What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Annoying balloon tip

Annoying balloon tip
Author: Message:
kcire

58 / Male / –
O.P. Annoying balloon tip
Im getting frustrated cause I have not found a way to disable that annoying balloon tip wichs appear everytime you set the mouse pointer over a messenger group, it appears wether the group is open or close, so it block your user list for a few moments... at least, enough time for geting me angry.

Anyone have found tehe way to disable it?

Thks
Martin
06-28-2006 08:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Annoying balloon tip
It's a ToolTip, and is a major boost to the user interface in most circumstances. Although I find they usually disappear too quickly.

Give Google a crack at this one though ;)
[Image: spartaafk.png]
06-29-2006 12:20 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
kcire

58 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Annoying balloon tip
Ok its not a balloonn tip... lets call it as you want... its a annoying tool tip.

You say its a boost, for me it is not more than a useless feature. Everytime a click on a group to open it, this tool tip pop ups and just dont lem me see at least tree of my first contacts on line.

06-30-2006 03:58 AM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by kcire
Ok its not a balloonn tip... lets call it as you want... its a annoying tool tip.

You say its a boost, for me it is not more than a useless feature. Everytime a click on a group to open it, this tool tip pop ups and just dont lem me see at least tree of my first contacts on line.

If it's that much of a hassle, here is how you disable tooltips:

[Start] [Run] [Regedit]
Registry Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
Data Type: REG_DWORD [Dword Value] // Value Name: ShowInfoTip
Modify/Create the Value Name [ShowInfoTip] according to the Value Data listed below.
Value Data: [0 - ShowInfoTip Disabled / 1 - ShowInfoTip Enabled]
Exit Registry and Reboot
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
06-30-2006 07:21 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
kcire

58 / Male / –
Hi Budy

I do what you shown in your message, disable that registry key but everything seems to be the same... no change at all

07-01-2006 04:40 AM
kotjze

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by kcire

Errr... why not just move the cursor OFF of the group name then?
[Image: 2wehvrb.jpg]
<Discrate> lol geeks are fags who sit at home on the computer without a gf and no friends except other geeks they meet on the net
------------------------------
<+Nitro> I've found that the best way to clean your keyboard without taking everything apart is by sucking it
07-01-2006 04:43 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
kcire

58 / Male / –
Is that your way of helping??? pls dont botter in writing if you have no intention to help.

07-02-2006 03:48 AM
kotjze

35 / Male / Flag
To be honest, I don't really see the problem. Tool tips are tool tips. When people get annoyed about them, they just move the cursor so it doesn't pop up.
[Image: 2wehvrb.jpg]
<Discrate> lol geeks are fags who sit at home on the computer without a gf and no friends except other geeks they meet on the net
------------------------------
<+Nitro> I've found that the best way to clean your keyboard without taking everything apart is by sucking it
07-02-2006 03:52 AM
Reload2

-> The second Reload <-

31 / Male / –
Come on Kotjze, any suggestion is welcome. He is asking for support, if you have no support to give, please don't post to say to the new members that their ideas are useless, be nice to them. If you don't need to disable that balloon tip, don't do it. Anyways, I'm sure there is some features in Plus! Live that you don't use! Will you ask Patchou to remove them? :S

This post was edited on 07-02-2006 at 12:37 PM by Reload2.
07-02-2006 12:36 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: