What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » lost log!

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
lost log!
Author: Message:
.. .

O.P. RE: RE: lost log!
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
So the entire log was deleted is what your saying not just the session  that was supposed to be logged. I could understand if it was the session that was lost if Patchou had forgot to close the handle to the file or not give it access for anything else to write to it then that would happen but for the file to be completly lost is odd. I will run some tests tonight see what I can come up with.
thankyou this is tha 1st positive help i have received.. b4 people were just trying 2 talk shit.. . cheers
but yes that log only had 1 previous session in it.. from earlier in tha day, as i had only started using MP!L 2 encrypt logs earlier that day.. . but yea thats sorta what i was thinkin.. i just couldnt have put it like that lol cheers mate

quote:
This boards email system is automated. So it shouldn't have taken 2 hours to recieve the email it might have been the mail server itself unless the email server was experiencing hicups.

yea this issent really a problem nemore as i am now a member and i think my log is long past saving but i still wanna kno what caused this bug.. i was just impatient at tha time.. soz

quote:
quote:
What happens if you try and open the chat log by going to Plus! > Open Chat Log in the conversation for that person? Have you checked the folder where the logs are to see if it has been moved to a subdirectory?
And going back to my original unanswered questions
What happens if you try to open the log from the conversation window? Does it say there is no log for that contact?

dosnt open, dosnt open, like i said b4 im not that computer illiterate i kno 2 have a decent look around b4 wasting my time (and yours) on a forum.. . no matter which way i try and open it.. it wont open.. MIGHT B BECAUSE THERE IS NO FILE 2 OPEN!?! MAYB!? hmmmmmm yes it sez there is no log 4 that contact.. geez aint that weird aswell! sorry if i seem rude but 4 a guy as smart as urself u sure ask sum dumb questions.. . or do u just assume that it is i that is dumb? i suppose u hafta work like this as there are a tad few really dumb people that come on here with a problem, but i assure u my freind i am not one of them.. i have tha same problem in my industry, a surveyor.. .
PEACE

This post was edited on 07-10-2006 at 10:53 PM by .. ..
07-10-2006 10:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: lost log!
quote:
Originally posted by .. .
dosnt open, dosnt open, like i said b4 im not that computer illiterate i kno 2 have a decent look around b4 wasting my time (and yours) on a forum.. . no matter which way i try and open it.. it wont open.. MIGHT B BECAUSE THERE IS NO FILE 2 OPEN!?! MAYB!? hmmmmmm yes it sez there is no log 4 that contact.. geez aint that weird aswell! sorry if i seem rude but 4 a guy as smart as urself u sure ask sum dumb questions.. . or do u just assume that it is i that is dumb? i suppose u hafta work like this as there are a tad few really dumb people that come on here with a problem, but i assure u my freind i am not one of them.. i have tha same problem in my industry, a surveyor.. .
PEACE
Ok you know what I am seriously getting pissed off with your attitude ok. Fuck don't be rude when I am trying to help you. I asked a simply question you dont have to go into saying your not computer illiterate we get the point you said that in your first post. The fact remains you didn't answer at all when I first asked it. Reason I was asking was if it provided a different error aside from there not being a log for the contact we would need to look into that as apose to the log just being deleted. Got it? Ok good now I am going to figure this out.

Ok so I tested my theory. Protected my logs with 2048bit encryption. Started a session sent a few messages. Closed the session. Opened the log. Started another session. Sent a few messages. Closed the session. Closed the chat and the log was still there and I could still open it. If you did anything different please let me know.

This post was edited on 07-11-2006 at 01:54 AM by matty.
07-11-2006 01:47 AM
hatfeight

43 / Male / –
Hi Matty
I wish i would have read this thread before i lost my chat log , exactly same problem like this guy . I was reading the chat log and changed to another user in the log viewer, it starts  decrypting file , but when came back to the original one , it says access denied , i checked the folder the file was gone , simply gone the whole log of the month , a file bigger than 9 MB was wasted and i spent more than an hour to locate it but useless
tell me what to do , it cant just vanished , shouldnt it?
Thanks
Fahad
fahad@kazmi.ws
01-17-2007 07:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
i kno this!! but i was using MP!L encryption and it uses tha .ple extension! im afraid i may not be making myself clear but i wish u nerds u would actually listen and not just try n show off ur 'knowledge' of trivial irrelivant things! thanx again
PEACE

Comming here and calling members nerds and complaining will not get them to help you.

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
Before trying to be a smarty about it, the people trying to help you obivously were trying to help each other while trying to help you. So calm down take a chill pill because they will help you find a solution.

EDIT: Also complaing that it takes 2 hours to register doesn't make you any friends either. Infact with you saying it takes 2 hours to register makes me think that you don't even know what you talking about in regards to your problem.

and another thing..where in the world did ".ple" come from, AFAIK ,that has got to do with Plus! settings or something, not chat logs. What Vilkku has said is right so perhaps that can help some of the others get a solution for you.

Anyways... Are you sure there are not hidden? Did you click on 'Search hidden files and folders' .. 'All Files and Folders' ?
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
01-17-2007 07:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by q25
quote:
i kno this!! but i was using MP!L encryption and it uses tha .ple extension! im afraid i may not be making myself clear but i wish u nerds u would actually listen and not just try n show off ur 'knowledge' of trivial irrelivant things! thanx again
PEACE

Comming here and calling members nerds and complaining will not get them to help you.

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
Before trying to be a smarty about it, the people trying to help you obivously were trying to help each other while trying to help you. So calm down take a chill pill because they will help you find a solution.

EDIT: Also complaing that it takes 2 hours to register doesn't make you any friends either. Infact with you saying it takes 2 hours to register makes me think that you don't even know what you talking about in regards to your problem.

and another thing..where in the world did ".ple" come from, AFAIK ,that has got to do with Plus! settings or something, not chat logs. What Vilkku has said is right so perhaps that can help some of the others get a solution for you.

Anyways... Are you sure there are not hidden? Did you click on 'Search hidden files and folders' .. 'All Files and Folders' ?

Look at the date on the posts... those are all old ;)...

quote:
Originally posted by hatfeight
Hi Matty
I wish i would have read this thread before i lost my chat log , exactly same problem like this guy . I was reading the chat log and changed to another user in the log viewer, it starts  decrypting file , but when came back to the original one , it says access denied , i checked the folder the file was gone , simply gone the whole log of the month , a file bigger than 9 MB was wasted and i spent more than an hour to locate it but useless
tell me what to do , it cant just vanished , shouldnt it?
Thanks
Fahad
fahad@kazmi.ws

BUMP
01-18-2007 03:17 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
99scollings

35 / Female / –
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem.

I opened an encrypted log (correct password and everything) in the chat log viewer today. Then sent an offline message to that person, so pressed F5, hoping it would refresh it; didn't work. So I clicked on the same month again; it said that access was denied. I thought that strange, since once I've typed in the password, I can click on any file for any other contact that has that same password and it will automatically decrypt (unless I had since exited the log viewer, of course).
Anyway, am slightly drifting from the point now. So I clicked on a different month for that contact, waited for that to finish decrypting, then clicked back on June 2007 for that contact. It then said something like 'the file cannot be found' (apologies, can't remember exactly what it said).
I've restarted the computer, searched 3 times and restored my computer to yesterday, all to no avail.
I opened up a conversation window with the said contact, then went to Plus! > Open Chat Log...., entered in the correct password, and it just created a new June 2007 file....it's just a completely blank file entitled with 'Messenger Plus! Chat Log', and I know damn well it was fairly full before. It too was quite important.

There is obviously some sort of bug or whatever in this, I no longer have WLM save the logs for me (haven't since February) and opted for Messenger Plus! Live to save them, as the encryption helped with my privacy problems. I hope it can be brought to attention soon.

Soraya.

This post was edited on 06-29-2007 at 04:42 PM by 99scollings.
06-29-2007 04:40 PM
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
I can confirm this bug.

However I was able to recover the log, because the tmp file was still there.

I open the chat log, open a message window, send a message and then close it, after this the log will be gone.

Also I don't know if it's related, but wlm also crashed a little later.

EDIT: Version details

Windows XP Service Pack 1 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 8.1.0178
Messenger Plus! Live 4.23.0.276

This post was edited on 06-29-2007 at 05:52 PM by Ezra.
[Image: 1-0.png]

06-29-2007 05:45 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
* bump

I think this is a very serious bug and needs to be fixed asap.
[Image: 1-0.png]

07-02-2007 10:52 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: