What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Mess. Plus live wont work, just the icons appear.

Mess. Plus live wont work, just the icons appear.
Author: Message:
xchatax

O.P. Undecided  Mess. Plus live wont work, just the icons appear.
Differnet from the other case that the messenger plus wouldnt appera, in my case it looks all normal, superficially, but when and try and use it, it wont react, for example when I wanna change my nick and put colors this is how it looks [b][c=46]and my nick name, the same is with all my contacta all I c are symbols and numbers, poligammy wont work either, I uninstalled both already and did it again but it wont work this is my offcie compuetr, at home I did the same thing and I dont have the same problem.
Just in this computer :S Pwease help me :):D(A)
06-27-2006 10:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: Mess. Plus live wont work, just the icons appear.
Unistall both, delete WLM's folder in Program files.... and reinstall
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
06-27-2006 10:36 PM
beanie81

Hi

Can anyone help?

I had just normal msn messenger (7.5 i think) and my friend told me to get messenger plus that can send sounds but have ended up installing the windows live plus version which is different to hers and doesn't even have the sounds.
I tried uninstalling it but can't remove it from the bottom right hand toolbar.

sorry if this is easily resolved but I'm not that experienced with installing stuff.

Thanks
06-27-2006 11:19 PM
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by beanie81
Hi

Can anyone help?

I had just normal msn messenger (7.5 i think) and my friend told me to get messenger plus that can send sounds but have ended up installing the windows live plus version which is different to hers and doesn't even have the sounds.
I tried uninstalling it but can't remove it from the bottom right hand toolbar.

sorry if this is easily resolved but I'm not that experienced with installing stuff.

Thanks
if i gather what you've said correctly you ment to install plus!, but you installed windows live messenger?

if you are using MSN 7.5 and would like to keep that version, you can use messenger plus! found here

if you are using windows live messenger 8.0, you can use messenger plus live, found here

if the icon is stuck in the system tray (beside the clock), you might want to try restarting your computer
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6642 days, 6 hours, 18 minutes, 48 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
06-27-2006 11:36 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Fuzzles

30 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by xchatax
Differnet from the other case that the messenger plus wouldnt appera, in my case it looks all normal, superficially, but when and try and use it, it wont react, for example when I wanna change my nick and put colors this is how it looks [b][c=46]and my nick name, the same is with all my contacta all I c are symbols and numbers, poligammy wont work either, I uninstalled both already and did it again but it wont work this is my offcie compuetr, at home I did the same thing and I dont have the same problem.
Just in this computer :S Pwease help me :):D(A)

Go to C:/Program Files/MSN Messenger and delete "riched20.dll" if its there
06-27-2006 11:58 PM
Skarn

[ The New One ]

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Fuzzles
Go to C:/Program Files/MSN Messenger and delete "riched20.dll" if its there

Thank You for that information. I had the same problem, and I tried this, and it worked perfectly ^^
[Image: cooler3.gif]
06-28-2006 12:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
xchatax

O.P. Cool  RE: Mess. Plus live wont work, just the icons appear.
WHOOHOOOO IT WORKED!!!! i LOVE YOUUUUUUU:):D(H)(Y):o)(A)
06-28-2006 03:33 PM
beanie81

if i gather what you've said correctly you ment to install plus!, but you installed windows live messenger?

if you are using MSN 7.5 and would like to keep that version, you can use messenger plus! found here

if you are using windows live messenger 8.0, you can use messenger plus live, found here

if the icon is stuck in the system tray (beside the clock), you might want to try restarting your computer

Thanks for that, I have managed to get messenger plus working with my windows live but to be homest I wish I still had the old version, I guess I'll get used to it though!

Cheers for the help, it saved me throwing my computer through the nearest window!
06-28-2006 05:16 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by laura06
everything has been working fine and just today i installed smiley central and i when im in a conversation window if i try and click on the icons nothing happens it just  makes a 'ping' sound :( ,im so gutted,ive waited so long for this and now it wont work.

Simley Central is not compatible with the program. Patchou has contacted the team before, but they don't want to work on compatiblity :P.
06-28-2006 07:04 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: