What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC!

Pages: (10): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 9 » Last »
2 votes - 4 average   Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC!
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC!
quote:
Originally posted by Poom
After downloading and testing it out for about 1 hour, I have to say that this new version is awesome! Despite the radical changes, many of which I don't enjoy and prefer the old way, it is still a big improvement overall.
Exaclty my reaction when I first saw the new (beta) build.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Some support:

But please remember, this thread is not for giving support. If you have questions or problems first search the forums for an already existing thread about the problem or question. If no such thread exists, create your own in the proper subforum.

quote:
Changes I do not like:

1. BB Code for formatting
Yeah, it is cleaner and more logical. Still, it takes more space and now there is no colour dialogue when I click Ctrl+K. There is the formatting button though, so this is not that bad, but I wonder if older versions will be able to view the formatting...
The color dialog is also something I miss....

Plus! 3 doesn't interpret the new BBCode format codes. Users of Plus! 3 will simply see the raw codes.

But you can set the type of codes used by Plus! Live though. For this go to Plus! > Preferences > Customize > Main. There you can change the setting to "Use IRC style format codes".

Setting this to IRC style makes that Plus! Live will use the old codes again and thus your contacts who still use Plus! 3 will be able to see the colors again.

quote:
4. Ctrl+Up Ctrl+Down instead of PageUp PageDown
I am just simply used to the old shortcuts and it would take me a while to change... >.> Why not an option to select the shortcut?
I agree on this. I find using PageUp/PageDn easier.

Dunno the real reasons why this wasn't included anymore. (the shortcuts aren't used by Messenger itself either so...)

quote:
5. Plugins are now out...
Stuffplug and Screenshot sender are what I love and I wonder if Scripts can fully replace these... They do not seem to be able to, in my opinion. There are plugins in the up coming builds of WLM though...
quote:
Originally posted by hello
i hope the live version of this, we can both use plugins and scripts
i miss the plugins :(
Script can fully replace plugins. In fact, there is no reason why you wouldn't be able to use external DLL files in the scripting engine. And this is also how you could port some old plugins into this new scripting engine: by creating a wrapper script.

Since the scripting engine is the well known JScript (and not something uniquely to Plus!) you can do almost everything with it. Especially since Patchou added the possebility to call external DLL functions, Window APIs etc.

For most plugins, it would be relative easy to recreate them with the new scripting engine.

Also note: The stuff which is introduced in Windows Live Messenger are called "addins", not "plugins"... Not such a big issue, but it is less confussing when the stuff is called by its proper name, so we all know about what we're talking about... Addins will be Microsoft's answer on developping your own stuff for Messenger. However there are some serious limitations with addins. For example you will never be able to run more than one at the same time.

quote:
There are a lot more that I like though:

1. (...) but what about turning messages received to another message? My friend would die because he hates abbreviation like lol and turned them to haha instead. (Weird person, I know...)
Again scripting comes to the resque. You can do all that (and many many things more) with the scripting engine.

In fact, quicktext and wordfilters and such could also have been created with the scripts.

Granted, you need a small bit of programming knowledge, but that shouldn't be a big problem seeing how easy it is to get started. And I bet sooner or later someone will make a small script which does just that.

quote:
Originally posted by Panzer Dragoon
i have tried to download plus live almost everywere but no matter what it does not let me use the functions... the only thing it lets me do just now is look at it
(...)
if anyone has a reason to why this has happened please let me know because i have posted in the help threads
(...)
Since you've created your own thread about this problem (which is the right thing todo (y)), do not crosspost this issue anymore. This announcement thread is normally not meant for giving support to questions...

It would become a big confussing mess if everyone starts to post their problems in this thread and no proper support can be given here anyways.

quote:
also when i downloaded the file from the official site my antivirus detected multiple trojans inside it :-(
This is the big old issue that exists since as long as the sponsor program exists and nothing new (though it might scare some people it is absolutely nothing to worry about; there are no trojans nor other virusses in Plus!).

Plus! comes with an optional sponsor program. Many anti-whatever programs do not make a distinction between adware, spyware and virusses or at least making a distinction between the various levels of adware, etc.

The sponsor is optional and is adware. Because it is optional it is never ever forced upon a computer without the explicit agreement of the user. Some anti-virus programs detect this as being a trojan. However, this is absolutely not the case, the sponsor is adware, nothing more. It are those anti-virus programs which don't do their job properly and scare people by giving false alarms.

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
The Messenger Plus! Babe is resting in her castle.
Time for the queen of folk for another photoshoot with the new merchandize? :p

quote:
i am sorry to say but i have tried this and it has not solved the problems  i am having :-(

here is a link to my thread about the problem
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61...d=674317#pid674317
Please stick to that thread. Also, be patient. When a problem like that is presented it is normal it isn't fix within the minute.

quote:
Originally posted by Banner
Patchou do you know when it will be translated Turkish?
Please stick to the thread about this: "No Turkish translation in MsgPlus Live?"

quote:
Originally posted by -50CeNT-
but how can i make my nick with colour?
Just as you would before. Simply use the /nick or /name command:

http://www.msgplus.net/help_tutorials.php?tut=multi-format-colors

This post was edited on 06-25-2006 at 09:35 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-25-2006 09:19 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Zahid™

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC!
Great job (Y).
[Image: Zahid.png]
06-25-2006 09:19 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC!
quote:
Originally posted by -50CeNT-
nice :D

it works good

but how can i make my nick with colour?

In a chat window do the following:
[list=1]
[*]Type /nick <space>
[*]Press the Format Panel button on the bar in the conversation window
[*]Select you colour
[*]Type <your nickname> where the cursor is
[*]Press Enter or Send
[/list]

To change you PSM (Personal Message), do the same as above, but instead of typing /nick type in /psm

Note:
  • Where it says <space> press Spacebar on your keyboard
  • Replace <your nickname> with the text you want in your nick name
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
06-25-2006 09:22 AM
Varish

36 / Male / –
Great work Patchou, Love the Scripting feature!
[Image: sig.png]
06-25-2006 09:33 AM
JetLi

46 / Male / –
Hi Patchou
great work :P:o)
My Birthday is in 6303 days, 12 hours, 47 minutes, 12 seconds ago
06-25-2006 10:04 AM
vinga_furios

Grin  RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC!
[size=2][color=red](Y)very good patchou i was up all night just to get plus live i love`t www.drift2.com/myspace/uploads/nfs.jpg
06-25-2006 10:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
vinga_furios

Grin  RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC!
(H)very nice way to make messenger alive good work patchou(Y)

This post was edited on 06-25-2006 at 10:28 AM by surfichris.
06-25-2006 10:20 AM
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
Congratulations Patchou!
Reisyboy: He is the priest to guide us from evil.. which isn’t working… so we call him Frier Tuck
06-25-2006 10:25 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Death001

the end of the world is coming

33 / Male / –
Its finally Here. YAY!!!
06-25-2006 10:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
theguy

Text not Found

32 / Male / –
Good job Patchou. Another good release. Well worth it, in my opinion.

theguy

This post was edited on 06-25-2006 at 10:55 AM by theguy.
6487 days, 12 hours, 17 minutes, 12 seconds ago
06-25-2006 10:55 AM
Pages: (10): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: