What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient)

Pages: (18): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient)
Author: Message:
Dally

RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.10
Can't wait till this script is finished. 50% of my contacts use the old messenger plus so it wud b kool if they can see the gradient text as wel.

Thx Markee
07-18-2006 01:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
rockmanneo

How about add gradient background fucntion as well?
07-18-2006 09:21 PM
cloudhunter

36 / – / –
RE: RE: [Release] Gradient text
quote:
Originally posted by markee
Ever thought there friend might not be using XP?

Actually it didn't occur to me... But my statement was only meant in jest ;)

quote:
Originally posted by rockmanneo

This would be a good feature, although it wouldn't work for Plus! 3 contacts ;)

quote:
OK well I have made a script that makes a gradient for your friends with MP! 3.xx but the only problem is that it can only use hexadecimal for the numbers.

Be careful with that... There is a chance with the extra charactors in the message that you could go over the message limit... although I agree that it is very unlikely ;) But in the case of it happening, I suggest either less transitions, or not applying the gradient in those circumstances.

Cloudy
[Image: cloudy.jpg]
Sig by pirateok/marisaok/marisa ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Moulin Rouge
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return

6669 days, 18 hours, 16 minutes, 14 seconds ago
07-19-2006 12:28 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: [Release] Gradient text
quote:
Originally posted by cloudhunter
quote:
Just as stated before, it would perfectly work when IRC-style format codes are used.

quote:
OK well I have made a script that makes a gradient for your friends with MP! 3.xx but the only problem is that it can only use hexadecimal for the numbers.
You can use decimal numbers too, just as you can also use RGB color values etc...

I suggest to take a look at the help pages of Plus! 3 in concearn to colors...

Also look in the plugin section of the forum for all the threads regarding color manipulation in Plus!3. Also take a look at the gradient plugins for Plus!3, etc...

This post was edited on 07-19-2006 at 12:45 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-19-2006 12:42 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
cloudhunter

36 / – / –
RE: RE: RE: RE: [Release] Gradient text
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
quote:
Just as stated before, it would perfectly work when IRC-style format codes are used.

As far as I know the Gradient Background is a new feature of Plus Live! ? By Gradient background is meant this:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=697809]

If it is a feature unique to Live! then it can't be done for Plus! 3 contacts. I could be wrong though (often am ;))

Cloudy

.png File Attachment: grad.PNG (3.1 KB)
This file has been downloaded 1063 time(s).

This post was edited on 07-19-2006 at 12:56 AM by cloudhunter.
quote:

07-19-2006 12:56 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
You can use decimal numbers too, just as you can also use RGB color values etc...

I suggest to take a look at the help pages of Plus! 3 in concearn to colors...

Also look in the plugin section of the forum for all the threads regarding color manipulation in Plus!3. Also take a look at the gradient plugins for Plus!3, etc...
Ok well I'll do some work for the backgrounds for both MP!3 and MP!L thanks for the link to that I didnt even think to look at the old page :P.  I chose to use hexadecimal as it is smaller but now that I look at it, it would have been quicker to code the other way, the only problem with changing it is that MP!L gives you the colour number as hexadecimal if you choose a customised colour so I thought it was easiest to use that ;) Also it takes up less characters.  I will also look into making it smaller by only putting the colour changing in a set number of times as a maximum to make sure it doesn't shorten you message by too much (the most extra characters it will take up is 135 with the way it is set up and isn't there an option to make your conversation 1000 characters each with a efature in MP!L or is that the nickname? I can't check because I'm at uni atm).  I might also add a maximum message length for it to stop working like cloudhunter suggested, just as a precaution.

quote:
As far as I know the Gradient Background is a new feature of Plus Live! ? By Gradient background is meant this:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=697809]

If it is a feature unique to Live! then it can't be done for Plus! 3 contacts. I could be wrong though (often am ;))

Cloudy
Sorry but you are wrong :P Take a look at the old site and you will see how you could have done this (though I must admit I never knew about it either until I read it just then).

I'll see how I'm going for implementing these features in, it might take longer than I was anticipating with these new additions/changes and having to get the 64 different hexidecimal colours because I can't seem to find them listed on the forums or the old site, I also have thought up a better way of making the gradient for IRC to help shorten the script (almost 500 lines isn't nice to find any errors with but I realised a way I could use an array to make it a lot less).  Do keep your ideas coming though, it gives me something to do and think about.I'm also starting to thihnk that I really need to get some kind of interface so that is user friendly rather than heap and heaps of commands, any help with this would be greatly appreciated because I'm really noobie with xml and integrating it into a script, I'm sure I could learn but that's a lot of effort and Jay_Jay isn't much good at it atm either (but you can't really expect to much from a 14 year old :P)
[Image: markee.png]
07-19-2006 03:37 AM
cloudhunter

36 / – / –
RE: RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.10
quote:
Sorry but you are wrong :P Take a look at the old site and you will see how you could have done this (though I must admit I never knew about it either until I read it just then).

Well I couldn't find any way to do it myself, but i'll take your word for it, I like to be prooven wrong ;)

Good luck with the script :)

Cloudy
quote:

07-19-2006 04:45 PM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Well I couldn't find any way to do it myself, but i'll take your word for it, I like to be prooven wrong ;)

Good luck with the script :)

Cloudy
All you have to do is put a commar between the two different numbers like {text colour},{background colour} :P

I found the hexdecimal for the colours, now I have to implement that into the code (a few if statements) and I have to fix up a problem that I am having with it, but I'll do what I can an I don't have uni tomorrow so I can t least work on it a bit tonight and all day tomorrow :)

If this goes as well as I'm hoping then I should have coloured text using IRC by the weekend and release that before doing some more work on the background colours.

Btw, why hasn't anyone stuck there hand up to help me with a UI? :(
[Image: markee.png]
07-20-2006 05:18 AM
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.20
!BUMP! (because editing doesnt bump) New version is out. You can now send gradient text to IRC users (MP! 3 .xx). I hope you enjoy it.
07-22-2006 02:05 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Gradient text v1.20
ok i have any idea, i would like to be able to rainbow gradient my message so it starts off as red then goes through the other colours of the rainbow until finally going to pink, unfortunately the existing gradient script doesnt give you the option of using more than 2 colours in the gradient, can this be fixed?
07-23-2006 04:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (18): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: