What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC!

Pages: (10): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
2 votes - 4 average   Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC!
Author: Message:
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC!
Heya,

after a bumpy ride during the first couple of hours following the release (way too many people trying to access the site), the site should finally be accessible to everybody. It took a long time but I’m glad I was able to keep my promise and release Messenger Plus! Live soon after Windows Live Messenger, along with its new web site. Messenger Plus! Live 4.00 is finally available to everybody who’s using the new Messenger client from Microsoft. A big thank you to all the people who supported the development since last November, including, but not limited to, the graphic designers, the testers, the translators and the forum helpers.

For a “first” version, I honestly think it’s as good as it could be. I still regret not being able to add the Quick Icons panel back in time but well, this will make future updates more interesting to everybody :). Messenger Plus! Live marks the beginning of a new generation of Messenger add-ons, blending in the interface of Messenger and providing the proper tools to developers who want to add their own features thanks to the new scripting engine.

Once you’ll have downloaded and installed the new Messenger Plus!, make sure to come back and get some of the scripts that are already in the database, courtesy of the beta testers :). Control Messenger with voice commands, manage your RSS feeds, make details search on the web… and this is just the beginning. The Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Engine lets people customize their Messenger in details, with very simple commands. Even non developers can benefit from it to create (with some help) the one option they’ve always wanted in Messenger or by downloading simple self-installing scripts from databases such as the one on this site.

Experience the new features of Messenger Plus! Live now, have fun with the scripts, and have a terrific summer! This web site is still pretty new and some things (like a proper translation) are still missing but we’re working on it! We will monitor the upgrade closely to make sure you all get the best experience possible. If needed, updates will be posted in a timely manner. Thank you ALL for your incredible support, I sincerely hope you will be satisfied with what you’ll see and remember to post your feedback on the forum, we’re here to listen :).

Patchou
[Image: signature2.gif]
06-25-2006 05:04 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC!
great job patchou,

just a few site errors here you can fix when you get around to it
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61103

go ahead and take a break, you deserve it
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6620 days, 13 hours, 44 minutes, 41 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
06-25-2006 05:06 AM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Patchou you know what everyone is going to say so I don't have to say it ;-)

fiiiiine :P

You are doing a awsome job (y)
06-25-2006 05:08 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MX-G

34 / Male / Flag
right, great job Patchou, nice design, and congratulations for your hard work ^^ :D
06-25-2006 05:08 AM
doug2k2

go sens go!!!

38 / Male / –
Yup great job wish i could get it working but great job on the site and everything.
06-25-2006 05:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
dylan!

l33t p4int3r

– / Male / Flag
I love the new design!:O... great job Patchou(Y) You've done it again;)
06-25-2006 05:10 AM
user44571
Disabled Account

You did a great job Patchou :D

It was heaps of fun testing Plus!
06-25-2006 05:12 AM
Poom

Ya-Ha!!!!

33 / Male / –
After downloading and testing it out for about 1 hour, I have to say that this new version is awesome! Despite the radical changes, many of which I don't enjoy and prefer the old way, it is still a big improvement overall.

Changes I do not like:

1. BB Code for formatting
Yeah, it is cleaner and more logical. Still, it takes more space and now there is no colour dialogue when I click Ctrl+K. There is the formatting button though, so this is not that bad, but I wonder if older versions will be able to view the formatting...

2. Preferences categorize different features in a new way
Although I like the new categories, which is not messy like the old one now, it is hard for me to find what I'm looking for. For example, I would think Sound would be in conversation and polygamy in customize, etc. The preference is a lot cleaner though, although it does take more space.

3. No emoticon window!
=O I thought this would be the easiest to implement.... Well, it is something that I used most often in Plus!, I am sure this is for other users as well. It will be back in the next build, so that's ok... (It should be in every build though. =P)

4. Ctrl+Up Ctrl+Down instead of PageUp PageDown
I am just simply used to the old shortcuts and it would take me a while to change... >.> Why not an option to select the shortcut?

5. Plugins are now out...
Stuffplug and Screenshot sender are what I love and I wonder if Scripts can fully replace these... They do not seem to be able to, in my opinion. There are plugins in the up coming builds of WLM though...

There are a lot more that I like though:

1. Old features that are similar to each other are combined!
Boss Protection and Messenger Lock always made me thought they should be combined to a feature, as well as Filter and Quick text, and so on. Now, they are combined! This seems a lot more logical now, but what about turning messages received to another message? My friend would die because he hates abbreviation like lol and turned them to haha instead. (Weird person, I know...)

2. Features become more advanced
Floating contacts get more choice of colors. Notifications get more choice too, as well as other features. I am loving these new options. =D This wins me a lot of points

3. New formatting button in conversation windows
I thought that this would be cool when using 3.6 and now it is added. =D

4. Logging can now be in XML.
This is completely awesome! Now, I can see handwrites and emoticons!

This post was edited on 06-25-2006 at 05:43 AM by Poom.
06-25-2006 05:17 AM
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Poom
1. BB Code for formatting
Yeah, it is cleaner and more logical. Still, it takes more space and now there is no colour dialogue when I click Ctrl+K. There is the formatting button though, so this is not that bad, but I wonder if older versions will be able to view the formatting...
both formats are supported in plus! live, so you can go back to the other style
quote:
Originally posted by Poom

3. No emoticon window!
=O I thought this would be the easiest to implement.... Well, it is something that I used most often in Plus!, I am sure this is for other users as well. It will be back in the next build, so that's ok... (It should be in every build though. =P)
its coming, remember how big the program is, its been recoded from scratch
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6620 days, 13 hours, 44 minutes, 41 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
06-25-2006 05:20 AM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
nice :D