Tek Nin - Noun:
Unparalled master of rhyme, scientific blend of technique and numerology

[Image: banner234x60.jpg]
03-10-2007 11:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
vip_uae

Heya....

i would like to ask about the JETAUDIO PSM

i am trying to place it on

but it seems to not work

is there a reason why ???????

thanks alot :)
03-10-2007 03:05 PM
qricth

thx for the script. i have downloaded but it doesn't working correctly. my player is jet audio version 6.2.4.7026 plusvx and script's version is 1.3. when i play a song there is only "-" in my personal message what can i do?
03-10-2007 09:08 PM
rock3r

Rat-fan

– / Male / –
i have a request (i dunno if anybody asked 4 it before): what about per-user settings? me and my brother share the same pc, but we have different contacts. i love album art feature, he doesn't. what actually happens is that everytime he logs in he finds that it's been enabled by me, and disables it; then, when i login, i have to re-update it--it's messy, and a bit annoying (i think it could be fixed just in a short time, but i don't have much spare time in these days). also, could the script reset automatically to the "old" personal image when no cover art is found and/or when music is stopped and/or when media player app (i use winamp, btw) is closed, and/or when logging out? i would really appreciate it.. thank you for the great script!!
03-11-2007 10:21 AM
Kenji
Veteran Member

Previously: Dazmatic, Dazzy, :zippy:

32 / Male / Flag
Hmm.. i cant download it.. Can someone upload it or something.. :sad:
03-12-2007 04:24 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (70): « First « 23 24 25 26 [ 27 ] 28 29 30 31 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »