What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient)

Pages: (18): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient)
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Gradient text v2.00
no i havent changed the script at all and yes it was enabled as it showed up in the list of scripts under the plus icon just no submenu from the gradient menu for a config window however the link jay jay provided 2 posts up after clicking on it and installing it it resolved the problem now theres no more errors, unfortunately it means i wont be able to reproduce the error i was getting.
08-10-2006 05:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Was the checkbox next to the script ticked before.  It automatically checks it if you install a script (or reinstall in this case).  I think that may have been what happened by what you are saying, or at least I hope that's what the cause was.
[Image: markee.png]
08-10-2006 06:23 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
the checkbox had to be ticked as only the scripts with ticks next to them are listed with submenus in the plus icon on the WLM contact window. is it at all possible that the 2.00 listed in the first post was named as 2.00 but was actually version 1.21 or something and therefore woiuldnt work as was expected, and that when jay jay posted the new link he actually took care to link to the 2.00 file this time round. i know thats unlikely but i always beleive in eliminating every possibility.
08-10-2006 11:41 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
the checkbox had to be ticked as only the scripts with ticks next to them are listed with submenus in the plus icon on the WLM contact window. is it at all possible that the 2.00 listed in the first post was named as 2.00 but was actually version 1.21 or something and therefore woiuldnt work as was expected, and that when jay jay posted the new link he actually took care to link to the 2.00 file this time round. i know thats unlikely but i always beleive in eliminating every possibility.
I downloaded it from the first post (it's ownload count hasn't been reset so the script hasn't been updated).  I checked out the script and it was definitely v2.00 and I made sure all the xml files were there.  I don't know what happened with yours, maybe there was a minor glitch when you downloaded it.  At least it is all fixed now, we'll just keep an eye on it for later.
08-10-2006 12:07 PM
problem-solver-wlm

i see a putty cat!!

you can do gradient with plus, but this saves the code and set up,  easy good script maybe backgrounds?improvement?

This post was edited on 08-10-2006 at 01:15 PM by problem-solver-wlm.
08-10-2006 01:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by problem-solver-wlm
u can do gradient with plus but this saves the code and set up easy good script maybe backgrounds?improvement?
I'm sorry I'm not really fluent in unpunctuated english, but if my translation is correct, thanks for the compliment.  Also backgrounds is going to be the next feature added to the script, well when I find the time it will be.  Any more improvement ideas will be greatly appreciated too. :)
08-10-2006 01:09 PM
Orgrim Doomhammer

For The Horde!

34 / Male / Flag
Hey, I have a problem with this script, when I speak with more than one contact i don't see the gradient text anymore... is there a way to solve it?

This post was edited on 08-10-2006 at 05:48 PM by Orgrim Doomhammer.
08-10-2006 05:47 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Orgrim Doomhammer
Hey, I have a problem with this script, when I speak with more than one contact i don't see the gradient text anymore... is there a way to solve it?

well i would bet the issue is that because you have to put a tick next to each contact that you wish to use gradient with in the config window then when your group convo includes contacts who arent ticked to receive gradients then it decides that because all contacts arent allowed to see gradients that none will get used. (markee, Jay jay am i right here?)

it therefore stands to reason to tick all of your contacts for the gradients then you shouldnt encounter the issues.

now then a feature for this script that i just thought of, as it is i can tick many contacts in bbcode and many contacts in irc but only set one gradient format for that code group. wouldnt it be cool if i could create a gradient rule for each individual contact and have the option to create "Gradient Groups" for using one gradient style for a specific group of people. all of which could be setup from the config window, for example, my companys logo uses orange and blue so maybe all my messenger contacts from work could be configured in a gradient group to see my messages as orange to blue gradient, but that gradient wouldnt make sense to a member of my superdudes community buddies, now superdudes logo is red and yellow therefore in a different gradient group i could let all superdudes on msn read my messages as red text going into yellow text for example.

anyway let me know what you guys think, and doomhammer hope my suggestion helps resolve the problem for you.
08-10-2006 07:01 PM
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Release] Gradient text v2.00

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Orgrim Doomhammer

well i would bet the issue is that because you have to put a tick next to each contact that you wish to use gradient with in the config window then when your group convo includes contacts who arent ticked to receive gradients then it decides that because all contacts arent allowed to see gradients that none will get used. (markee, Jay jay am i right here?)

No sorry this script will only work with 1 on 1 chats not a group chat

quote:
now then a feature for this script that i just thought of, as it is i can tick many contacts in bbcode and many contacts in irc but only set one gradient format for that code group. wouldnt it be cool if i could create a gradient rule for each individual contact and have the option to create "Gradient Groups" for using one gradient style for a specific group of people. all of which could be setup from the config window, for example, my companys logo uses orange and blue so maybe all my messenger contacts from work could be configured in a gradient group to see my messages as orange to blue gradient, but that gradient wouldnt make sense to a member of my superdudes community buddies, now superdudes logo is red and yellow therefore in a different gradient group i could let all superdudes on msn read my messages as red text going into yellow text for example.

anyway let me know what you guys think, and doomhammer hope my suggestion helps resolve the problem for you.

And you could use the IRC gradient for one of the groups because Messenge Plus! Live supports that and then use the BBCode for the other group. I hope this helps
08-10-2006 08:57 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Jay_Jay
And you could use the IRC gradient for one of the groups because Messenge Plus! Live supports that and then use the BBCode for the other group. I hope this helps

yes i do appreciate that is how you get around it presently, however who is to say your only going to have 2 groups of people that you want to customise colours for remember i only defined the colours for 2 groups of where i wanted to use special colours, if i did it your way where would i go to set the gradient that i want to use for everyone else that isnt in those groups? its just a thought you could define gradient groups by clicking and add gradient group button which launches the gradient group setup window. and then the main window for bbcode and irc would be for setting individual gradients against each and every contact seperately.
08-11-2006 05:34 AM
Pages: (18): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: