What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » help with error code 80072efd

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
help with error code 80072efd
Author: Message:
chuck_str

35 / Male / –
O.P. help with error code 80072efd
i get this error on my m8s msn when he trys to log in and its to do with the keyports theres no firewall installed on the pc so its no it and i have slected autodect the lan settings the service provider is aol and also he cant sigin into the online msn as it comes up page cantnot be displayed plz help
06-25-2006 05:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
RE: help with error code 80072efd
quote:
If you can't sign in to MSN Messenger, the connection settings in MSN Messenger might be preventing you from connecting to the Microsoft® .NET Passport or Microsoft® .NET Messenger Service. The MSN Messenger Connection Troubleshooter can often find and fix these problems. The Connection Troubleshooter starts automatically if MSN Messenger encounters a connection problem. If you choose not to use the Connection Troubleshooter, or it does not solve your connection problem, try the following:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Options.
   2. In the left pane, click Connection.
   3. Under Connection Settings, click Test Connection.

If you agree to allow the Connection Troubleshooter to examine your system, it will test for connection problems and report steps you can take to correct them.
   4. Optional: Perform advanced troubleshooting

To troubleshoot your specific type of connection, click Advanced Settings. On the Advanced Connection Options dialog box, check that the settings for your particular connection type are correct. To test your connection, click the Test button. Click OK, and then click OK.
   5. Click OK.

When you choose these settings, MSN Messenger will use the Microsoft® Internet Explorer connection settings if possible.
   6. Try signing in to MSN Messenger again.

06-25-2006 05:40 PM
chuckstr

i tried what you said but it is still unable to connect even the online messenger service from msn will not log in
06-28-2006 02:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
Lets see what Microsoft has to say -
quote:
To resolve this error, you have to register the Msxml3.dll file on your computer.

1. Click Start, click Run, type %windir%\system32\regsvr32 %windir%\system32\msxml3.dll, and then click OK.
   2. Click OK.
   3. Try to sign in to MSN Messenger again.

06-28-2006 03:30 PM
Reload2

-> The second Reload <-

31 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by http://stiggy.be/msn/index.php/Error_Codes%287%29
    * Check the msn messenger status page to see if it a problem with the messenger servers. If the service is not running allow it time to fix itself.
    * If there are no reported problems on the MSN servers, see if your proxy settings are correct: click "Tools" and then "options" at your MSN Messenger main window. In the options screen click "Connection" in the list to the left. Next, click the "Advanced Settings..." button. If you (likely) do not use a proxy server, try unchecking all the checkboxes except the one labeled TCP and see if you can connect now. (You might have to fully close and start Messenger again before retrying to connect)

If you are on a large network, the network administrator can probably tell you if you should have proxy settings in Messenger.

* In Internet Explorer: click Tools, then Internet Options, select the "connections" tab. Try unchecking (if checked) "Use a proxy server for LAN" and check "Automatically detect settings.". This should enable both Internet Explorer and MSN Messenger to automatically find the best way to connect to the Internet.
06-28-2006 03:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
chuck_str

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: help with error code 80072efd
thanks people for your help but its still not working i dont have a clue whats goining with it
06-30-2006 09:36 AM
bobcagen

I also have tried all of this and I cannot connect. Same error message

Also when I troubleshoot it says my gateway appears to be offline. I do the fix and the same thing happens

This post was edited on 08-02-2006 at 01:20 AM by bobcagen.
08-02-2006 01:16 AM
bobcagen

Bump....anyone?
08-15-2006 02:20 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
The fixes are posted above. You might be doing something wrong, make sure your doing every step right.

Search Google
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
08-15-2006 02:38 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chocolatino

Money=Motivation

30 / Male / Flag
Huh?  RE: help with error code 80072efd
im having the same problem but my error is 80072ee7 and it also says my gateway is offline and wen i press fix it stays the same.
[Image: untitled2nk3.png]
11-11-2006 07:03 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: