What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » A lot of functions lost... :'(

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
A lot of functions lost... :'(
Author: Message:
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: A lot of functions lost... :'(
Some of the features you mention in this thread will definitively be back, I'm still working around the clock to make sure you don't miss them for too long. Remember that Plus! Live was recreated from scratch and I didn't want to postpone the public release much longer.
[Image: signature2.gif]
06-26-2006 05:22 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
watchout

38 / Male / –
It's good to hear some of the named features will return..

I would just like to note that also I am missing the two features mentioned in this thread.

The shortcut for personal statuses and the "add original name to nickname" which allowed me to see the original names as well...

You did a great job either way patch, looking forward to the progress of MP!L
06-26-2006 10:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
~*McoreD*~

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by AamirJ
You can see their names by right clicking your contact, clicking on edit nickname, and then deleting the nickname

Plus! > Contact List Clean Up also works. :)

IMO Patchou shouldn't bother introducing similar functions.
Don’t say CD’s to say more than one CD. It is CDs.
A 200 GB hard disk has capacity for 186 GiB of data
International standard date notation is YYYY-MM-DD
06-26-2006 02:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
tbcat

I miss (among other things) the option to know if the contact has plus and the "otaku patchou photo" when you typed "/patchou" (as an anime fan myself :P)

Patchou is just not him without Osaka :P
06-26-2006 07:08 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by tbcat
I miss (among other things) the option to know if the contact has plus
This was never included in the previous version either simply because this is an invasion on the contact's privacy.

If your contacts don't want you to know they have Plus!, you also shouldn't be able to still get that info.

If you want to know if your contacts have plus you can use the /ping command. If their is a response your contact might have Plus! installed (or another addon which responses the same way). But do note that if nothing is returned it doesn't automatically mean they don't use Plus!, it might well be possible that they have turned off the response to the /ping command.... This will also not be automated.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-26-2006 07:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
tbcat: true, that's why Osaka is now on msgpluslive.net directly :)
[Image: signature2.gif]
06-26-2006 07:38 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
tbcat

RE: RE: A lot of functions lost... :'(
hehe, I hadnīt seen it :P

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by tbcat
I miss (among other things) the option to know if the contact has plus
This was never included in the previous version either simply because this is an invasion on the contact's privacy.

If your contacts don't want you to know they have Plus!, you also shouldn't be able to still get that info.

If you want to know if your contacts have plus you can use the /ping command. If their is a response your contact might have Plus! installed (or another addon which responses the same way). But do note that if nothing is returned it doesn't automatically mean they don't use Plus!, it might well be possible that they have turned off the response to the /ping command.... This will also not be automated.

I was talking about that ping option, in plus 3.??? it was in contact info window... I didnīt know you could use it manually by typing /ping, thanks ;)

All the same, by using this command, previous plus versions could save the answer in the contact info window, so that you didnīt have to use ping again if you forgot... It would be great to see this feature come back :)

This post was edited on 06-26-2006 at 08:24 PM by tbcat.
06-26-2006 08:18 PM
dreamerboy

Hey

Hope some options will be back soon cause i cant stay with live messenger without the IRC commands ( / online, / away, / nick etc ).

Also, I noticed that when I have more than 1 person in a tabbed chat ( exemple : P1 and P2) , when i minimize the window  when i was talking to P1, and that P2 talks afterwards, in the taskbar, its the P1 name blinking.
With msn 7.5 + Messenger Plus, it was switching to the name of the talking person, and therefore, by clicking on it, i was directly in the chat with the right person ( i hope you see what i mean).

I also have a problem since it seems like the Auto accept file doesnt work :/
I think I ll re-intsall msn 7.5 for some time :P

Ah ... last question ... does Live Messenger has file resuming feature ?
Or do you have to turn on the sharing folder option for it ?
Cause if the other person doesnt have live messenger, u cant send a file if your folder sharing feature is activated ...

Again, disapointed by MS ( im used to it) cause features present in ICQ 1999 are STILL not here.
Instead of that, you got new design, new smileys etc ... => useless stuff.... its sad  in a way ... dont you think?

Anyway, thanks for reading and advices,
Bye,
Dreamer
06-26-2006 11:15 PM
JAB Eassplus

– / Male / –
is it possible to do a command like "/xchatname" that comes with stuff plug? I love that command.... cos you can have a nick only for conversation windows , diferent from your display name in contacts window.

Sorry for my english :P
06-27-2006 01:26 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: