What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [release] Music now playing

Pages: (70): « First « 64 65 66 67 [ 68 ] 69 70 » Last »
2 votes - 5 average   [release] Music now playing
Author: Message:
murko

54 / Male / Flag
RE: [release] Music now playing
I have read, and read, and cant figure out if ppl get the latest version to work with latest version WLM 2009 or not .......

Mine works in my own status, but if I add myself just to check, the "now playing status" only shows up either for just a second, then blank, or just with the "note-sign" telling me that something is playing, but not anything else.........

Any suggestions on what to do?
12-03-2009 11:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ps-gunkie

It works, but not 100%.
12-04-2009 06:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
murko

54 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [release] Music now playing
quote:
Originally posted by ps-gunkie
It works, but not 100%.

Well for me its 100% failure and always in the same mode aswell!

1 start playlist!
2. Output shos as artist - title for about 1-3 seconds, then just leave the "note-icon -"
3. Song change, and 1-3 second flicker in output, then again back to just showing "note-icon -"

4. Only way to actually get the output now, is to manually press PLAY one more time, restarting the song....
5. if 4 dont work, retry 4
6. if 5 dont work, retry 4
7. Havent gotten this far yet cause I often get it to work on #4 - #6:) But on the next song change we are back to number 3 again

So saying it works but not 100% is really really really pulling the thruth as far as its possible :D

This post was edited on 12-04-2009 at 07:27 PM by murko.
12-04-2009 07:25 PM
bman64

28 / Male / Flag
Sad  problem with the "Now Playing (1.3.4)" script
with this script it says it can show music playing in windows media player, winamp and itunes. The actual problem is when i have installed this add-on it disables everything on windows messenger, I cannot click on anything or type anything! Is there anyway to fix this?

cheers, bman64
12-04-2009 07:58 PM
metabound

i hope you can make for foobar2000 ^^
12-08-2009 01:00 PM
PrinceOfRomance

Disregard everything I posted before.

I asked a few friends if they could see what I was listening to, and everyone said yes. apparently, its only if you add yourself you can't see the music, Everything works great and correct now.
For those of you that have added yourself.. its just that one spot that doesn't display. if not. kill your computer =] cuz mine works...and i have vista... after editing the code as skii321 said. at line 237.

the other option also worked as well,(better) but they both actually work the same.. mind a few spaces =p

thanks everyone

edit: I think its ONLY one part in line 237 that needed changing, as said before the values are different in each version of the media player. so Perhaps instead of trying to fix anything, just create a Duplicate script to work with other media players version.
(I use winamp now, because WMP just doesnt shuffle for me at all.. and thats with 4500+ songs=])
all of your help has been appreciated, and I have tested all suggestions made. and all work. except for the (adding yourself and it not displaying correctly) it works fine. thanks again

This post was edited on 01-01-2010 at 09:41 AM by PrinceOfRomance.
12-31-2009 02:10 PM
psycho_maniac

37 / Male / –
i cannot get the fix to work. to changing line 237 :( anybody know how to actually do this? i edited it with msgplus and copied and pasted it into there, saved, closed msn messenger, opened it set to show what im listening to but no go. all i freaking want is
artist - title
here is a screenshot
you can see it shows it looking correcly in TWO spots but not where it really matters

[Image: Capture-msn-nowplaying.JPG]
edit: just to clarify

you can see it in the toast and in my personal display message but, i added myself in my msn messenger window as "Jerry F***ing La.., in the messenger window it does not show up. i even did the FIX.

This post was edited on 01-22-2010 at 10:00 PM by psycho_maniac.
01-22-2010 07:40 AM
Shiny Rabbit

oohhh shiny

– / Male / Flag
if you add yourself you won't see it on your own account, however, others will, look at this screenshot to see what I mean, when I took the screenshot I was listening to Meruto (Melt)

(the window on the right is me, the one on the left is my old account I only use for purposes like these)

[Image: nowplayingthing.th.png]

This post was edited on 01-26-2010 at 02:52 PM by Shiny Rabbit.
[Image: 202-3.png][Image: shinyhachunesig.png]

01-26-2010 02:47 PM
Sista K

Hi !

I updated recently from Windows 2000 to 7, and so from MSN 7.0 to the latest versions of WLM, Plus! and Winamp, so I'm not really familiar with the scripts...

I downloaded it, it said that the installation was successful, but when I try to configure it and find 'Now playing' in the menu under the Plus! logo in a conversation window as it says on the script's page, I just don't see it... I searched elsewhere but still didn't find it...

Am I blind or is there some sort of incompatibility with new releases ?
03-01-2010 10:36 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
Hi, welcome,

The script's page is a bit out of date. Now the way to access menus of scripts is through scripts icon on both contact list or conversation windows: [Image: icon_scripts_small.gif]
03-01-2010 10:55 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (70): « First « 64 65 66 67 [ 68 ] 69 70 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: