What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient)

Pages: (18): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 12 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient)
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
i think i know what your referring to markee,  your referring to the "Format codes" button that appears next to your nickname box in tools options screen of messenger right? well assuming you are, yes it does sorta do gradients but its not user friendly, you can select a colour key in your text in between the two tags but that means you got to type each letter of your name in between seperate colour tags etc or to set gradients that do it for you you cant set it through the interface you need to know the code yourself
you can do that perfectly...

Simply select your end color using the "format codes" button, remember it (or copy it) and choose your start color using the "format codes" button. Then simply copy that number you remembered at the end... done.

(and this explanation sounds even faaaaar more complicated than it actually is; it only takes 2 steps)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-19-2006 03:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
i think i know what your referring to markee,  your referring to the "Format codes" button that appears next to your nickname box in tools options screen of messenger right? well assuming you are, yes it does sorta do gradients but its not user friendly, you can select a colour key in your text in between the two tags but that means you got to type each letter of your name in between seperate colour tags etc or to set gradients that do it for you you cant set it through the interface you need to know the code yourself
you can do that perfectly...

Simply select your end color using the "format codes" button, remember it (or copy it) and choose your start color using the "format codes" button. Then simply copy that number you remembered at the end... done.

(and this explanation sounds even faaaaar more complicated than it actually is; it only takes 2 steps)

An even more simple way of doing this so that you don't forget the number or anything is as follows:

1. Press "Format Tags" button
  2. Click the "T" in the top right corner of the box that pops up
  3. Go to "Gadient Text" and click it
  4. Select your start colour
  5. Select your end colour
  6. Click "Ok" or "Apply" to make you diplay name coloured
It might seem like a lot of steps but I took baby steps so people don't get confused :P

Btw, I'll still add this feature to the next version because it isn't hard at all
[Image: markee.png]
08-20-2006 07:41 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
the above procedure also applies to gradient backgrounds just replace the words "Gradient Text" with "Gradient background", while i know it does seem pretty easy that way i am still glad markee wants to put the nickname gradiator in the next version as although the above procedure is easy enough if you later decide the selected gradient wasnt what you wanted and only wanted to change 1 of the 2 colurs you still have to repeat the whole procedure again selecting both colours where as if it was part of gradient you would just click on the color icon next to which ever color you wanted to change which therefore saves the user a bit of time. thanks markee your the best.
08-20-2006 08:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
For all you french speaking people who would like a copy of gradient it has been translated by Flo.  If anyone else would like to translate a version of gradient it will be greatly appreciated.

Btw thank you all for downloading our script, it makes me feel as if I have done something great (even though Message Gradiator gets more downloads per day than us :sad:).  Be on the look out for the next version of gradient soon, there is going to be a whole lot of new features that I hope you will enjoy (far more than the makers of Message Gradiator ever included :P).

Anyway, the french version of the script can be found below.

.plsc File Attachment: (170.44 KB)
This file has been downloaded 213 time(s).
08-25-2006 04:54 PM
rockmanneo

Thanks guys for adding gradient background. Dunno if this brought up already, however can you fix a minor annoyance where gradient background doesn't end where the text does. It ends one character after the last text. It doesn't look good with emoticons
08-29-2006 05:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by rockmanneo
Thanks guys for adding gradient background. Dunno if this brought up already, however can you fix a minor annoyance where gradient background doesn't end where the text does. It ends one character after the last text. It doesn't look good with emoticons

yes i too have noticed this it puts a blank space in after the text every time you use a background which if someone was being perdantic about grammar would make it look like the person using the gradient background is always stopping and sending out there messages mid sentance, which of course could confuse the recipiants. but hey other than that minor annoyance you got a great script going here keep up the good work guys.
08-29-2006 06:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00
we have this once space at the end so that the bat emoticon doesnt come up if u end with : sorry about this but its the only way
08-29-2006 08:50 PM
cloudhunter

36 / – / –
How about only having the space if there is a : just before it?

Cloudy
[Image: cloudy.jpg]
Sig by pirateok/marisaok/marisa ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Moulin Rouge
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return

6692 days, 16 hours, 29 minutes, 17 seconds ago
08-29-2006 09:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00
it would be possable but we are WAY to busy with other stuff for gradient sorry cant tell and dont hold your breathe for the next version it will be a little further away
08-29-2006 09:09 PM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by cloudhunter
How about only having the space if there is a : just before it?

Cloudy
Sorry I didn't think of that when I put it in.  I will put this in the next version along with the big changes I'm making.  The next version is going to take me a while to do,  I've spent about a whole days work on it so far and I'd be lucky if I was even a quarter of the way through what I am planning on doing.  I'm not revealing anything but I think you will like the improvements ([rant]hopefully we will start getting more downloads than message gradiator[/rant]).

Keep the advice coming, I always like hearing what you have to say :)

EDIT: Btw, it is going to take even longer to finish the rest of the next version because I have 2 midsemester and a couple of assignments in the next couple of weeks, though coding this is always a nice way to de-stress after study

This post was edited on 08-29-2006 at 09:34 PM by markee.
08-29-2006 09:31 PM
Pages: (18): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 12 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: