What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Chat logs.. How to put passwords on?

Chat logs.. How to put passwords on?
Author: Message:
Nici

O.P. Chat logs.. How to put passwords on?
Hi... I've been innstalling and reinnstalling msg plus live a few times now beacause of some issues. The last time i forgot to set a password to the logs and now the earlier ones have passwords and the latest ones don't. I now changed the settings but i wondered how i could put a password on the ones that doesn't have any? Because they are html files and cannot be opened in plus. The others are ple files or something. it says they are encrypted files. Does anybody know? It's really bothering me a lot.

Nici
06-29-2006 11:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Chat logs.. How to put passwords on?
All I can think of is you could download MSN Messenger 7.5 again and Messenger Plus! and select to password protect them. Then download WLM and Msg Plus! Live. Which would be annoying.

What I would do, is find a program which password protects folders/files, like AutoKrypt 7.03 or Password Protect Folders 1.0 and use that to password protect your old chat logs.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
06-29-2006 11:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Nici

O.P. Roll Eyes  RE: Chat logs.. How to put passwords on?
I guess I could try the programs... Since the files are html i don't know if they'll work if I innstalled the old versions.. I'll just try the programs and see if msgpluslive will still open them in the chatlog viewer.. Thanks for the quick answer... much appreciated:D

Nici
06-30-2006 12:03 AM
desean84

– / Male / –
i do believe you can encrypt existing log using command line for the log viewer although you will have to do that one by one.

run "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Log Viewer.exe" /? (provided you didn't change the default install path) to look for the command lines
07-03-2006 03:33 PM
kotjze

35 / Male / Flag
Erm... there's a "Log Encryption" tab in the preferences.
[Image: 2wehvrb.jpg]
<Discrate> lol geeks are fags who sit at home on the computer without a gf and no friends except other geeks they meet on the net
------------------------------
<+Nitro> I've found that the best way to clean your keyboard without taking everything apart is by sucking it
07-03-2006 03:40 PM
laker_gurl00

i have a similar problem... i encrypted my logs and i can't remember the password...i tryed resetting the default settings but it didn't work for the older chat logs. please help?
07-11-2006 05:08 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by laker_gurl00
i have a similar problem... i encrypted my logs and i can't remember the password...i tryed resetting the default settings but it didn't work for the older chat logs. please help?
There is no way to retrieve a password or to decrypt without the proper password. If you lost your password I'm afraid you also lost your logs...

If there was a way to retrieve a password or reset it, there wouldn't be a point in the encryption feature.

sorry.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-11-2006 09:49 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: