What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » The open/closed window notifier feature

Pages: (26): « First « 8 9 10 11 [ 12 ] 13 14 15 16 » Last »
The open/closed window notifier feature
Author: Message:
cloudhunter

36 / – / –
RE: The open/closed window notifier feature
Jesum Crowe... Why not just leave it as "It doesn't work reliably" and leave it at that? Cookie, If they want to make it just let the babies make their cake. It wont be a feature of messenger plus, it would just be a feature of a script. Whether it works reliably or not, there is no harm in people making it. Let them knock theirselves out. I for one am getting fed up of all the flaming here, I wish a mod would kindly CLOSE this topic, no matter what people say because it is getting rediculous...

Cloudy
[Image: cloudy.jpg]
Sig by pirateok/marisaok/marisa ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Moulin Rouge
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return

6696 days, 10 hours, 45 minutes, 15 seconds ago
06-28-2006 12:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djnerve

!-STE06-!

35 / Male / –
RE: RE: The open/closed window notifier feature
quote:
Originally posted by cloudhunter
Jesum Crowe... Why not just leave it as "It doesn't work reliably" and leave it at that? Cookie, If they want to make it just let the babies make their cake. It wont be a feature of messenger plus, it would just be a feature of a script. Whether it works reliably or not, there is no harm in people making it. Let them knock theirselves out. I for one am getting fed up of all the flaming here, I wish a mod would kindly CLOSE this topic, no matter what people say because it is getting rediculous...

Cloudy

well that was aload of :spam:

did you need to say that? no
has it already been answerd? yes

just stfu and let us play god damnit! this thead needs cleaning up with all ur pointless FACTS
06-28-2006 12:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
King Of Chaos

– / Male / Flag
Completely pointless thread indeed.
06-28-2006 02:52 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
cloudhunter

36 / – / –
Excuse me, but I for one have no problem with this being created. I say go for it. So watch who you attack first. The message I put was just saying, if people wan't to create it they can.

So try not to alienate people on your side with an attitude? Thanks.

Cloudy
[Image: cloudy.jpg]
Sig by pirateok/marisaok/marisa ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Moulin Rouge
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return

6696 days, 10 hours, 45 minutes, 15 seconds ago
06-28-2006 10:36 PM
emeed

– / Male / –
I was reading another thread that said it's done by packetsniffing the BYE and IRO command and not the api.
Something I don't get. Now the IRO command I don't know but the one you get before that, the RNG one. That's only an invite to join a switchboard session. I believe there is a session event in the msn api that speaks of this invite. The problem with this is that with an IRO you're sure that there is a connection while with the RNG you don't know if the connection failed or succeeded.

This post was edited on 06-30-2006 at 03:20 PM by emeed.
06-30-2006 03:19 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
yep, but the command you can snif for, is also send when contacts view your DP, contact card, and that sort of stuff. Back in the time of MSN Messenger 6, the IRO command was only and exclusivly used when a contact opened a chatwindow (that is, it was also when the contact opened a connection, just as it is now. But now a connection is also made in other events, hence why you get false notifications and there is no difference to indicate if they are for a chat-connection or a DP-connection (so to speak)).
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-30-2006 04:35 PM
emeed

– / Male / –
RE: RE: The open/closed window notifier feature
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
yep, but the command you can snif for, is also send when contacts view your DP, contact card, and that sort of stuff. Back in the time of MSN Messenger 6, the IRO command was only and exclusivly used when a contact opened a chatwindow (that is, it was also when the contact opened a connection, just as it is now. But now a connection is also made in other events, hence why you get false notifications and there is no difference to indicate if they are for a chat-connection or a DP-connection (so to speak)).

For the love of God and all that is holly. Shut up.

Edit: and I need to know why anyone would packetsniff if it was available through the api. If the previous versions did it without the api then my claim is false because it would be much easier the other way.
If it's in the api then it would be alot easier. I also saw the itunes script in +live use an api call. (for the scriptversion of the plugin, it's maybe easier external)

This post was edited on 06-30-2006 at 04:49 PM by emeed.
06-30-2006 04:43 PM
whYeNQue

thats me (",)

41 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by emeed

that is totally uncalled for, cookie was only trying to explain what packet sniffs were...

maybe there should be a popup saying 'User has sniffed your packet' :P
06-30-2006 05:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: The open/closed window notifier feature
quote:
quote:

and what is the problem? I simply explained in more detail the IRO and BYE commands. This is a support forum, I give support.
quote:
Edit: and I need to know why anyone would packetsniff if it was available through the api.
It isn't available thru the API. research your stuff before you shout to people to shut up.... thank you...
quote:
I also saw the itunes script in +live use an api call.
Which has absolutely nothing todo with this.

----------------------------

EDIT: (here because I don't want to bump this thread anymore as everything has been said already 6541641 times in the past; people have already made and even publizised sourcecode for all this in the past, etc, etc, etc, etc... all you need todo is some little (re)search and accept the stuff said)
quote:
No it's not, it's the same thing over and over. Every thread, every post of you. The limits of those commands on that level have nothing to do with my problem.
They have everything todo with your problem.
quote:
I don't need to hear "it isn't reliable" with every post. It's already discussed and I want to move on.
I didn't mention 1 letter about it being unreliable in that post. It is not me who is biased here and tries to stall things it seems...

Look up the word "biassed" btw. It means you have a opinion about something without knowing the whole story. To bad I do NOT have an opinion about all this to begin with, as what I've said in this entire thread are simple and already widely known facts.

But if you find my help useless and biassed (while I only give facts, not assumptions or  guesses), fine, go find your help somewhere else then... bye.

This post was edited on 07-03-2006 at 01:55 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-30-2006 05:05 PM
emeed

– / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: RE: The open/closed window notifier feature
quote:
and what is the problem? I simply explained in more detail the IRO and BYE commands. This is a support forum, I give support.

No it's not, it's the same thing over and over. Every thread, every post of you. The limits of those commands on that level have nothing to do with my problem. I don't need to hear "it isn't reliable" with every post. It's already discussed and I want to move on.

quote:
It isn't available thru the API. research your stuff before you shout to people to shut up.... thank you...

This is what I want to hear. This is an answer to my question. Too bad it's useless because of:
1/ your obvious bias
2/ I need to know why and not what. I don't know what your experience is on this subject.

quote:
I also saw the itunes script in +live use an api call.
Which has absolutely nothing todo with this.

Again, I need the why and not the what. Why does that got nothing to do with this?

This post was edited on 06-30-2006 at 05:29 PM by emeed.
06-30-2006 05:26 PM
Pages: (26): « First « 8 9 10 11 [ 12 ] 13 14 15 16 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: