What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient)

Pages: (18): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient)
Author: Message:
Dally

RE: [Release] Gradient text
Is there any way that Messenger Plus contacts can see the gradient text. At the moment onli my Messenger Plus Live contacts can see the 2 colours being blended 2geva. Messenger Plus users just see codes.
07-17-2006 10:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Dally
Is there any way that Messenger Plus contacts can see the gradient text. At the moment onli my Messenger Plus Live contacts can see the 2 colours being blended 2geva. Messenger Plus users just see codes.
No the BBCodes are only supported by Plus!Live...

In order to let people see the gradients when they use Plus!3, you have to use the IRC-style codes (=hint for Jay_Jay and/or markee).

;)

This post was edited on 07-18-2006 at 12:00 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-18-2006 12:00 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
cloudhunter

36 / – / –
But still, Messenger Plus! 3 doesn't support the gradient feature in the first place, unless it is done manually ;)

Cloudy

Edit: Why not just tell them to get plus live? They are behind... WAAY behind ;) :P

This post was edited on 07-18-2006 at 01:07 AM by cloudhunter.
[Image: cloudy.jpg]
Sig by pirateok/marisaok/marisa ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Moulin Rouge
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return

6697 days, 23 hours, 51 minutes, 22 seconds ago
07-18-2006 01:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by cloudhunter
Edit: Why not just tell them to get plus live? They are behind... WAAY behind (Smilie) (Smilie)
Ever thought there friend might not be using XP?

quote:
Originally posted by Dally

Thanks for the idea, I'll try adding this in as another command so that you can still keep your gradient text with you friends that have MP!L and you will have coloured text for those that have Messenger plus! 3.xx  I have to do it as a plain text I'm sorry because the Irc feature doesn't support a gradient text without doing each letter seperately to my knowledge.
[Image: markee.png]
07-18-2006 02:19 AM
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Gradient text
Sorry thought I had uploaded v1.01 before but it looks like I didn't.  Hope this helps and markee has already started trying to put the Irc colouring in for you.
07-18-2006 03:35 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
OK, I added a feature to put in the Irc colours, please note this only makes a block colour not a gradient as I dont think gradients can be done with the Irc codes that were used in MP! 3.xx.  This won't be uploaded into the first post until Jay_Jay comes home from school.  Until then you will just have to take it from this post.

The new commands are

/gradircon (any/no message)   Add contact to Messenger Plus! 3.xx list
/gradircoff (any/no message)  Remove contact from Messenger Plus! 3.xx list
/gradirc (colour number)      Colour for Messenger Plus! 3.xx contacts

You will also be happy to know that the contacts and colours you have listed are messenger account specific so this does not get passed on to other people using your computer, you will have to assign the olours and recipiets of the gradient text again.  Sorry for this but it is to make the script better in the long run.

EDIT: Also should add that if you have a contact to receive both kinds of text, the irc text will not show, only the BBcode (gradient) will.

EDIT 2: Script now avaliable from first post.

This post was edited on 07-18-2006 at 05:49 AM by markee.
07-18-2006 04:29 AM
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Gradient text
!BUMP! Sorry but i have just realeased a new version of the script it now works with MP! 3.xx :P I hope you enjoy it.
07-18-2006 05:44 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Release] Gradient text
quote:
Originally posted by markee
OK, I added a feature to put in the Irc colours, please note this only makes a block colour not a gradient as I dont think gradients can be done with the Irc codes that were used in MP! 3.xx.
It can perfectly be done with IRC-style format codes. Many plugins exist which do this for Plus!3 as a matter of fact. Though they do not automatically gradient the text by applying two colors at the beginning and end of the text, you need to calculate and apply your shift in colors manually (thus with the script).
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-18-2006 06:40 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.10
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
It can perfectly be done with IRC-style format codes. Many plugins exist which do this for Plus!3 as a matter of fact. Though they do not automatically gradient the text by applying two colors at the beginning and end of the text, you need to calculate and apply your shift in colors manually (thus with the script).
I'll look into this, it will take me a bit but I'll try my best to do this.
07-18-2006 06:45 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.10
OK well I have made a script that makes a gradient for your friends with MP! 3.xx but the only problem is that it can only use hexadecimal for the numbers.  If someone could give the hexadecimal for all the preset colours I can then start integrating this into the gradient script.  I'm just really tired atm and have been spending the last four and a half hours (apart from dinner) working on this script and I have to get up in under 8 hours time :(.  If someone could do that for me it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks and I hope you and your MP! 3.xx contacts will enjoy this script when I integrate it (should be by the weekend).
07-18-2006 11:15 AM
Pages: (18): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: