What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [UPDATE] Gmail Checker 1.11 - get alerts upon new emails in your gmail accounts

Pages: (20): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
2 votes - 5 average   [UPDATE] Gmail Checker 1.11 - get alerts upon new emails in your gmail accounts
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [RELEASE] Gmail Checker - get alerts upon new emails in your gmail accounts
quote:
Originally posted by cooldude_i06
quote:
Originally posted by slang123
Is there any chance of getting it to work like hotmails does. i.e. if it finds 5 new emails, then if 5 minutes later it still finds 5 new emails it doesn't tell me all over again. Other than that, I'm loving it

well coding wise it is possible, but it wouldn't work logic wise.
Say you have 5 emails now, but within the next 5 minutes, you go and read 2 emails, but you also receive 2 emails. Now you have 5 unread emails, but they're not the same.
this is a "bug"/shortcomming in the Plus! POP3 notifier too btw... I would rather seen it differently; it should always notify even if same amount of emails exist; or an option to toggle this behaviour (hint to patchou)..
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-30-2006 04:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
:No-Frost:

Msg Plus! 2 Official Testers

41 / Male / –
RE: [RELEASE] Gmail Checker - get alerts upon new emails in your gmail accounts
Pretty good script actually...

just one thing... If you get stored the password and the name of an account, why when I choos to chek justone account ask me for the name and the password???
[Image: occl.png]
06-30-2006 04:39 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chancer

34 / Male / Flag
AWESOME!!!!!!

finally!!
it's running 100% fine...very useful

THX!
06-30-2006 05:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
cooldude_i06

I'm so cool I worry myself.

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: [RELEASE] Gmail Checker - get alerts upon new emails in your gmail accounts
quote:
Originally posted by tipsypenguin
I get a page cannot be displayed error when I click the toast.  I think it has something to do with the page being linked to in the scipts folder requires a verification code to be entered before you can log in.

Hmm, I haven't gotten that error, but I think that if it was a verification check by google it shouldn't display "page not found". It should display the verification check.

quote:
I also have another problem.  it doesn't remove the accounts after I click remove.  it removes them from the list but it still checks them and gives me a toast for the removed accounts.

Yes, you were right about that. I've fixed it and will update it in next version. Thanks for pointing that out.

quote:
not a big issue but it would be nice if it opened in a new tab when I already have my browser open instead of launching a new window.

I use firefox and it already does that for me. What browser do you use?

quote:
Originally posted by :No-Frost:
Pretty good script actually...

just one thing... If you get stored the password and the name of an account, why when I choos to chek justone account ask me for the name and the password???

The check Gmail Account window is for checking other gmail accounts. For now you can use /checkgmail <stored email> command, but i will add option to check stored account in the GUI in next version

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. G
Well, If you know Hotmail or WL Mail when you're signed in into Messenger and you just recieve an email it will tell you that you have recieved an email from "Name"... so is it possible that you can do it like when an email is recieved it gives a toast?
Mr. G

yeah it is possible, but again it would have to keep track of all new email that were there last check, all new emails that are there this check. But I am thinking of a way to do this reliably.
[Image: clb2.jpg]
06-30-2006 06:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pure_BY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Excuse me please, I don't want to sound rude at all, maybe I have missed something and this is a rather stupid question... But what is the use of this script if Plus! already has a POP3 notification in itself by default?

This post was edited on 06-30-2006 at 07:13 PM by Pure_BY.
06-30-2006 07:06 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
cooldude_i06

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: [RELEASE] Gmail Checker - get alerts upon new emails in your gmail accounts
quote:
Originally posted by Pure_BY
Excuse me please, I don't want to sound rude at all, maybe I have missed something and this is a rather stupid question... But what is the use of this script if Plus! already has a POP3 notification in itself by default?

It's a fair question. CookieRevised has the answer here.
06-30-2006 07:18 PM
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
I'll use it. Sounds very nice, since MP!L generally doesn't get GMail right. Well, it's not MP!L fault though. :)
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
06-30-2006 07:23 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
tokko1

could ther be a funtion that only when user ...1@hotmail.com logs on to WLM he can check Gmail and not user ...2@hotmail.com?
06-30-2006 07:49 PM
cooldude_i06

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: [RELEASE] Gmail Checker - get alerts upon new emails in your gmail accounts
quote:
Originally posted by tokko1
could ther be a funtion that only when user ...1@hotmail.com logs on to WLM he can check Gmail and not user ...2@hotmail.com?

If your worried about another user checking your stored gmail account, dont worry about that they wont be able to. Scripts are user specific I think so each user would have to install it for himself anyways.
06-30-2006 09:09 PM
AgentX

– / Male / –
Are you sure?  I read somewhere else that all users had all the scripts.  Also, I was wondering - could the method you use to open Gmail be used to open live mail messages in your default browser instead of IE - this is a much sought after feature.

This post was edited on 06-30-2006 at 10:38 PM by AgentX.
06-30-2006 10:38 PM
Pages: (20): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: