What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » My MP!L Scripts website

My MP!L Scripts website
Author: Message:
ramik

– / Male / –
O.P. My MP!L Scripts website
I made a couple of scripts, more on the way, and I though it will be great to have my them listed on my own website, so in about 30 mins I made this, what do you think?

http://www.kattanweb.com/msgpluslive

Main structure was made with Dreamweaver and notepad, graphics with Fireworks, then mostly notepad to render it XHTML 1.0 Strict Valid (what to do, my university thesis is about accessibility, I can't make non valid website) and make updates while not at home.
07-01-2006 01:44 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: My MP!L Scripts website
There's also http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/, the official database ;)

Edit: But your site looks pretty good, and the Language script should prove very useful to those who speak Arabic.

This post was edited on 07-01-2006 at 01:51 PM by RaceProUK.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
07-01-2006 01:50 PM
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
its a pretty good website seeing that you made it in 30 mins
07-01-2006 01:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ramik

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: My MP!L Scripts website
quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
There's also http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/, the official database ;)

Edit: But your site looks pretty good, and the Language script should prove very useful to those who speak Arabic.

I know about the Scripts database, but there I put latest versions before they are released on the DB, and/or I can put more details...

and about the language fixer, it can be converted to any other language with minor work on the files: change character mapping in XML and rename the menus :)
07-01-2006 02:07 PM
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ramik
XHTML 1.0 Strict Valid (what to do, my university thesis is about accessibility, I can't make non valid website)
you know its only really counted as xhtml if you send the correct mimetype of application/xml+xhtml otherwise every browser will render it as normal html
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
07-01-2006 02:20 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
quote:
XHTML 1.0 Strict Valid (what to do, my university thesis is about accessibility, I can't make non valid website)
you know its only really counted as xhtml if you send the correct mimetype of application/xml+xhtml otherwise every browser will render it as normal html
ut ehy should also look at the DOCTYPE and base processing on that too. In fact, I believe browsers do do this, as many web servers don't use the application/xml+xhtml MIME type.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
07-01-2006 05:14 PM
ramik

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
quote:

you are right for mimetype as application/xml+xhtml, but only in the case of XHTML 1.1 (otherwise they call is soup of html tags), for XHTML 1.0 (trad, strict, frameset) it doesn't matter...

@RaceProUK
yes, current servers doesn't send xhtml pages as application/xml+xhtml, only if you set it in scripting languages (such as php), and only firefox can render the page with no problems, in IE it will open the download file dialog...
07-01-2006 06:31 PM
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
Good site for the fact that it's made in 30 mins. The scripts are good too! :) (Y)
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
07-01-2006 06:38 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
you are right for mimetype as application/xml+xhtml, but only in the case of XHTML 1.1 (otherwise they call is soup of html tags), for XHTML 1.0 (trad, strict, frameset) it doesn't matter...
IIRC, it applies for XHTML 1.0 strict aswell as XHTML 1.1
07-01-2006 06:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ramik

– / Male / –
To use XHMTL in compatibility mode, you can use text/html for mime type, which is good for now until IE supports applicatiopn/xhtml+xml...

the big problem with application/xml is that you have to modify much of the javascript of the page, document.write will no longer work. i tried once to make a php project i worked on to be real xhtml 1.1, but i changed because of these js which i had a lot in the website.... it need to be projected as xhtml from the beginning...
07-01-2006 08:20 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: