What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [release] Music now playing

Pages: (70): « First « 17 18 19 20 [ 21 ] 22 23 24 25 » Last »
2 votes - 5 average   [release] Music now playing
Author: Message:
E521

RE: [release] Music now playing
Hey thanks for the fast reply.  Its a shame but at least that explains why Jacob Diefenbach dosn't have a display picture :-)
01-07-2007 10:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [release] Music now playing
quote:
Originally posted by E521
Hey thanks for the fast reply.  Its a shame but at least that explains why Jacob Diefenbach dosn't have a display picture :-)
well, if you find a album art service which works better ill be happy to add it :)

Version 1.2.5
- added new player, Music Monkey
- changed where players live, they now are stored in the subdirectory "players" within the script directory
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
01-07-2007 11:58 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
moikiss

29 / Male / –
Wow it a really cool script and i also like the little monkey picture
01-07-2007 12:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [release] Music now playing
quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
quote:
Originally posted by warmth
is there any idea of put a musicmatch jukebox support available??? :-#
i was making a dll to do this, but i lost the source after formatting i might restart on it soon :)

Those are great news... (H)! I hope you get it ready soon!!! (Y) good luck!

Note: I can be your personal beta tester for this feature... PM me... :-#

This post was edited on 01-07-2007 at 02:42 PM by warmth.
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
01-07-2007 02:41 PM
norbie

Hello,

Great script, but I cannot get the /sendsong !sendsong or sharing folders functions to work with WMP11. All other bits are working fine.

Is WMP11 unsupported or am I doing something wrong?

Thankyou
01-07-2007 07:26 PM
E521

quote:
quote:
well, if you find a album art service which works better ill be happy to add it :)

Well Im not sure but it would seem that the best way to get any album art would be to ask the user to find it LOL.  I know not all album art is finderable on any website database, most still haven't heard of DJ JD (Jacob Diefenbach) which dont bother me at all, but I did find the album cover which is not published to any 'good' db that I am aware of.

So that would mean to me that the first thing I would do is place a image file (normally jpg/jpeg) in the folder called "album art.jpg".  Which I then delete all the stupid Windows Media Player stuff if I run that to play the music (I will if I use G-Force visuals)

So it would seem obvious the first place the script should look after all is in the same folder for the Album Art files, or if directed by user to look in a set folder where the user will move/copy all album covers into that Directory... however what to use as those titles can vary.

Now when it comes to scripts I have no idea how easy/hard/possible this would be to implement, but to me this should be possible after all if it can send the file to another user, it can find files on my hard drive thats in the same dir.

Second thoughts:
Im not sure of how WMP does this, but I know that it is able to attach files to the music clip.  So for example I add all the Album art, any pictual images of music clips to the individual music file.  Is it therefore able to find images found within the WMP attachment feature?
01-07-2007 08:41 PM
E521

quote:
Originally posted by norbie
Hello,

Great script, but I cannot get the /sendsong !sendsong or sharing folders functions to work with WMP11. All other bits are working fine.

Thankyou

I tried to see if I could get it to work, I was apperaing offline which might be the reason, but no comand worked with WMP - didn't have time to test if winAMP still worked.
01-07-2007 08:43 PM
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [release] Music now playing
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by norbie
Hello,

Thankyou

I tried to see if I could get it to work, I was apperaing offline which might be the reason, but no comand worked with WMP - didn't have time to test if winAMP still worked.

wmp doesnt support file transfer at the moment, ill be upgrading the plugin i use to support this soon though :)
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
01-08-2007 04:03 AM
Mizery_Made

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
its not based off winamp, it implements most of the winamp 2 api which is a quite old api.

anyway i should be able to create a plugin for its remote script api :)

Forgive me for my confusion. I don't know too much when it comes to apps and how they work. Like API's and such, I likely just seen so many references to it being compatible with WinAmp's Plugins, that I just assumed it was built upon WinAmp in some sort.

There's talk brewing about the new MM 3.0, which will be the next big release with alot of added features, alot of updates and such. So they may change the use of this API at that time. Though, not too much is revealed about 3.0, so until they release more info, or a beta... all there is, is speculation.

quote:
Version 1.2.5
- added new player, Music Monkey
- changed where players live, they now are stored in the subdirectory "players" within the script directory

*Bows* One small note though, it's MediaMonkey, though it really should be called Music Monkey as the current version (2.5) only supports music, Lol.

Anyway, seems to work perfectly. Solves alot of the problems I found when using the WInAmp to work around the unsupportedness of this player. The Status tag now works properly, aswell as it actually reports the information as "<artist>" - "<title>" rather then "<artist> - <title>"

Overall, very happy with this update, and I thank you much for it. Though, I did notice it doesn't seem to work with the Cover Display option. Unsure if this is due to the way I store that information, or if it's simply MediaMonley/Your Script not being compatible with this option. (which I wouldn't worry about since it's not a needed option for me, just an added bonus if it worked). Also while speaking of this function, (has probably already been discussed, but I simply forgot about it), when searching for an image to display when there's no Cover, you can't seem to choose a .jpg file. Anyway...

Is there something wrong with the automatic update? I don't recall getting a notice about an update, nor recall it updating itself without me noticing when you released the new version. Didn't know about it til I came here.

Either way, keep up the great work, this is by far my favorite script for WLM+MPL.

This post was edited on 01-08-2007 at 08:08 AM by Mizery_Made.
Tech N9ne/Tek Nin - Noun:
Unparalled master of rhyme, scientific blend of technique and numerology

[Image: banner234x60.jpg]
01-08-2007 08:07 AM
norbie

quote:
wmp doesnt support file transfer at the moment, ill be upgrading the plugin i use to support this soon though :)

Thanks, can't wait :)
01-08-2007 09:40 AM
Pages: (70): « First « 17 18 19 20 [ 21 ] 22 23 24 25 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: