What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Updated] AppMon+ 2.0 - Now Better! (Bug fixes, new features)

Pages: (12): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
2 votes - 4 average   [Updated] AppMon+ 2.0 - Now Better! (Bug fixes, new features)
Author: Message:
MWard

0.o

43 / Male / –
[ Help / Suggestion ] Appmon+
First off, I am completly new to the deal using scripts as addons in the plus program , Cant say I dont like it. But just have a slight issue with one of the scripts I am using.

Considering the Authors site doesnt have a forum or contact method and I have seen the author post here, then commen sense tells me to make a post here and hope he sees it or perhaps someone else familiar with the add can help.

I have no problems with it at all, it seems to work like it supposed to.

The only thing nagging at me is that it doesnt seem to detect when the program its set to detect is closed, well I take that back it does, and changes the psm back to normal but it DOES NOT change the status back to online or what it previously was.

So yeah, I was wondering if someone, preferably the author could perhaps make an updated version or fix if its possible.

Thanks and Take Care.

MWard
[Image: userbar.gif]
[Image: sig-mward.gif]
07-13-2006 03:09 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
C0NTiNUiTY

!!!BERK!!! -FEED ME-

40 / Male / –
RE: [Release] AppMon+
Feature suggestion:

I was wondering later in development if you can add display picutres for the apps it is monitoring,

say it sets u to busy and pm is Playing Half-Life 2. I think it would be cool if you can auto change to a HL2 Display picture.

Of course it would have to reset the picture after thwe application is terminated as well as the status..

jus a thought.
[Image: c0ntinuity.png]
07-13-2006 02:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
alexp2_ad
Scripting Contest Winner

Who love the chocolate?

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Release] AppMon+
MWard: don't wanna be another site with a forum with 20 members. ;)  I'll happily provide support in the thread here, by email, messenger, whatever.  I'll try and sort out the status thing, don't have time to do any coding till this weekend so I'll sort that then.

C0NTiNUiTY: will add that as well.

So hopefully sometime this weekend you'll see a new version with Xfire support, status changing back, and DP changing.  And I'll see if I can match the path more forgivingly for those difficult programs...

Check the thread, updates will be here before the script db... :)
07-13-2006 10:40 PM
MWard

0.o

43 / Male / –
RE: [Release] AppMon+
Sounds good, thanks for replying.
07-13-2006 11:02 PM
alexp2_ad
Scripting Contest Winner

Who love the chocolate?

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Release] AppMon+ (Now With Xfire Support - Beta)
Added a beta version with Xfire support to the top post!

If you want to try the beta version I haven't had time to test fully download it here.  This version supports Xfire reading (turn it on in the configuration window) and should change your status back to your original one when the apps are closed.

NOT had time to fully test it, so please try it out and let me know how it works! :)
07-17-2006 01:43 PM
MWard

0.o

43 / Male / –
RE: [Release] AppMon+ (Now With Xfire Support - Beta)
Awesome , It works. And the added Xfire support is a nice touch. Thank you very much.

Take Care,
MWard
07-17-2006 02:18 PM
Mentality

The Best Representation OF me IS ME!

38 / Male / Flag
Something else that could be handy with this because of Nubs that ignore your status or don't read your personal message is Auto-Response - since the built in one with Messenger plus won't work co-operativly with this.

The auto response could just be a single line message (Or Multiple if you wanna put that as another feature, I dont see the point myself - If they dont get the point from the status, Personal Message and an auto response, they are screwed for life) , so when you set it up,

Your Icon - Game

App/Game - CounterStrike

Game location - C:\blah\blah

Status - Busy

Return message when playing game -

I'm playing CounterStrike - Leave me alone.

Really good script, shame it don't work the same as Xfire allowing people who have the game to be able to join servers or view game stats and profiles. There is a mod that allows your messenger contacts to appear on Xfire you so can talk to them, and when your playing a game it appears on other peoples messengers the same way as this app allows (people who can see it but are using messenger still cn't join servers or view game stats and profiles) . but there aint one the other way around allowing WLM to work the same way as Xfire - I would love this if it was at all possible.

This post was edited on 07-17-2006 at 05:26 PM by Mentality.
07-17-2006 03:21 PM
Shadowgmo

I can't download the beta :( doesn't works. I will test it when I can download it ;P
07-17-2006 06:00 PM
alexp2_ad
Scripting Contest Winner

Who love the chocolate?

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Release] AppMon+ (Now With Xfire Support - Beta)
Yeesh, sites down. :(

Mirror: http://msig.h-master.net/AppMon+%20(Xfire%20Beta).plsc
07-17-2006 07:01 PM
cloudhunter

36 / – / –
As far as I know Mentality, if it was sending an auto message the focus would shift to the window and minimise the full screen application. You wouldn't like that while you are playing a game ;)

I could be wrong, but in my experience when a script has sent a message it momentarily steals focus... annoying for people with slow computers (me ;))

Cloudy
[Image: cloudy.jpg]
Sig by pirateok/marisaok/marisa ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Moulin Rouge
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return

6697 days, 5 hours, 19 minutes, 50 seconds ago
07-18-2006 01:35 AM
Pages: (12): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode