What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Quick Text Bug. (Pretty big bug IMO)

Quick Text Bug. (Pretty big bug IMO)
Author: Message:
rompom7

O.P. Quick Text Bug. (Pretty big bug IMO)
I had the following Quick Text in MsgPlus! 3.xx

/nick = "/nick2    rommers // (!P)"
(notice the spaces, perhaps this is the issue?)

When I switched to Windows Live Messenger and MsgPlus Live, it automatically converted over my old Quick Texts.. But now when I type /nick blablabla it will set my name to "blablabla" without the leading "   rommers // ".

Before MsgPlus 4.xx it worked fine, it would set my name to "   rommers //" followed by whatever parameter I entered.

Just to clarify, I have also tried this by making a new Quick Text: -

/name = "/nick    rommers // (!P)"

But that does not work either, it does the same as the aforementioned.

One thing I have come to understand is that it does work if I select the Quick Text from the MsgPlus! menu above the text edit box. After clicking with the Quick Text it prompts me for the parameter, and it sets my name as it should. But using the slash command does not work.
07-16-2006 11:20 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Quick Text Bug. (Pretty big bug IMO)
1) The (!P) parameter tag doesn't work anymore like in Plus!3 (unfortunatly).

You can't enter some text as a parameter anymore on the command line. To enter text as a parameter you need to either select the command from the menu (as you discovered) or simply enter the command only. A dialog asking for the parameter will always popup...

2) Replacing commands with quicktexts does work as quicktexts do take precedence over standard commands... but only if used correctly.

The problem here is related to point 1: If you enter a parameter on the command line, the command is interpreted as the standard build-in command and thus will set your nick to whatever you entered as parameter. If you do not enter something on the command line, the parameter dialog will popup and it will work as intended.

------

If you still want it to be able to interpret parameters entered on the command line, you should make a script instead.

This post was edited on 07-16-2006 at 12:35 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-16-2006 12:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
rompom7

O.P. RE: Quick Text Bug. (Pretty big bug IMO)
Thank you Cookie, I have now written myself a script that does just that.

(It also adds the leading spaces to my name on every sign in, it seems Windows Messenger Live removes the spaces every time you sign in)

This post was edited on 07-16-2006 at 02:07 PM by rompom7.
07-16-2006 02:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: