What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [release] Music now playing

Pages: (70): « First « 25 26 27 28 [ 29 ] 30 31 32 33 » Last »
2 votes - 5 average   [release] Music now playing
Author: Message:
dslkpo

Undecided  RE: [release] Music now playing
This script is great... but i have a problem... the status bar doesn't refresh, it doesn't change at all, neither the time elapsed... I try using winamp and wmp and it's the same... I dunno what i'm doing wrong :S
Sry for my poor english i'm from Argentina... n' thx in advance... :)
03-14-2007 11:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
EDP

d^^b <3 music

34 / Male / –
RE: RE: [release] Music now playing
quote:
Originally posted by dslkpo
the status bar doesn't refresh, it doesn't change at all, neither the time elapsed

I have this problem too! I'm on iTunes. My PSM just updates once when a song starts. But when the next song is up, it goes back to the oldskool-WLM-style-now-playing PSM! What's causing this problem?

**edit

Oh: and some ideas, dunno if possible, but this script makes a lot possible already:

color support (rainbow command! etc.)
emo support (I'd like to add some (8) in my PSM etc.)
when this script gets to it's final stages, you should consider asking Patchou to make it a feature in Plus! This script is so great and it will be even greater when it's more or less finished... Patchou will have to accept it!

This post was edited on 03-15-2007 at 12:34 AM by EDP.
~EDP
03-14-2007 11:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
RE: [release] Music now playing
quote:
Originally posted by EDP
I have this problem too! ... What's causing this problem?
The PSM will only update when your music changes, or when the status (play/pause/stop) changes. The bar would have to be updated every second for it to do what you want. This would cause a lot of unnecessary traffic on your internet connection, sending your PSM every second. Not to mention everyone on your contact list as well.

quote:
Originally posted by EDP
The PSM doesn't support colour codes. This is a limitation of Plus!, not the script.
AFAIK
quote:
Originally posted by EDP

when this script gets to it's final stages, you should consider asking Patchou to make it a feature in Plus! This script is so great and it will be even greater when it's more or less finished... Patchou will have to accept it!
It already sort of is! This script is now bundled by default with the current version of Plus!

This post was edited on 03-15-2007 at 03:26 AM by MeEtc.
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
03-15-2007 03:25 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
quote:
Originally posted by EDP
The PSM doesn't support colour codes. This is a limitation of Plus!, not the script.
AFAIK
The psm does in fact support color codes, but they are only displayed in the contact list and not the actual input box which you type the psm in.
03-15-2007 03:29 AM
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by deAd
The psm does in fact support color codes, but they are only displayed in the contact list and not the actual input box which you type the psm in.
yes, but while the PSM has the music-blue colour too?
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
03-15-2007 03:31 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
EDP

d^^b <3 music

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
The PSM will only update when your music changes, or when the status (play/pause/stop) changes.

That's not really my problem. I really don't care too much about the bar. But my problem is the PSM text switching to the normal WLM music text everytime the next song is played. That annoys me and my contacts! Sometimes (not always) the PSM changes to the Music Now Playing text after about 10-30 seconds. But as I said: it doesn't always do that. That means that my PSM sometimes looks cool, but sometimes it's the plain ugly WLM PSM! :(

And the strange thing is that sometimes it works the way it should, but most of the time wrong.

Another idea:
The bar: update the bar every minute (WLM should be able to handle 1 PSM change per minute). What's the use of that cool bar if it doesn't update?
~EDP
03-15-2007 07:21 AM
rock3r

Rat-fan

– / Male / –
any idea for for-user settings? any help appreciated
03-15-2007 04:59 PM
qricth

where can i found version 1.2.5?
03-16-2007 11:13 AM
jell0r

38 / Male / –
Hi there,

This sure is a cool script, yet users will never cease to ask for more features, and I am no exception ;)

First, I'll join with the people that request some sort of update functionality for the PSM, so the bar or the time elapsed will stay accurate. It was suggested to update once every minute, but that wouldn't nearly be enough for tracks who's length is only 2 minutes (quite common for filmtracks). I don't know the maximum frequency with which the PSM can be updated, but I think it should be possible to calculate the update frequency dynamically, depending on the length of the track (and in case of the bar, also depending on the length of the bar). Consider for example this pseudocode:
code:
IF {bar} IN psm:
    x = song_length / bar_length
    update psm every x seconds
ELSE IF {elapsed} IN psm:
    x = MAX(10, MIN(60, song_length / 10))
    update psm every x seconds

Second, I'd like a tag {track}, that displays the tracknumber of the song. It might be desirable to optionally add a leading zero, but I doubt that would be usefull (after all, it's not like you need to align it with something else).
03-17-2007 01:00 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
Yeah the song number would be good. I still want support for video detection and the ability to not update the psm for videos.

Afaik, the psm is updated every 3 seconds :) So if the song is longer than 30 seconds, it should be pretty accurate :) An error of +/- 1 second on the bar in the psm is surely negligible ;)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
03-17-2007 03:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (70): « First « 25 26 27 28 [ 29 ] 30 31 32 33 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend