What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Problem with Msn Live

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Problem with Msn Live
Author: Message:
Wabz
Elite Member

Its Groovy Baby!

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Problem with Msn Live
Only thing I haven't tried is fully removing the registry keys etc etc and application data as I don't know where its kept. 

Anyone got a clue, if it doesn't get fixed I'll just reformat anyways
Mess.be Forum Moderator
Messenger Plus ex-IRC Network Admin
Gimme a Rep!
07-14-2006 03:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
he is saying that he doesn't have it installed and if it means anything he uses firefox. I think.
[Image: jumbled.png]
07-14-2006 04:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Problem with Msn Live
quote:
Originally posted by Wabz
Only thing I haven't tried is fully removing the registry keys etc etc and application data as I don't know where its kept. 

Anyone got a clue, if it doesn't get fixed I'll just reformat anyways

Try to do all of these steps; they are from Microsoft. Also includes how to mod the registry keys.

1. Follow these steps to uninstall the existing version of Messenger:

a. If Messenger is running, right-click the Messenger icon in the notification area, and then click "Exit."
b. Click "Start," click "Run," type the following command, and then click "OK":
control appwiz.cpl
c. In the Add/Remove Programs window, click "Windows Live Messenger" or "MSN Messenger," and then click "Remove."

2. Uninstall any third-party add-ons to Messenger, such as Messenger Plus or Smiley Central.
3. Follow these steps to delete the Messenger registry keys.

Important: This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256986

Warning: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

a. Click "Start," click "Run," type "regedit," and then click "OK."
b. If all users of the computer cannot sign in to Messenger, locate the following subkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\MSNMessenger
c. If only one user account cannot sign in to Messenger, locate the following subkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\<<Passport hash key>>
d. On the "Edit" menu, click "Delete" to delete the registry entries.
e. Locate the following subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\MSNMessenger
f. On the "Edit" menu, click "Delete" to delete the registry entries associated with the installation of Messenger.
g. Exit Registry Editor.

4. Delete the Listcache.dat file for all accounts that sign in to Messenger on the computer:
a. On a Microsoft Windows 2000-based or Windows XP-based computer, click "Start," click "Run," type "CMD", and then click "OK."

Note: On a Windows 98-based or Windows Millennium Edition-based computer, instead type "command".

b. At the command prompt, type the following commands. After each command line, press ENTER:
cd\
cd %appdata%\microsoft
cd "msn messenger"
del /s listcache.dat

5. If you are using Windows Live Messenger or MSN Messenger version 7.5, follow these steps:
a. Delete files that may be causing a conflict. Click "Start," click "Run," type "cmd," and then click "OK."
b. At the command prompt, type the following commands. Press ENTER after each command line:
cd %allusersprofile%\application data\microsoft\identitycrl\*.*
del *.dll
cd %appdata%\microsoft\identitycrl\*.*
del *.dll

Note: If any files are in the folder, you will be prompted to confirm. Press Y to confirm.

c. Follow these steps to delete some user-specific registry entries.
i. Click "Start," click "Run," type "Regedit," and then click "OK."
ii. Locate the following subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\IdentityCRL\Creds
iii. You will see keys for every user account that signed in from this computer. Select the user account that cannot sign in, and then click "Delete" on the "Edit" menu.
iv. Close Registry Editor.

6. Make sure that you are using the latest version of Messenger. To download and install the latest version, follow these steps:

a. Start Internet Explorer, and then visit the following Web site:
- For Windows Live Messenger: http://ideas.live.com
- For MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com/download

b. Under "Registered User," click "Go." The download automatically starts, and a download progress indicator appears.
c. Follow the instructions in the MSN Messenger Setup wizard to complete the installation.
d. Click "Finish."

7. Try to sign in to Messenger again.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6525 days, 10 hours, 27 minutes, 16 seconds ago.

07-15-2006 03:52 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
andrewdodd13

Oh so retro

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
The patch that im using is:messpatch-g4-80792(www.mess.be)

Since you've said you reinstalled, I don't think this is your problem, but to note:
You're using WLM 8.0.787, and this patch is for 8.0.792, so it should be incompatible..
[Image: AndrewsStyle.png]
07-15-2006 11:22 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
find_your_spot

– / Male / Flag
I use the Mastaline patch and have no problems. Maybe you should try first without the patched and see if that works good. Than later maybe try other patches.
[Image: sig.jpg]
07-15-2006 12:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: