What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » The open/closed window notifier feature

Pages: (26): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 9 » Last »
The open/closed window notifier feature
Author: Message:
segosa
Community's Choice

RE: RE: The open/closed window notifier feature
quote:
Originally posted by djnerve
posted the wrong code again sorry here we go

function OnEvent_Initialize(MessengerStart)
{
}
function OnEvent_ChatWndDestroyed( [object] ChatWnd );
var Message = "Fine! Leave Then!";
Message = MsgPlus.RemoveFormatCodes(Message);
wnd.SendMessage("test" + Message);
}
function OnEvent_Uninitialize(MessengerExit)
{
}

... OnEvent_ChatWndDestroyed is when YOU close the conversation window.
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
06-26-2006 08:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Jellings

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by al2002
Lol good point. Well like I said I'm still using MSN7/Plus3 so can't run any tests just yet, and also I don't really know how to code, so i'll leave that in everyone else's capable hands. Having said that I wish I could mess around with the code, so I should really learn :P

(kinda off topic but it might help with your MSN7/Plus 3 problem, resulting in you being able to code scripts, ultimately leading to this helping with the topic:
you can run MSN 7 and WLM at the same time if you rename the time if you rename the MSN 7 folder first see this mess.be forum post for more info, enabling you to be able to keep your MSN 7 stuff but run WLM+MP!L  when you want)

This post was edited on 06-26-2006 at 08:53 PM by Jellings.
[Image: Jellings.png]

[Image: ++++-+Click+Here+-.png]
06-26-2006 08:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
pollolibredegrasa

formerly fatfreechicken

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
There are no events for when your contact closes the conversation available through scripting, for this you need to access the messenger protocol directly.

;p

[Image: chickennana.gif] Vaccy is my thin twin! [Image: chickennana.gif]
06-26-2006 08:27 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: The open/closed window notifier feature
quote:
Originally posted by segosa
CookieRevised, are you saying that if someone opens a conversation with you, there's only a 50/50 chance that you'll get a notification about it?
I'm saying that if I get a notification it is only 50/50 (or whatever number of chance) that it is legit. Hence you have no idea if that notification was correct or not. The only way to know if it was correct is to ask your contact and when that contact doesn't lie to you.

In other words, such notifiers do NOT work as it would be the purpose of the notifiers to inform you. What is the use of a notifier which notifies you about something which you always must verify manually yourself?

which I know you also perfectly know well

This post was edited on 06-26-2006 at 08:31 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-26-2006 08:28 PM
djnerve

!-STE06-!

34 / Male / –
yea i cant see how its possible now until their is a event for if the contact closes the chat.
06-26-2006 08:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
segosa
Community's Choice

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by segosa
CookieRevised, are you saying that if someone opens a conversation with you, there's only a 50/50 chance that you'll get a notification about it?
I'm saying that if I get a notification it is only 50/50 (or whatever number of chance) that it is legit.

which I know you also perfectly know well

In that case, I can see why they can still be useful.

If you get a notification that James has opened your conversation, whether or not he actually has, it still gives you an early warning. You know that either he's about to message you, he just looked at your contact card, or it's just random.

Even though he may never message you because he never actually opened your conversation, it still lets you know that there's a chance that person might message you. If you're trying to avoid talking to someone and that happens, you can probably change your status or block him before he messages you (if he was about to, either way, no harm done.)
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
06-26-2006 08:32 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
That might be a use for it, but that does not mean that such notifiers actually work as in: "they still do what they are suspose to be doing"... because they don't.

This is the same old story as with the so called "block checkers". Block checkers do not work either (as everybody knows by now... I hope :dodgy:), but they can be 'used' for checking if there is a chance that someone is online (you will never know for certain as a contact may be online while the "block checkers" report he is not).

----------------

And for all those others in this thread... Do some research instead of "debating" about this. All this stuff I've said is already known since MSN Messenger 7.0 was released a few years ago. Many threads have been posted about it, and not only on this Plus! forum, but on every other Messenger related forum in existance (almost). So, please go search and read them first.

Start here:
http://www.stuffplug.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=297
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=60...d=657956#pid657956
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=59974
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=52372
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=31865

Which includes posts of the creator of StuffPlug, posts of the creator of Messenger Plus!, posts of people who know the messenger protocol inside-out and other people who know what they are talking about....

I know I sound very harsh in this thread, but if it has to be repeated 5641564164 times that something does not work like you think it works, it gets very frustrating. Again, this is not my 'opinion', it is a fact, it is how the messenger protocol works, accept it....

quote:
Originally posted by djnerve
yea i cant see how its possible now until their is a event for if the contact closes the chat.
such an event will unfortunatly never be added because of all the reasons I've said.

This post was edited on 06-26-2006 at 09:09 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-26-2006 09:04 PM
whYeNQue

thats me (",)

41 / Male / –
we have never DOUBTED the FACT that you have stated that it does not always work cos of the 'ghost/fake popups/notifications'

but the pure ignorance shown by yourself that someone else might wish to use it for various personal reasons and your purely egomaniacal wish to have the end-all and be-all of posts is really insensitive to members of the forum

we all really appreciate your posts and input, but showing your pure frustration and attempts at manipulating of the discussions is unfortunate

you might see this as useless, but others dont. i think wars are useless... but thats just my opinion
06-26-2006 09:56 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
djnerve

!-STE06-!

34 / Male / –
i wounder if patchou would ever add it for us[Image: bananasex.gif]
06-26-2006 10:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
lizard.boy
Veteran Member

33 / Male / Flag
I agree that it is in no way accurate, but you could sometimes pick out when it is actually someone opening a conversation and surprise them. I'vehad lots of fun doing that.
06-26-2006 10:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (26): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: